• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So I recently started doing solo challenge runs in Gen 3

Braxtonbegaming

Braxtonbegaming
Reaction score
This has actually been a pretty amazing experience for me so far and has been a great deal of fun. For a little bit of context...I never really grew up. Every few years or so I'd pick back up Gen 1 and Gen 3, the original 151 Pokémon games. This last go around I decided to do something a little different. I wanted to learn more about the game and look into aspects that I had never really considered before because, like most folks, I had always just brute forced through the game with basically the same team every time. This time though, I've been using Pokémon I never really used before and trying out TMs (I always thought it was kind of unnatural and weird). This has opened up Fire Red for me again and I'm super stoked.

Please give me suggestions for who to do next, I can do all from the first three generations!

Last edited:
It would be funny if you tried to beat it with only a Blissey/Chansey because of their low def. don't you think?
It is going to happen, even if we gotta go all the way to level 100. I'll do both! Thanks for the suggestion! I think it will be interesting to see definitely gonna want to focus on the special attack. I'll need to research what item I want to use too!

Last edited:
It is going to happen, even if we gotta go all the way to level 100. I'll do both! Thanks for the suggestion! I think it will be interesting to see definitely gonna want to focus on the special attack. I'll need to research what item I want to use too!
Happy that you think that! Also +1 sub on your YouTube :)

This is my most recent challenge thread. I am now on my 12th Run (ignore the double White 2 threads as I accidentally double posted it).

Here is it, by special request, the worst by far so far. ZUBAT. Thank you guys for your continued support, these challenges have been my biggest high playing Pokémon in several years! and then to share those experiences with other folks validates them even more.

You ended up with honestly the ugliest solo challenge imo. No moves of consequence until it is near evolution. No wonder they call Zubat "the flying Magikarp".

You ended up with honestly the ugliest solo challenge imo. No moves of consequence until it is near evolution. No wonder they call Zubat "the flying Magikarp".
It's crazy knowing that I would've been two levels at almost any point from a Crobat.

Got around to doing Geodude, I was actually kind of surprised with this one thinking he wouldn't be as good as he was in the beginning...then I ran into some issues.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom