• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So, is there anything behind Suiren's reaction?

marshiyanmisuta

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
There is several times in SM that people asked Suiren about her relationship with Satoshi, and she always overreacts to it. Considering how the show focused on Suiren and Kasumi's similarities, could there be something more than friendship on Suiren's part?

I doubt it. While I can't rule it out completely, it just seems like a running gag more than anything else. I'm pretty sure it hasn't even come up that often, or at least I can only remember a couple of times where she gets upset over Ash being called her boyfriend. Plus, Ash and Lana don't really have a lot of standout interactions to make the idea of Lana really having a crush on her more plausible.

I never really found that she overreacted to those kinds of comments. I feel like there were other female companions who had more intense reactions to being referred to as Ash's girlfriend, in addition to there really not being any clear cut hints or other interactions as to any deeper feelings between them (which, again, I feel has been noticeable with other female companions).

It's definitely just a running gag of Lana's sisters getting on her nerves (I think they're generally the only ones who make the comments?) and probably a reference to how kids that age in real life would/do react if you accuse them of having a boyfriend/girlfriend.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom