• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So Dawn is the first girl to only travel with Ash for a single region

So people are mad that Dawn and Brock interacted as friends of some sort? Were they supposed to just give death stares at each other the whole season?

Because they weren't friends. More like, "associates connected by traveling with Ash."

I kinda agree with Scott lol. They had a really awkward friendship. It didn't even seem real. Like how those rich ladies in movies pretend to like each other when they see each other but actually don't care for each other.

Okay, maybe not to that extreme, but it honestly doesn't seem like Dawn and Brock have much to say to each other besides the occasional commentary on Ash's battles. They are forced to interact when Ash is busy battling since it would be pretty awkward otherwise. I dunno, I just feel like the DP trio as a whole was barely a "trio" at all. It's more like two people and some dude that is just tagging along because he doesn't have anything better to do. But that's just me.

And really, Brock was gonna leave Ash for that one chick in the beginning of DP but ended up going with him anyways because she left him hanging. Shows how much Brock really cares for traveling with him.

Associates? Lol. Of course they were friends.

^This is all I'd have to say in reply to Gliscor'd...

They've had friendly interaction and Brock has taught Dawn a lot of things he's known. They're bound to be friends even if it isn't openly displayed that much.

Saying Dawn and Brock's friendship was forced is one thing- saying they weren't friends is another.

And really, Brock was gonna leave Ash for that one chick in the beginning of DP but ended up going with him anyways because she left him hanging. Shows how much Brock really cares for traveling with him.

Maybe when Brock leaves, maybe that girl will be the one to...

(What? She could break up with her boyfriend by the end of D&P...)

Maybe when Brock leaves, maybe that girl will be the one to...

(What? She could break up with her boyfriend by the end of D&P...)

That would definitely come out completely out of nowhere lol. I'd be surprised if the writers remembered her/bothered to bring her back.

Dawn and Brock barely felt like real friends. Brock would help Dawn simply because he's a nice guy, but they never felt like, "real" friends.

Its almost as if Brock knows the female companion always leaves the group now, so he never bothered to care about Dawn much. lol.

Dawn and Brock barely felt like real friends. Brock would help Dawn simply because he's a nice guy, but they never felt like, "real" friends.

Its almost as if Brock knows the female companion always leaves the group now, so he never bothered to care about Dawn much. lol.

True, but there are moments in the show where they show that they actually care for each other like Brock giving her pointers and Dawn looking out for him.

Because they weren't friends. More like, "associates connected by traveling with Ash."

But wanting them not to say bye to each other when they set off??

I say bye to my worse enemies! LOL of course they'd acknowledge that they're not going to see each other ever again most likely, even though they'll say they'll meet up again. I mean, I'm sure they won't be too sad about leaving but come on.

That would definitely come out completely out of nowhere lol. I'd be surprised if the writers remembered her/bothered to bring her back.

I just thought that since it would bring things in the D&P realm full circle with Brock, imo. It's the type of thing that would be unexpected yet make sense.

Gliscor'd said:
I guess this is the reason it felt like May was around longer than she was, because when you have two separate arcs that "restart" and have a Pallet Town visit, it feels like one huge adventure ended and another began. That and two Contests arcs felt like we saw a continuation of a previous storyline.

I agree. Those sort of things mess with your mind, in a sense.

I agree. Those sort of things mess with your mind, in a sense.

Agreed. It only feels like May was here longer because of two short arcs rather than one long one.

That's why people are like, "Dawn is leaving already?" when they're failing to realize DP is like 200 episodes.

What? Dawn hasn't even been in as many episodes as May yet.

Dawn was only in more episodes than Max and Tracey...and that's it.

So far, both Misty/May have more eps than Dawn, as well as Ash/TR/Brock obviously.

Agreed. It only feels like May was here longer because of two short arcs rather than one long one.

That's why people are like, "Dawn is leaving already?" when they're failing to realize DP is like 200 episodes.

What's your argument? In the first quote you aren't happy about Dawn's time in the league. In the second quote, you are. I'm confused...

What's your argument? In the first quote you aren't happy about Dawn's time in the league. In the second quote, you are. I'm confused...

I'm just saying Dawn's episode count is going to be almost exactly the same as May's, give or take maybe 1 or 2 eps.

It only feels like May was here longer because she got two Contests arcs and traveled through two regions.

Except the Kanto May travelled through wasn't really the one we remember from the old days... it was more like Hoenn Extended. We barely got to see any old sights.

Except the Kanto May travelled through wasn't really the one we remember from the old days... it was more like Hoenn Extended. We barely got to see any old sights.

Yeah, if they didn't say anything you would have thought they were still in Hoenn. They only revisited Viridian Gym, Pewter Gym, Mt. Moon, and Indigo Plateau.

She still got two contest arcs and two Grand Festivals, whereas Dawn only got 1. May had more contests overall, as she got 16 on-screen ones and Dawn only got 11.

Yeah, if they didn't say anything you would have thought they were still in Hoenn. They only revisited Viridian Gym, Pewter Gym, Mt. Moon, and Indigo Plateau.

May's first contest was in Saffron City and the Battle Pike was in Fuschia City. But yeah AG Kanto did not seem like the same Kanto from the OS

Makes you wonder why they didn't show anyone from the past or re-visit any familiar territory much.

AG was far more open to old characters than DP was, as seen by the hoso specials airing during Hoenn, but then BF pretty much ignored everyone.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom