• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So... RS remakes. It's gonna be May?

Long awaited Hoenn remakes are finally here. Apparently they will be called Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire? Kinda messed up order of words but wont complain.

I presume during time Hoenn remakes get released we might see Ash, Clemont and Serena getting some of Hoenn starters possibly or some other pokemon which would fit their attutude and dreams they go after. Maybe Bannete doing various antics or something even more zany like Loudred for Clemont, Swablu or Delcatty for Serena fitting her shy, gentle personality being interested in fashion.

We could maybe see Wallace again or champion Steven. Actually that would be great receiving justice he as character never really got in AG.

Regarding May possibly returning i wont get my hopes up, because being in games dont always guarantee someone return. Like it was case with Misty sadly for HGSS remakes or BW2 games(World Cup) bringing good justification to use her and help advance dream of becoming elite trainer/water master facing all kind of top trainers.

Info of her VA being sick and unable to do any voice roles doesn't make this promising either.

But im going to keep my fingers crossed and hope for best with writers not missing on May opportunity as well. Ruby and Sapphire remakes are from promotional standpoint one of best reasons to bring back representative of third generation and one of playable characters. It would be amazing to hear about May adventures in Johto, to what region she traveled afterwards, how much she grew in meantime, what happened with rivals etc.

So many questions and zero answers.
Not to mention if May comes back promoting maybe whole idea of contests among people in Kalos as i brought in some other thread i think which is already based on fashion and beauty(fits contest theme), to spark local people interest for it. This could help Serena character too in serving as inspiration to find her own dream and life path she would like to follow going in line with her character and interests.

In that case bring back Max for arc with his sister as well. Kid deserves to see world and get some excitement rather than being nonstop at gym with father.
Im sure he and Bonnie could quickly find common language, exchange their own thoughts about Ash and provide moments of embarassment and mischief situation their dynamic could provide.

Lot of this is random speculation, but nothing wrong with small wishful thinking, right? ;-)

It would be awesome if May is brought back to promote the RS remakes!
It is an excellent reason to feature her again (and maybe we'll get to see Max too). Maybe she could inspire Serena to become a pokemon co-ordinator as well? Also, I would love to see her Blaziken and Venusaur mega-evolving.
We might also find out about her performance in the Johto GF and what her rivals are doing these days.
I think the best way to do this would be to send Ash and co. to Hoenn after the Kalos league (maybe for a Hoenn battle-frontier or something?) and have them meet up with May over there. She could become a recurring character, like Serena's rival or mentor in case Serena chooses to become a pokemon co-ordinator.
Obviously, this is just wishful thinking, and I would be quite satisfied even if May got a couple of episodes in XY. It would be great just to simply see her again.

I hope Ash travels to Hoenn again thanks to remakes.

In an ideal scenario, Ash would win the Kalos league and travel to Hoenn with his companions and try to beat the Hoenn league again, since he failed last time.

Or he would try to beat the Hoenn Battle Frontier, while Serena would do Gym Battles, after all, Serena is yet to decide what she wants to do with her life.

Nothing of this will happen in the end, sadly, aside from Ash traveling to Hoenn again which is likely to happen.

Also yes, bring May back somehow. But please, don't make Serena another fucking coordinator just because there will be RSemakes. PLEASE!

The most May might play with the Hoenn festival is when Ash talk about previous friends, like May. I might be wrong though, but they done it with Misty when they help Charmander and when Ash caught him. They show Misty in the background.

May <3

As much as I'd absolutely love for her (AND Max!!) to cameo, I kinda doubt it. I'm all for it however, as long as her cameo means that Iris and/or Cilan won't lose their opportunity to get one. Ugh, but I really don't want contests to make a return.

May becoming Serena's recurring rival would be awesome. I'm not sure how much sense it would make to feature the Hoenn Battle Frontier - is this ever mentioned in the anime? I never played the Battle Frontier in the games, but from what I've read on Bulbapedia it looks like the Kanto Battle Frontier was meant to be an anime counterpart. I could be totally wrong here.

I'd say May would most likely return for a few episodes, perhaps with a Mega Blaziken in her hands, maybe have Max come with her as a full-fledged trainer and he battles Ash. I do notice a lot of people are saying if May does appear it will make Serena decide to be a coordinator, and I do believe that might be possible, but only time will tell.

It would be a drastic improvement if they reintroduced contests along with May. I might actually watch the show if there was a contest subplot again.

May becoming Serena's recurring rival would be awesome. I'm not sure how much sense it would make to feature the Hoenn Battle Frontier - is this ever mentioned in the anime? I never played the Battle Frontier in the games, but from what I've read on Bulbapedia it looks like the Kanto Battle Frontier was meant to be an anime counterpart. I could be totally wrong here.

They never had a Hoenn Battle Frontier in the anime. They had the Kanto Battle Frontier become its anime counterpart instead, most likely because they wanted to promote Emerald and FR/LG at the same time. They also might have thought that it would be more interesting to travel around a region, as opposed to staying in one small area for a whole arc. If they do mention the Battle Frontier, perhaps they could say that the Frontier Brains moved from Kanto to Hoenn for some reason.

Guys mays jpn va is sick and cant do voice acting anymore and may had a cameao in the dp saga so may and max will never return

Surely they can use another VA for May during her cameo? I mean, yeah the Japanese fans would notice it probably, but the target audience of this show (little kids) would be seeing May for the first time so I don't think they would notice any changes.
Also the main aim of the writers is to usually promote the upcoming games in the best possible manner, so if giving a cameo to the female PC of the RS remakes ( I hope May is still the female PC, it would really suck if she isn't) is beneficial for them from a marketing point of view then they would surely bring her back, at least for a couple of episodes.
And so far, the XY anime has broken a lot of traditions, so I wouldn't be surprised if they break the tradition of bringing back a character inspite of them already getting a cameo in an earlier saga.

Surely they can use another VA for May during her cameo? I mean, yeah the Japanese fans would notice it probably, but the target audience of this show (little kids) would be seeing May for the first time so I don't think they would notice any changes.
Also the main aim of the writers is to usually promote the upcoming games in the best possible manner, so if giving a cameo to the female PC of the RS remakes ( I hope May is still the female PC, it would really suck if she isn't) is beneficial for them from a marketing point of view then they would surely bring her back, at least for a couple of episodes.
And so far, the XY anime has broken a lot of traditions, so I wouldn't be surprised if they break the tradition of bringing back a character inspite of them already getting a cameo in an earlier saga.

As much as i would LOVE may to come back to the anime, like most fans know it wont happen because the writers and director/s want to make no attempt in making a GOOD kids show they want to put and do a little effort in possible. I really feel sorry for characters like max and bonnie cause without a time skip they will never be able to become trainers and max wikk never get to have a battle with ash go back for the pokemon he wanted too. Sigh.

I really hope May and Max don't come back, they really were a dark time in Pokemon history.

I can see someone else inspiring Serena to go off and do contests, I don't think we will see her compete in them though, she will make up her mind at the end of the series.
Kalos with it's focus on beauty and what not really does seem like the ideal place to have contests, but she will probably go to Hoenn, or Johto (they always go to Johto for some reason)

I can also see Serena or Ash catching a Mudkip, most likely Serena

I hope May returns to the anime. My idea is that she has won the Kanto, Johto and Hoenn grand festivals so now she is promoting contests in Kalos. Also this may sound silly but she could also be a cop trying to save Ash from Team Rocket and bring down Team Rocket.

Lol, I don't see how May and Max were 'dark times' in pokemon history? I guess, that just depends upon whether you like or dislike a character.

And I know that they had never brought Leaf to promote FRLG, but maybe that was because it was the first time that remakes were being made and so they might not have a good idea on how to promote it.
But they did brought Marina to promote HGSS and Hinata to promote the pokemon-ranger games. So maybe...they'll bring back May too?

I really hope May and Max don't come back, they really were a dark time in Pokemon history.
So what does that make Iris and Cilan :lol:

But anyways, May should come back simply because we already have an established character to help promote Omega and Alpha. And come on, just because the VA is unavailable doesn't mean they can't get a sound alike or just get a new VA for her. I know it's pretty crummy when characters you like get replacement VAs but that's just the nature of cartoons, anime, and video games with long life spans, you'll have to replace the voices eventually.

So what does that make Iris and Cilan :lol:

But anyways, May should come back simply because we already have an established character to help promote Omega and Alpha. And come on, just because the VA is unavailable doesn't mean they can't get a sound alike or just get a new VA for her. I know it's pretty crummy when characters you like get replacement VAs but that's just the nature of cartoons, anime, and video games with long life spans, you'll have to replace the voices eventually.

I agree with you, I think they can replace VAs, I mean they did it to Giovanni/Sakaki when his original Japanese VA died in 2006 and the character still appeared afterwards.

Although That if May will be in the game and that they don't pull a HGSS and replace the protag female with someone else.

Last edited:
I hope May returns to the anime. My idea is that she has won the Kanto, Johto and Hoenn grand festivals so now she is promoting contests in Kalos. Also this may sound silly but she could also be a cop trying to save Ash from Team Rocket and bring down Team Rocket.

Unfortunately, Pokepolice has very strict hiring requirements.

They only hire people named Jenny.

That's nothing a legal name change can't fix.

That's nothing a legal name change can't fix.

You also have to be a blood relation to the rest of the Jennys.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom