• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So what are you going to name/have you named Silver?

Re: So what are you going to name Silver?

What, only five letters? Faaaaail. I wanted to name him Argent. Ohwell, I'll make that a ZOE reference and name him Arjet.

i named mine in crystal: idiot

*facepalm*
Silver will fit. You have 7 characters in the English games.

It just doesn't fit in the Japanese games.
Anyway, I'mma name him Silver.

Silver.

While Heart and Soul are funny, I'm naming Gold Gold so... Yeah.

Wait 5 letter limit? Bastards. Well then I guess Jurel.

*facepalm*
Silver will fit. You have 7 characters in the English games.

It just doesn't fit in the Japanese games.
Anyway, I'mma name him Silver.

Why do people not know this yet?

What, only five letters? Faaaaail. I wanted to name him Argent. Ohwell, I'll make that a ZOE reference and name him Arjet.
Japanese have five, English have seven.

Japanese have five, English have seven.
If the English versions were to have a five character limit, you wouldn't even be able to name him Silver. Silver has 6 characters and therefore over the limit.

Silver. I've gotten used to that being his name and I still can't remember what I called him in GSC.

I'll be naming him Carlo. He's Giovanni's son and I think an Italian name would fit him nicely.

How about Silvio? Fits, eh? ;)

That's also one I had considered but forgot about it, since Carlo is actually a guy I know IRL, so I thought it would be funny to name my rival after him. Thanks for reminding me.

Mauro and Stefano are names I considered as well at some point.

Argento is not an option for me because it's not really a name for a person.

Probably Kamon.

If the English versions were to have a five character limit, you wouldn't even be able to name him Silver. Silver has 6 characters and therefore over the limit.
Thank you for pointing that out, I had not realized this when I made that statement.

Probably Silver or Archie, because that's how I named my rival in silver too.

Dickface, or how about... *gets evil eye from admins* ... maybe not.

In all fairness, probably my other internet username (which I will not disclose) or just Silver, or something cool like... Genzai.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom