• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So... RS remakes. It's gonna be May?

I hope May returns to the anime. My idea is that she has won the Kanto, Johto and Hoenn grand festivals so now she is promoting contests in Kalos. Also this may sound silly but she could also be a cop trying to save Ash from Team Rocket and bring down Team Rocket.

Unfortunately, Pokepolice has very strict hiring requirements.

They only hire people named Jenny.
That's nothing a legal name change can't fix.

You also have to be a blood relation to the rest of the Jennys.
Nothing a Gattaca-like system of DNA fraud can't fix.

I hope May returns to the anime. My idea is that she has won the Kanto, Johto and Hoenn grand festivals so now she is promoting contests in Kalos. Also this may sound silly but she could also be a cop trying to save Ash from Team Rocket and bring down Team Rocket.

Unfortunately, Pokepolice has very strict hiring requirements.

They only hire people named Jenny.
That's nothing a legal name change can't fix.

You also have to be a blood relation to the rest of the Jennys.

Except if your name is Looker.

I liked the idea.

If im not mistaken May also has two pokemon which in theory can mega evolve. Blaziken and Venusair, and if writers raise up slat even higher Blastoise as well if her Wartortle by any chance evolved in mean time.

So aside from promotion of Ruby, Sapphire remakes there is also marketing value in May potentially being invlved within mega evolution plot learning how to unlock hidden, primordial strength of her own pokemon on surface,. As coordinator she was always using more raw, direct approach like regular trainers do, so learning how to give more muscle to pokemon could bring her preponderance over others in future contest voyages.

Granted we as humans tend to be highly judgmental and sometime even cynical toward ideas which deviates from fixated routine we grew accustomed to follow, but that kind of views are only standing in way of stroryline and any series as whole developing and improving in doing better job in becoming more appealing, creative and thriling to follow than they might have been now.

So in my opinion it would be worthwhile and rewarding experience to bring May and potentially Max back In Kalos during time Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire come into full swing. Giving younger generations chance to get know wonderful characters from past we get to follow and like, better comprehending pokemon histiory and those which left impact on Ash character. Strengthen continuity and pokemon story making it feel like its still set in same universe building on it and keeing ties with past. Along with increasing excitement and appreciation among generations which know May character getting chance to see her updated, renewed and revitalized with new pokemon, info on where lifepath took her and if she came closer toward her dreams. Possibly new outfit and revelation of how much past 6 years changed her.

Making it feel like hard work and discipline payed of bringing fruits on table. Im always in favor of past main characters coming back, especially if they have unfinished story and dreams, unexplored poential to be done more. With May and pretty much all past companions having room to advance with their unresolved dreams(except maybe TRacey who essentially accomplished his goal, but even he has untold things).

Ever since 2008. i wandered what has been happening with May and where wheel of destiny took her? So in case writers capitalize on her popularity and potential to play important role in pokemon anime again , with third gen remakes featuring her as one of main faces for that era of pokemon would make me happy and satisfied(even with new VA as replacement due to health issues Kaori has). In fact only thing which would make Kalos even more exciting and eventful to follow for me would be extra return from another past companion like Misty taking advantage on plots in XY from which she could benefit.

But even May and maybe Max return alone alongside Iris and Cilan making their return as part of follow up every replaced companion gets would be unpredictable, fun and beautiful experience.

I'd say May would most likely return for a few episodes, perhaps with a Mega Blaziken in her hands, maybe have Max come with her as a full-fledged trainer and he battles Ash. I do notice a lot of people are saying if May does appear it will make Serena decide to be a coordinator, and I do believe that might be possible, but only time will tell.
I'm thinking

If the next episode in the future from Pokemon the Series XY?.

Max tells for permission her parents to meeting Ash and his friends or he escaped home in Petalburg City?.

maX and maY. Oh dear Arceus, their comeback is confirmed.

Ohoho I see what u did thar!

Anywho, I don't see why Max and May wouldn't possibly and pontentially make a brief comeback. It would indeed help promote remakes as well as potentially giving us Mega Venusaur's debut.(Note:We already had Mega Blastoise and Mega Blaziken debuts in standard anime.) Plus Max could return as a full-fledged trainer and we could see him battle Ash ad well as some of the Pokemon he caught.

And how cool would it be if contests were brought back though I doubt it will happen?
I'd be engrossed in the show as fervently as I used to be when watching DP. Seeing Serena doing contests would really make me happy alas,I don't think it will happen for various reasons but that's for another discussion.

Anyway seeing May and Max and possibly Iris at least making a brief return wouldn't by any stretch of the imagination be bad would it?

Good god. Max vs. Bonnie. Make this happen, writers!

Tomioka Atsuhiro and the freelance writers he assigns scripts to do not decide the overall plot of the series. Tomioka can suggest the return of a character, but ultimately the go-ahead rests on Chief [Series] Director Yuyama Kunihiko and [Series] Director Yajima Tetsuo, as well as an producers from either OLM or the television station.

Good god. Max vs. Bonnie. Make this happen, writers!

Tomioka Atsuhiro and the freelance writers he assigns scripts to do not decide the overall plot of the series. Tomioka can suggest the return of a character, but ultimately the go-ahead rests on Chief [Series] Director Yuyama Kunihiko and [Series] Director Yajima Tetsuo, as well as an producers from either OLM or the television station.

Ok, well get it done!

Look!
corocoro7144.jpg
I saw Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire- CoroCoro Reveals. May go back!

*rimshot*

sorry not sorry for the awful joke

SO YEAH.
RS remakes. What does this mean for the anime? --> aka what I'd like the thread to really be about but I had to make a pun for reasons.

Possibility for May/Haruka in the anime? DISCUSS. Last time we had remakes we had the Johto Festa arc which was cute enough - do you think we'll get reintroduced to like, Brendan/Yuuki and his weird sock hat or will Haruka come back for a brief arc?

Or do you think we'll just have a revamped Groudon/Kyogre thing (which I think is more likely?)??

DISCUSS.

As proprietary parts Facebook and DeviantArt, and then also signal Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. Other plan, We hope what Iris visit to Ash, Pikachu and new friends first, Second Cilan visit to them and into two years when Ash wins in Kalos League or lose in Kalos League, With the Kalos League tournament over, Ash and company return to Lumiose City and when they get to Sycamore's lab there is an unexpected surprise waiting for them - May is back! and She reunite Ash, Pikachu, Clemont, Bonnie and Serena in the future season or next episode.

HOPEFULLY this means the anime is breaking away and finally becoming its own entity, not having characters replaced just to promote the latest game. I seriously doubt it though, but one can wish. I wouldn't mind seeing May again and Max as well!

I hated May and Max first time round but if either of them replaces Bonnie they will have my eternal gratitude.

(slightly off-topic)

Why not Brendan having a proper cameo with his Mega Swampert?

Last edited:
Brendan was one of my favourite male playable characters so it would be great if he got featured as well. But since Ash already fills the role of the male PC, we usually get female PCs for promoting the games. And May being an ex-main character would have a lot of backstory as well as a familiarity with the older viewers of the anime.
Obviously, if May and Brendan both appear together (along with Max as well), then that would be the best thing ever!

As "The XYZ Nexus" posted on the Advanceshipping topic - KAORI - Haruka's VA (May in the Japanese original.) is returning to the VA world. Meaning that an ORAS cameo with May is much more likely!

So hopefully we will see her in the near future :)

Rereading this thread made me realize how awkward it would be for May to come back with mega evolution and the ribbon cup. Just imagine:

Ash: "Hey May, what have you been up to?"

May: "You know, winning a Grand Festival and unlocking the secrets to mega evolution. You?"

Ash: "Well the last league I entered I got to the final 8!"

Nonetheless, I'm happy to hear that May is likely to return. She's one of my favorite traveling companions, and I do think it would be neat for her to come back and showcase more mega Pokemon. I do wonder when she'll return, though. I would guess sometime between August ~ October.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom