• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Notice So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish

Reaction score
Today, we say farewell to one of our longest-serving staff members, and a Workshop fixture for as long as most of us can remember. Today, @AetherX finally steps down as a moderator of the Writers Workshop. Some users may recall his epic (And so nearly finished!) Unpredictable, or his mega 50-review spree a couple of years ago. His contribution to the section has for some years perhaps been invisible - the vicissitudes of life have a way of squeezing our time - but without his work behind the scenes many of the standard features of the Workshop would have been that much harder to maintain. We're particularly indebted to AetherX as a repeated judge in the Workshop Awards, and I can personally say he was of huge help when we overhauled the Ratings guide last year.

On behalf of the moderator team, and the Writers Workshop, I say thank you for your years of service.

0IyNykX.gif

I never really said it adequately while we were working together, but it was always a pleasure to work side by side. I only wish I could have said it earlier. Thanks for everything.

Thanks for everything, baether! When I was head, your insight was invaluable, and you simply floored me with the great ideas you had. I hope retirement‘s good to you and your writing.

More importantly, though, I’m grateful for the opportunity to have gotten to know you better as a friend through being staff, and I’ll see ya around for more fun shenanigans~

I've not known you for very long, @AetherX, but your hard work during the last section competition was admirable and you've clearly done a great deal for this community. Thank you for all of it. Wishing you all the best; may you complete that fanfic of yours someday!

I am sorry to see you go, @AetherX. You were always of huge help to me when I was Head - your ideas, your insight, and, foremost, your support were always welcome and appreciated particularly during the tougher times. I don't think I could have run so many awards without your help, and even though I was a bit bitchy last summer you did a fantastic job ensuring it all came together. The only consolation from this sad news is that you might get around to editing those chapters :p

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom