• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So just how long do we have to handle Yuki Hayashi's trash composition for?

SinnohBoi

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Unlike many people, I actually don't mind the new series, however, I cannot stand the ear-grating music in it. I thought the first couple of episodes were not too bad, but upon hearing that over composed random screeching music during the scorbunny battle left me actually turning the episode off. It's that bad. This guy is literally worse than Ed Goldfarb at this point and I don't think I can handle 3 years of this. I can barely last 10 minutes

The worse thing is that we haven't heard any Miyazaki's pieces yet, leading me to believe that they either don't have the rights to those anymore or are not using them. Either way, this is a pretty sad day for the anime

Until the end of the series at least.

I'm not a huge fan of the music, but I'm slowly warming up to it. I thought the most recent episode had the best score so far.

I liked Go's introduction music. The rest was neither offensive nor memorable. I have to say that I haven't particularly liked Miyazaki's music since AG, with the exception of Movie 8.

They really need some game music, and not just from SwSh.

Last edited:
It's been so long since I last bothered with the dub that I'd forgotten how infuriating a bad score can be. Honestly, it's driving me up the wall. I don't know how I am going to tolerate this noise for the rest of the series/rest of my life.

So far I really like Hayashi's ost in the new Pocket Monsters series but he'll probably stop doing bnb the osts when the Pocket Monsters 2019 anime ends or he'll do other future production of music for future series

Music is super important that it's on point as it sets the tone and mood of the scenes... and so far this guys style does not mesh with this show at all. I'm not asking him to mimic Miyazaki but for the love of god can he adapt his style a little so it doesn't sounds so incredibly generic and boring, reminding you of dub music... especially in the action sequences.

It's honestly been very bland and kind of off-putting and distracting for the most part, I don't hate it but I'm not exactly liking any of it either which is a shame given that Yuki is known for his work on My Hero Academia.

At least with Shinji's stuff (even the blander tracks) he could make things feel catchy and cool, with what I've heard so far I barely feel anything at all.

Basically I'm a bit of a Grinch than.

I agree that the music during the Scorbunny battle was weird and unfitting for an action scene that was supposed to be intense. It sounded more like one of those Japanese commercials for kids that tries to sell you Pokémon themed food or something.

I'm guessing that the current composer will be around for years to come, although probably not as long as Miyazuki. Still though as much as I don't like the new music, I feel like some of y'all are taking the change in composer too personally; the way some people talk, you'd think that the new music was used to torture prisoners at Guantanamo Bay.

I guess I'm almost alone in thinking that that the new music is okay. I don't think it's amazing or anything just passable. It reminds me of the dub's music but slightly more fitting.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it "trash." It's different from Miyazaki's, yes, and it is a bit strange hearing My Hero Academia-esque music in Pocket Monsters, sure. But as we spend more time with it those feelings start to dissapate. I really liked that track that played during Hibanny's flashback scene in last week's episode, for example.

Emelie said:
I agree that the music during the Scorbunny battle was weird and unfitting for an action scene that was supposed to be intense.

It wasn't supposed to be "intense," though. It was very obviously meant to be taken as a lighthearted scuffle, at most, and I think the music used in that scene (while not my favorite) did the job well enough.

Unlike many people, I actually don't mind the new series, however, I cannot stand the ear-grating music in it. I thought the first couple of episodes were not too bad, but upon hearing that over composed random screeching music during the scorbunny battle left me actually turning the episode off. It's that bad. This guy is literally worse than Ed Goldfarb at this point and I don't think I can handle 3 years of this. I can barely last 10 minutes

The worse thing is that we haven't heard any Miyazaki's pieces yet, leading me to believe that they either don't have the rights to those anymore or are not using them. Either way, this is a pretty sad day for the anime
I don't have any problem with Yuki Hayashi's music, but what I fear is that TPCI has forced purchaded TPC Japan long ago. As a result, I think the possible reason that Shinji Miyazaki was replaced is not because he wants to give others a chance but because he received a lot of threats from TPCI telling him to step down.

I don't have any problem with Yuki Hayashi's music, but what I fear is that TPCI has forced purchaded TPC Japan long ago.
TPCi is an expansion of TPC Japan, not a separate entity that can overtake it. Tsunekazu Ishihara is still the CEO.

As a result, I think the possible reason that Shinji Miyazaki was replaced is not because he wants to give others a chance but because he received a lot of threats from TPCI telling him to step down.
That's paranoid. Also, does it really matter why he stepped down?

I don’t see how TPCI would “threaten” anyone here. They’re still going to replace the new music in this series, they don’t care who scores the anime in Japan because they can’t get royalties from it regardless of who it is.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom