• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So I'm an artist too!

I need to stop forgetting about this thread. xP

Anyway, here's something related to Pokemon for once! My idea for Mega Rapidash. :D

_fan_design__mega_rapidash_by_great_aether-d7vf9rd.png

Type: Fire/Fairy

Ability: Pixilate

Stats:
HP: 65
Attack: 100 (+30)
Defense: 70
Special Attack: 80 (+50)
Special Defense: 80
Speed: 105 (+20)

New Moves: Moon Blast, Play Rough, Dazzling Gleam, Weather Ball, Aerial Ace, Extremespeed

Game Freak would probably make this Fire/Flying though, actually leaving it WORSE than regular Rapidash unless it got an ability that negated Rock type moves. >_>

The design is inspired by Princess Celestia from My Little Pony, btw. lol

Wow you are good!! I like it ♥ Really love the flames ^^

As for the moveset, Extremespeed Pixilate sounds really powerful! I would try Espeed, Flare Blitz, Megahorn and Drill Run set :)

I love the typing and how it looks very elegant. :D

And I do like how you distributed the extra stat points, mixed attackers are cool!

That's the idea, yup. ^^

Most Fairy type moves are special and I wanted Rapidash to be able to work against more opponents than just those with low defense. And be able to do well with more than one moveset.

And I always wondered why Rapidash never already had Extremespeed. It IS the fastest runner of all Pokemon. xP

I'm finally going to update this again...lol

96e6ba0079307d966d016436520f9c49-d87jqn6.png

An art of a horse I made to try selling my art on Deviantart. Hasn't made any money so far though. :( But I'll keep drawing horses, unicorns, and Pegasi and keep trying this. I'd like to make some extra money and I think I draw these animals best, plus they're my favorites! I also want to draw some other animals I really like though, like bunnies. ^^

I made this from scratch in Photoshop, btw. No sketch. I used a reference to do the horse though. It'd been awhile since I had last drawn one aside from that Mega Rapidash up there, so yeah. Buuut, I think I need to work on grass...lol

ralph__post_ht__by_great_aether-d8abof0.png

Here's one of my newest OCs for the Fire Emblem universe! He's Ralph, the ex-thief turned singing extraordinaire! He is of the FE: Awakening world. Read more about him here. :)

Here's another long-awaited update. :p

I made a Fire Emblem-style Resolute Keldeo battle sprite for a contest. ^^

keldeo_sprite__fire_emblem_style__by_great_aether-d8l2t8z.png

I also made this for the 10th anniversary of FE: Path of Radiance (which came out in April of 2005)! Ike and Elincia are one of my favorite video game pairings, so I gave them a family. :3

happy_10th_anniversary__by_great_aether-d8jj0y6.png

Learn more about it here! :)

Oh, and this is my latest character concept art for my FE fic, Dawn of Darkness! It's Eliot, the final named Talgrian knight!

eliot___the_artistic_knight_by_great_aether-d8h7xuw.png

Read more about him here! :)

Great use of foreshortening in the pic with Eliot! And I love the sprite, it's adorable.

Oh, thank you, Dolce! I actually had a lot of help with that one because forshortening is something I'm not great at. XD But gradually getting a bit better at it!

I finally have a new piece! I drew Ike as a middle-aged man. ^^ I originally had a different piece in mind, but after someone cracked a joke about my vision of an older Ike having a goatee, I had to doodle this. :p

twenty_years_later___ike_by_great_aether-d8umlm3.png

Out of all of the artwork you posted, I really love the pegasus and middle-aged Ike! xD

I have to ask, is it harder for you to draw humans or horses? Or is it the same level? For me, I suck at drawing people!

I'd say horses are a little easier due to being less detailed and stuff most of the time. Thanks, btw! ^^

Oh, I never updated this when I should have... I have two new pieces I haven't shown. :p

First is a unicorn by a waterfall, something to go in the gallery I'm selling prints of on DA.

543746296257aeb33a5f45fa0caff388-d90qf1p.png

And my newest piece is an Ike x Elincia art for the first time in quite awhile (not counting the family pic with them, since it's more family than romantic). I had a dream where a scene with them sleeping together appeared for like a minute, so I had to draw it. lol

morning_sleepyheads_by_great_aether-d940j2c.png

Man, Ike is hot. <3

EDIT: I fiddled with the Ike x Elincia pic a bit more. Felt that a couple things were a little off. :p

Last edited:
I'd been on like two or three hiatuses, but I finally came back recently and am ready to update this at last yet again. Real life stuff happened, so... But I'm here now with some new stuff!

I drew this during the fall, it's Ike as a football quarterback. lol
quarterback_ike_by_great_aether-d9hkjmg.png

Then I drew this for Easter, it's another FE OC named Jerec. He has a secret love for rabbits. XD
jerec_s_not_so_big_secret_by_great_aether-d9wgpvq.png

I also booted up Art Academy on the Wii U and made this. It's yet another FE OC named Lartz. He's a Branded who possesses an extraordinary power. You don't want to mess with him when he's in his Accurse state.
lartz__accurse_state__by_great_aether-d9wz3wz.png

And lastly, I drew Ike as a new dad! I think he'd be a great father and it stinks that he's pretty much the only FE lord that doesn't have a canon wife or kids. :(
i_ll_never_be_distant_from_you_by_great_aether-da3ohsy.png

I drew some fan Pokemon for the first time in awhile! I blame Sun and Moon hype. lol

some_more_fan_pokemon__by_great_aether-da67ut4.png

I felt like using my Crayola twistable pencils and the sketchbook they came with, even though I'm really not great at using traditional coloring tools. I'm only good with Photoshop there (and I will recolor these in it, eventually). xP I screwed up some of the shading, as you can see... And I had to make a few little edits with Paint's colored pencil tool.

But here's the info I've come up with for these three. :)

Name: Buntenna
Type: Electric
Species: Rabbit Pokemon

Abilities: Lightning Rod, Motor Drive (hidden)

Stats:
HP: **
Attack: **
Defense: **
Special Attack: ***
Special Defense: *
Speed: ***

Known Moves: Thundershock, Nuzzle, Thunderbolt, Swift, Quick Attack, Agility, Charm, and others.

Evolution: Joltalope via a Thunder Stone.

Origin: Based on a rabbit. Its name is a combination of "bunny" and "antenna." Its pink cheeks are a reference to the Energizer bunny (and the no-longer-used-in-NA Duracell bunny).

Name: Joltalope
Type: Electric
Species: Antenna Pokemon

Abilities: Lightning Rod, Motor Drive (hidden)

Stats:
HP: ***
Defense: ***
Special Attack: ****
Special Defense: **
Speed: *****

Known Moves: Thundershock, Nuzzle, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Discharge, Swift, Quick Attack, Agility, Charm, and others.

Evolution: From Buntenna via a Thunder Stone.

Origin: Based on a jackalope, a mythical rabbit that has deer-like antlers. Its antlers are antennae. Its name is a combination of "jolt" and "jackalope."

Name: Phinmi
Type: Water/Fairy
Species: Dolphin Pokemon

Abilities: Swift Swim, Rain Dish, Water Absorb (hidden)

Stats:
HP: ***
Defense: ***
Special Attack: ****
Special Defense: **
Speed: ***

Known Moves: Bubble, Bubblebeam, Water Pulse, Play Rough, Draining Kiss, Aqua Ring, Swift, and others.

Evolution: Orcantic at lv. 38

Origin: Based on a bottle-nosed dolphin. Its name is a combination of "dolphin" and "Miami" as in the Miami Dolphins NFL team.

I need to stop forgetting about this thread. xP

Anyway, here's something related to Pokemon for once! My idea for Mega Rapidash. :D

_fan_design__mega_rapidash_by_great_aether-d7vf9rd.png

Type: Fire/Fairy

Ability: Pixilate

Stats:
HP: 65
Attack: 100 (+30)
Defense: 70
Special Attack: 80 (+50)
Special Defense: 80
Speed: 105 (+20)

New Moves: Moon Blast, Play Rough, Dazzling Gleam, Weather Ball, Aerial Ace, Extremespeed

Game Freak would probably make this Fire/Flying though, actually leaving it WORSE than regular Rapidash unless it got an ability that negated Rock type moves. >_>

The design is inspired by Princess Celestia from My Little Pony, btw. lol

...I really wish people would stop ignoring the new things I post. It just feels like my stuff only gets attention AFTER I post more. Also, uh, why quote a post and not say anything?

I wouldn't exactly say your posts are being ignored. If a new user checks out your thread and sees an older piece of work they like it's not necessarily a bad thing Kelleo. You do great work, but with most things people do pick and choose what appeals to them the best.

You're works are well detailed however! I won't lie though Joltalope gives me Dedenne vibes. That's too hard to overlook though that's probably because I have a shiny one myself.

Yeah, I know, but I notice that stuff I posted awhile ago are only getting commented on while the brand new stuff I just posted don't get anything. Until they become stuff I posted awhile ago. But oh well, at least I get comments at all, right? xP

Yeah, I can see the Dedenne vibe myself, and while I didn't want to make Joltalope too similar, I feel it was impossible for there to not be some kind of similarity at all, what with both being the Antenna Pokemon and Electric type and whatnot. Joltalope has better stats though! lol

Back
Top Bottom