• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So it's been awhile since Alola league in the anime.

Peppermint Phoenix

The one once known as Alphaphlare
Reaction score
I figure it okay to talk about the result openly.

I remember back when I was really disappointed in Satoshi's Kalos league loss I said something to effect of "What really bothers me is that because the 90% chance that Ash would lose happened, people are going to refuse to admit the chance of him winning didn't exist". So since Satoshi won the Alola as much I disliked how it was handled and think that beating Alain would have been more satifying... it proves that it was possible for Ash to win the Kalos league. Can people admit that?

While I would have prefered him win the Kalos league, I'm glad he won at Alola. I mean sure beats yet another league loss, and the Alola league is the first thing he really truly won/completed since the Battle Frontier way back in the AG era. I think the problem with Alan isn't so much Ash lost, it's that Greninja already lost two times to Mega Charizard in previous episodes, and with all other rivalries Ash loses to while a series is airing (like Gary, Paul, Trip, etc.), he usually beats them in the league. So it felt odd to see Ash lost to Alan's Mega Charizard 3 times in a row.

I mean its been almost 5 years so I'm "over it" now, but yeah, either that or even the Sinnoh league is where I felt Ash should have won his first league. I was fine with Ash losing the Indigo/Johto/Hoenn leagues because he was starting off as a trainer and gradually improving each passing region, but by Sinnoh it felt like he was ready to win. Hence Tobias being a backlash back in 2010 too, but people don't talk about it anymore because it's a decade ago now

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom