• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So... RS remakes. It's gonna be May?

Contests might make a comeback, if only for a brief arc.

Please, no. All the contest episodes bored me in the Advanced Generation series. I'd rather have the anime be more centered on battles again like the original series, which is why I liked the X & Y series so far.

As for May, it would be nice to see her again, if possible. It was just her goal choice of being a Pokémon Coordinator that I never found interesting.

I'm more excited for the idea of next year's movie featuring Kyogre, Groudon, and Volcanion.

I'm sorry, what? Where did you hear that?

I'm really not sure what I want to come of it since I don't know anything about the games yet. If the games are timeskipped until a new evil team or neo-Aqua/Magma, then I'd like a Chronicles styled set of episodes showing the Hoenn characters from the anime dealing with them. Give Wallace a chance to fight some bad guys like Lance and Cynthia for example. Or even timeskip Max until he's a trainer and getting back together with Ralts, if the games take place later than the originals. Or if they are regular remakes, just bring May back for some time to advertise it, I like the idea the other poster had about her promoting contests in Kalos. Perhaps in a Z version they could add Contests into the games themselves.

With May getting (two, albeit one was much later on) Gen I starters when FRLG came out, and Dawn getting Cyndaquil when HGSS came out, the writers will probably give Serena a Gen III starter. Since she already has a Fennekin, Serena will either get Treecko or Mudkip. I'd rather have Serena get Mudkip since Brock's Mudkip didn't get much focus during AG, but I can see the writers giving her Treecko instead as a homage to Ash's Sceptile.

Lance is a bad guy?

I really hope May/Max make a return in the XY anime, regardless of whether Iris/Cilan come back. Having a huge cast meetup would be awesome as well.

KAORI has been under treatment for a while. My belief is that if the pay is good enough she can come back for a few episodes

It wouldn't be too hard to cast a sound-alike.
The Japanese fans would notice it. To them, it might defeat the purpose of her return.

I think it's silly not to feature a character, just because the VA is no longer there. Wouldn't the purpose of her return be to show off the Hoenn Pokemon anyway?

Last edited:
The Japanese fans would notice it. To them, it might defeat the purpose of her return.

I think it's silly not to feature a character, just because the VA is no longer there. Wouldn't the purpose of her return to show off the Hoenn Pokemon anyway?

Yeah, it's like, seeing Aang and Sokka and Toph in flashback in The Legend of Korra wasn't any less nostalgic or meaningful because they didn't use the old voice actors. Same principle.

Wouldn't the purpose of her return to show off the Hoenn Pokemon anyway?
They hardly need May for that, not to mention that she only has three Hoenn Pokémon and Blaziken is already being promoted without her. She isn't even guaranteed to be the player character, especially as the games aren't confirmed to be remakes.

I feel Haruka won't appear because her VA was diagnosed with spasmodic dysphonia which has caused her to take a break from voice acting / singing. They could just recast her, but idk, I'd rather she just not appear at all if she's going to have a different voice.

They did that with Musashi when Hayashibara Megumi went on maternity leave in mid-Houen and the results were terrible.

Wouldn't the purpose of her return to show off the Hoenn Pokemon anyway?
They hardly need May for that, not to mention that she only has three Hoenn Pokémon and Blaziken is already being promoted without her. She isn't even guaranteed to be the player character, especially as the games aren't confirmed to be remakes.

That's true, but if they're going to bring May back just so Japanese fans can hear her VA again, then they might as well not do it at all. I'm sure there was more reasoning behind it than that the last time she was brought back.

I feel Haruka won't appear because her VA was diagnosed with spasmodic dysphonia which has caused her to take a break from voice acting / singing. They could just recast her, but idk, I'd rather she just not appear at all if she's going to have a different voice.

They did that with Musashi when Hayashibara Megumi went on maternity leave in mid-Houen and the results were terrible.
That's really up to the viewer. I'm sure there was someone out there that enjoyed the voice.

That's true, but if they're going to bring May back just so Japanese fans can hear her VA again, then they might as well not do it at all. I'm sure there was more reasoning behind it than that the last time she was brought back.
The last time she was brought back, she hadn't been gone for long and Contests were still very relevant to the show, and there was no VA problem.

They don't have to bring any player character if you consider how they handled the Unova games, or FRLG for that matter.

One thing that I thought of that would be really cool if they could showcase Mega Pokemon in Contests. I know that they've already shown Mega Blaziken without May, but if she could showcase her Blaziken Mega Evolving, along with maybe her Venasaur, and performing in a Contest, that would be seriously cool. Granted, we don't know how Mega Evolution will play out in the new games or if it could be used in Contests, but that would be pretty awesome if they could do something like that.

I doubt she would return to the anime for good (though I'd love it if she would). I could see her returning for a few episodes or maybe a season, kind of like Lyra to promote HG/SS.

Please take the discussion on how this could impact Serena's goal to her thread.

>> Haruka wins the Johto GF and is in Kalos to promote contests. Make it happen, writers.

I would love this far too much. Please let that happen.

I could see May coming back for an arc. She is based on one of the playable characters in the games, so they'd want to promote the remakes through her. I'd love to see Contests in the anime again, even if it was only for a few episodes. It would be cool to see Max again and have him battle Bonnie would be adorable, but I'm not sure if they'll bring him back.

That's it! May return in the future next episode or season 2, she arrive to Kalos with Ash, Pikachu, Clemont, Bonnie and Serena.

As I thought in the future season or next episode, May go back and she reunite Ash, Pikachu, Clemont, Bonnie and Serena.

They arrive to Hoenn again. Ash and May learn of the Battle Frontier again in the Hoenn region and the new contests again and decide to travel together again to compete.
May is really jealous of Ash and Serena, Alexia is planning on going meet to the Hoenn region and They visited Iris and Cilan.

May is worried about Max had disappeared to look and then Ash, Pikachu, May, Clemont, Bonnie and Serena on their new journey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom