• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So does this mean Iris and Dento have no goals?

In game Dento loves musicals. I'm guessing he will have an interest in the show too.
Iris, I don't know. Maybe she just wants to get somewhere or do gym battles :)

I don't recall any information about Dento in the new games liking musicals. I understand why people think that he would be interested in them in the series based on his appearance, but I still don't think that guarantees that he'll be doing a form of battle that's clearly there to appeal to girls. While there have been male rivals in Contests, I think that there's a difference between a male rival and a male coordinator/musical trainer in the main cast for a form of battle to appeal to the female demographic.

I don't recall any information about Dento in the new games liking musicals. I understand why people think that he would be interested in them in the series based on his appearance, but I still don't think that guarantees that he'll be doing a form of battle that's clearly there to appeal to girls. While there have been male rivals in Contests, I think that there's a difference between a male rival and a male coordinator/musical trainer in the main cast for a form of battle to appeal to the female demographic.

Musicals are designed for Girls? And I supose you think the Pokéathlon is designed to appeal to boys too.

Croco scans say Dento enjoys Pokémon musicals while being a waiter.

Musicals are designed for Girls? And I supose you think the Pokéathlon is designed to appeal to boys too.

Croco scans say Dento enjoys Pokémon musicals while being a waiter.

The main reason why I think Pokemon Musicals are aimed mainly at girls is because of the dress-up with flashy/girly items, which is also pretty similar to the dress-up appeal in Contests, along with the fact that a commercial for the games showed only girls playing it on pink DS systems. That just screams aimed at girls to me. As for the Pokeathlon, I've actually never really seen it as specifically aimed at boys like I do with Contests and Musicals being their for girls. It probably helps that the Pokeathlon feels more like mini-games than a side-quest to me.

I still don't recall any Croco scans that say Dento enjoys Pokemon Musicals while being a waiter. Do you have a link for that information?

But to be serious, Dento is a gym leader, so I wouldn't expect him competing in the Pokemon Musical.

We've had Gym Leaders who also participated in Contests (*points at Fantina (and Wallace, I guess)*), so it's not too unlikely.

...If Dento's not a... musical..ee, I'll be very disappointed.

I still don't recall any Croco scans that say Dento enjoys Pokemon Musicals while being a waiter. Do you have a link for that information?

It had nothing todo with his appearance, he is a waiter.
And you can probobly find this information on Pokébeach if you go a few pages back. Actually someone posted the translation here on a different thread

I can't see Iris doing Gym Battles (now Dento... that'd be interesting for a couple episodes) because we don't need two gym battlers.

Well, seeing as BW is shaping up to be "Original Series, vol.2", I won't be surprised if Iris and Dento don't have any specific goals. But of course, they will be somehow developed and there will be episodes focusing on them.

Pokemon musical? For all we know, it can end up like pokethlon.

I still believe that there's a chance of Iris doing gyms as well. Seeing how there will be less fillers due the saga being faster paced, I don't think that would be a problem. Besides, it would be fun to have two gym challengers in one crew. :p

Dento can easily do musicals/contest, he's even appropriately dressed for it. xD

I can't believe there are people who think Iris will do gyms.

That's obviously not happening.

I can't believe there are people who think Iris will do gyms.

That's obviously not happening.
Unless you have a proof which proves otherwise, I stand firm by my opinion.

Sure... Ash and Iris will enter the Isshu league, both make it to the final, draw, and split a winner trophy.

Sounds about... (almost) right

Sure... Ash and Iris will enter the Isshu league, both make it to the final, draw, and split a winner trophy.

Sounds about... (almost) right

except we don't know how the gyms will turn out this time around. for all we know, ash and iris could battle as a pair on the show to win badges.

^ I don't think in the games you team up with a game character to win gym badges.

^ But the main plot of the games is always reflected in the anime.

Don't get me wrong, I just find the idea of Iris doing gym battles a bit random and unrealistic.

^ I don't think in the games you team up with a game character to win gym badges.

doesn't mean it won't happen on the show.

the contests were blatantly different from the ones in the games, so i don't see why the writers wouldn't do that with the isshu gyms, despite the fact that winning badges is the main goal. that would be the best solution for iris so that she wins badges, since i don't see the writers doing something like this:

- episode 6 (arrival in sanyou city)
- episode 7 (ash vs dento)
- episode 8 (iris vs dento)

- episode 18 (arrival in shippou city)
- episode 19 (ash vs aloe)
- episode 20 (iris vs aloe)

to me, that would become a little dull, since ash could have to re-battle one or two gym leaders. same goes for iris.

they'd have to allow pairing on the show so that iris wins badges. otherwise, i don't see the writers having a gym episode for ash, then iris, then a potential re-match. . . you know what i mean? it'd be better if ash and iris battled as a pair to avoid all of this mess.

^ But the main plot of the games is always reflected in the anime.

Don't get me wrong, I just find the idea of Iris doing gym battles a bit random and unrealistic.

Didn't Ash once get a badge without beating the Gym Leader, but insetad helping with somethig?

I'm sorry I don't watch the anime but I tihnk this happened once.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom