• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So looks like 2010 is going to be movieless after all...

J J M

never ever giving up
Reaction score
Since it's pretty close to November (which had Movie 12 last year) and still no M13 info, I think it's safe to say M13 is going to air in February (after DP ends).

Seriously though, TPCi dubbing and airing M12 so damn early just screwed up the entire concept (a movie a year for the dub and original). So in the end 2010 gets nothing and the wait between movies just got jacked up to more than a year. :/

I wish I could find when we originally learned that Movie 12 was being dubbed, but it was a once in a lifetime thing, with it being shown at some international film festival. Anyway, after that, I don't know when it was announced CN would show it. We still have a month or so before we really have to worry about that.

EDIT: Movie 12 was announced by Nov. 11, 2009, and actually aired Nov. 20.

EDIT2: I need to learn to use the pedia more. Ok, Arceus itself was revealed by pokemon.com on Aug. 3, the title of the movie was originally revealed Aug. 10, the name of Spiky Eared Pichu was revealed by looking at file names on pokemon.com on Sept. 22. You may have a point that we should've heard something by now, at least in terms of Z.

Last edited by a moderator:
The year's not over yet, but, like you say, it seems more and more unlikely the closer we get to January.

"Arceus and the Jewel of Life" hasn't been released on DVD yet, either.

It's odd because I always thought M12 was dubbed early because they had something planned for this year in terms of movies and I thought M13 would be dubbed early because it can introduce some new generation 5 Pokemon early but it seems you may be right.
If anything, www.zoroark.com leads to the Pokemon website so it seems there getting ready for it?

All I care about is the promotional Celebi that NoA will most likely distribute for HG/SS in conjunction with the movie's premiere. The longer I have to wait for that, the more impatient I get. (I've wanted a Celebi for ten years.)

Come on, does there have to be a movie every year? Perhaps if they make it in 3D then it would be nice. It would then be the second 3D anime movie.

There's a movie every year in Japan. It's not unusual for American fans, who have been used to getting a movie in English at the same rate, to be upset when that release pattern is disrupted.

There's a movie every year in Japan. It's not unusual for American fans, who have been used to getting a movie in English at the same rate, to be upset when that release pattern is disrupted.

Well, I look at that as being a bit selfish. What other anime series has a movie once a year? Perhaps if the movies make the transition to 3D, then it might be something worth waiting for.

Well, I look at that as being a bit selfish. What other anime series has a movie once a year? Perhaps if the movies make the transition to 3D, then it might be something worth waiting for.

Except how can PCI dub 3D movies? The Pokemon Movies aren't shown in theaters any more and are only featured on TV. That won't exactly work in that case since not everyone has 3D glasses just sitting around. Well there is the possibility of direct-to-dvd (with glasses in TV) but I'm sure a lot of people would still miss out.

3D movies involving Pokemon in order to reach more of an audience in the USA or other non Japanese Country, it would probably best if they made them specifically for the 3DS. However at this time, I don't see that happening, unless the Pokemon Company wants to expand their merchandise (in this case only time will tell if the Pokemon Company will use the 3DS as an anime tool or not).

Lots of super popular series have movies every year. Naruto has had one every year for the past seven, and One Piece has had one every year for the past ten, though that pattern may be disrupted. I'm pretty sure Detective Conan gets a yearly movie as well.

I do, however, agree that I don't see it as a huge deal if they put it off until early 2011 to dub the movie. I'm more concerned with getting the Arceus Movie on DVD as well as the most recently completed series.

Except how can PCI dub 3D movies? The Pokemon Movies aren't shown in theaters any more and are only featured on TV. That won't exactly work in that case since not everyone has 3D glasses just sitting around. Well there is the possibility of direct-to-dvd (with glasses in TV) but I'm sure a lot of people would still miss out.

That is where BluRay or HQ comes in, to compensate.
3D movies involving Pokemon in order to reach more of an audience in the USA or other non Japanese Country, it would probably best if they made them specifically for the 3DS. However at this time, I don't see that happening, unless the Pokemon Company wants to expand their merchandise (in this case only time will tell if the Pokemon Company will use the 3DS as an anime tool or not).

I don't think so, as the 3DS doesn't seem like a platform that should launch movies. I just question why they don't make a 3D movie for Japan like what Konami did. I mean, being the second to make a 3D hand drawn animation movie isn't so bad. I mean, if the Yugioh movie can get brought over to America in 3D, why not Pokemon? if 4kids can dub a 3D movie, why could TCI not?

That is where BluRay or HQ comes in, to compensate.
Not entirely sure what you mean here.

I don't think so, as the 3DS doesn't seem like a platform that should launch movies.
Considering that the 3DS has included 3D movie playback and has signed deals with movie companies for their 3D movies, Nintendo would disagree. Sure the 3DS might not be good for a whole family like a TV or a Theater, but still the 3DS would have its perks especially if some really cool 3D movies are "ported" to the 3DS. So I'm not sure why an intentional 3D movie simply for the 3DS would be so bad.

I mean, being the second to make a 3D hand drawn animation movie isn't so bad.
Hold on a minute, do you mean CGI 3D or "It's jumping out at you and depth" 3D?

If you did mean CGI 3D then it won't really work for Pokemon at least where human characters are concerned (since some Pokemon have actually been CGI before, Combee, Ninjask. possibly others). I'd actually have to see a really good CGI Ash Ketchum before actually saying further (and by really good, I mean of the same quality the rest of the CGI characters would look like).

if 4kids can dub a 3D movie, why could TCI not?

Assuming I didn't misinterpret your post. how did 4kids get around the audience needing glasses? Assuming you actually meant the "Stuff popping out at you" 3D.
------

Now about this Zoroark movie, one thing is troubling. Pokemon USA basically revealed Reshiram and Zekrom, and as far as outside Japan is concerned they are the 1st 5th gen Pokemon revealed (assume for a moment that people lived under rocks or only went to Pokemon.com). Now that was a long time ago, and yet they haven't really even told us anything else on the matter. Which is troubling because you'd at least expect silhouettes to be floating around Pokemon.com already of Zorua and Zoroark.

Is NOA really taking that long to localize these Pokemon names or what. Because it seems as if NOA is taking their sweet time where 5th gen is concerned because we should've gotten at least something new by now.

I think because of the lack of "English" 5th gen news outside of the two box legendaries, is one of the main reasons we likely aren't getting a Pokemon movie this year. I mean they've dubbed quickly before, why not now? Was Arceus really all that important to have revealed so early?

how did 4kids get around the audience needing glasses? Assuming you actually meant the "Stuff popping out at you" 3D.

By only showing it in limited places. So limited most people aren't even aware the movie existed in the first place, let alone get a dub.

WHat 4kids is doing isn't important, I just don't see why Nintendo couldn't support TCI for a 3D release of their own.

The 3D is a mix of CGI and hand drawn animation (the main characters and most of the whole movie is hand drawn, just with depth of field added in), and from what I have heard it looks amazing. Mix of depth and popping out. Reviews were mostly positive, saying the 3D worked well. It was just not in many Japanese theaters (a bit over 200).

To wrap this up, if a movie was in 3D, then perhaps it would make sense to fans for it to take a long time to dub it.

3D DOES NOT SOLVE ANYTHING!!!!!!!!

I just want them to reveal Z already.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom