• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So has anyone *never* seen a shiney?

I never ever saw a shiney. some shineys look ugly, well I wnet on serebii.net and the site has a pokedex about the pokemon's attacks, video game info, and stuff, and it also showed the a pokemon's shiney and normal game sprite, bvut I don't care how rare shiney pkmn are, osme of them look ugly, and if none of you ever found on enad otehr people said they did, my dvice to you is just think that shiney pkmn are fat pokemon who wnet into plastic surgery, and now they have health issues, and our normal pokemon are nice and healthy even if they are fat. so just think that if you are sad about not finding a shiney pokemon.

I haven't seen a shiny in my own game since Gen II. Well, a wild one, at least. There was that Espeon in Trainer Tower in FireRed... damn it.

What sucks is recently two of my friends have been able to get one each.

Believe me, you'll get lucky enough to see one one day.

Same. In Gen 2 I had two Shining Pokémon, (and Red Gyarados) but nothing after that.

I've never actually seen one in the wild, other than the Red Gyarados. The only Shiny I've got is a purple Dratini that I hatched from an egg.

Never in the 3rd or 4th gen. My last shinies were in Gold and Crystal.

Well me and my cousin frickin hunt for shinies and through out all the years we've played we have seen ALOT, no seriously, A LOAD of wild pokemon and we have only seen 1 shiny pokemon (it was a shiny paras) besides red garadoes. Then recently I was thinking about the times when im bored and i find grass and i run around in it not lookin at my screen battling pokemon and i wonder were any of those shinies? and now im mad... but o well.

I don't think I've ever seen a shiny either to knowledge. xD; Wow, the life I live is saad!

I heard that the chances of finding a Shiny were elevated in Diamond and Pearl... definitely, I found a Shiny Geodude mid-way through the game (under the cycling bridge) and was totally shocked. That thing was made of solid gold! I managed to catch it (I think that if I'd had one, I'd have Master Balled it) and still have it now, as a Golem (Had to find a very trusted friend to do that trade ^_^; ). I'm kinda disappointed that Geodude was Solid Gold, Graveller was Solid Brown, and Golem is Solid Tan. But hey, a Shiny's a Shiny, and it looks real good in a Premium Ball.

Of course I've seen the Shiny Gyarados too. Did none of you do the Shiny Ditto glitch in RBY/GSC? (involves trading the Red Gyarados back, with Mimic, and transforming against a Ditto). I got a Shiny Ditto outta that, not that it ever produced any shiny eggs like I'd hoped...

I know someone online with a Shiny Rayquazza. He says he spent a week reloading his saved game in front of the damn thing to get it to appear as Shiny (and then Master Ball it).

Someone else I know with Diamond got a shiny around the same time I did... I think his was a Wingull. I was pretty Meh, because I hate Wingull.

What I reeeeally want is a Shiny Nincada, they look really cool (gold, again). Plus, twofer! And both the evolutions look pretty good with a Shine.

I haven't seen a shiny except for the red garyados in pokemon silver/gold/crystal, and everyone can see that shiny pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom