• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So just how long do we have to handle Yuki Hayashi's trash composition for?

My biggest problem right now is the lack of video game remixes. Where was the Sword & Shield music during the two Galar episodes? Where's the Red & Green music during the Kanto episodes? And why does every episode feel exactly the same musically regardless of what region they're in?

The "all regions" thing this show's going for would work so much better if we had Kanto music in Kanto, Jouto music in Jouto, Houen music in Houen, etc.

Anime seems to trying to distance itself from its video game origins, so it's not that surprising to see a lack of SwSh based score.

If they'd stop shoving that atrocious hillbilly/cowboy music into every episode then that'd be really damn nice, thanks. By far the worst piece of music produced by Hayashi. How he thought that type of music would fit into this show is beyond me. Mind-boggling...

The music is fine and it's just a cartoon, calm down lol.

It being a cartoon doesn't mean that it can't be of quality and, besides, people are free to criticize something if it doesn't meet a standard.

And, from what I've seen, people seem to be pretty calm around here (nobody is throwing any temper tantrums or making threats or harassing others), so I don't see what the problem is.

My biggest problem right now is the lack of video game remixes. Where was the Sword & Shield music during the two Galar episodes? Where's the Red & Green music during the Kanto episodes? And why does every episode feel exactly the same musically regardless of what region they're in?

The "all regions" thing this show's going for would work so much better if we had Kanto music in Kanto, Jouto music in Jouto, Houen music in Houen, etc.

My biggest problem is that we have lost all of Miyazaki's music. I wouldn't have a problem with this change if we would still use his scores while Hayashi composed newer content. It feels like i'm watching the English Dub. I'm watching an episode with unfamilar music and every now and then I will hear the game music (mirroring my experience with the dub).

Hayashi's choice of instruments and arrangements does not fit the scenes and the general mood of this show. Simply a totally botched recruitment by the show-runners.

It really does feel like one is watching the dub at times with this background music. Not sure how I'm gonna endure this for three years, perhaps even longer.

I like quite a few of his tracks, namely the ones that played during Go's introduction, flight on Lugia, Ash's blasting off Team Rocket, Ivysaur's evolution (also the first trailer) and Scorbunny's backstory. His remix of SwSh's' wild Pokemon theme is also a much needed improvement on the original.

I just want to hear music representing the old games/series.

As much as the new style of music is off-putting, I certainly wouldn’t compare it to the dub music. It doesn’t Mickey Mouse throughout the whole episode and is still very much fully-orchestrated whereas the dub is just 22 straight minutes of a guy playing on a synth keyboard.

The new music is ehhh, some pieces are better than others, but I agree the “all regions” thing is a huge missed opportunity to do interesting stuff with music. Even if they can’t use old anime tracks they can still do video game remixes, so what’s the deal?

Though the less said about the new Rocket motto music the better...

Why are they not using video game rearrangements :/ Not even the common route theme?
This is not Galar anime. So either they need to create a score based on all games, or a score based on no distinct games.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom