• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So when Ash does finally win a League can we expect him to continue winning them?

Masurao

Easy listening
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if the anime team considers winning Pokemon league = Pokemon Master. That's obviously not the case, since afterwards he has to challenge the Champion, and the Elite 4. Of course he has to beat them before he even considers himself a master.

So assuming he gets Top 2 next region, and wins the next only to lose to the Elite 4. Can we expect him to win the League in the next generation again?

It'll probably be the last arc.

If they were going to continue with Ash after he won a league, he probably would have just won at Sinnoh.

The fact that even here he lost, suggest they're saving his win for his final saga. I can't see why they wouldn't have him win either the Hoenn or Sinnoh leagues if that wasn't the case.

...they're not planning the end of the series years in advance.

That's the problem, he will never win a league. The show will never end, and people will get tired.

I can see us being 40+ when little kids will see Ash loses in the finals. Damn.

That's the problem, he will never win a league. The show will never end, and people will get tired.

Worst case scenario we get, and considering his progress:

Top 16 > Top 8 > Top 8 > Top 4 > Top 4 > Top 2 > Winner. Unless they randomly decide to make him regress in his progress I do see him winning a league within the next 12 years.

My guess is Ash will come 2nd in Isshu and the next league, winning the one after that. My best estimate is, that'll come in 2021. Then, we might have a short wrap-up saga that's not connected to any games but shows Ash making the jump to become a Pokemon master. So I think the anime will end in 2022/3 (or maybe switch to a child or pupil of Ash's?).

Too bad he'll never challenge the Sinnoh E4 though.

I don't know. I'm gonna plant my eplileptic tree:

Maybe in 10 years DP get remade for the then-current handheld and to advertise those remakes, they make Ash revisit Sinnoh for a short arc (to not steal much focus from the main region) with him against the E-4.

There's a possibility he will get the semi finals also in Isshu league, like he did quarter finals twice, Hoenn and Johto.

That's 4 years. Then the finals, that's 8 years. So he might win a league in about 12 years.

There's a possibility he will get the semi finals also in Isshu league, like he did quarter finals twice, Hoenn and Johto.

I doubt they'll have him battle his rival in the quarter-finals again. I also wonder if Ash will stick to a winning formula and continue to use a diverse amount of all his pokemon he's captured.

The only reason he got top 8 in Hoenn was to show that he could do just as well with freshly trained pokemon that he did with most of his reserves.

I think Ash will probably make it to the finals in Isshu

If Ash actually win a league, he might go back to Kanto and go to the elite 4 chellange, and go to each league he visit. Defeat the elite 4 in each league, and be the grand master champ. Either that, or go challenge Kanto again. He should be able to compete in the Kanto and Johto contest again, having already 8 badges. There is no rule that he could use his badges over and over again.

The rules are he can only fight the E4 and Champ of the region he won the league in, so no. He would have to participate in the Kanto League again to see that E4 and so on. By the way, yes I can totally see him just going off to fight another champion if he ever takes it all for one region.

Firstly, I believe it was the FANBASE that made the impression that winning the Pokemon League meant he would become a Pokemon Master. It was never explicitly stated that this was the case. NEVER. That's why I never take the "Ash will win the League come the last arc/end of the series" excuse. Besides, he did win the Orange League and the Orangle Island Gyms/challenges were more or less Kanto adventures with gimmicks.

Secondly, I believe that he could win the Isshu League, what with all these series rebooting BW is leaning towards and all.

Rumor has it that Gen 5 will be the last, so this could be the tournament Ash wins. I still think Ash should've won in Sinnoh and then supervised another trainer's challenge in Isshu.

The day Ash finally wins a Pokemon League is the day that the writers decide to get rid of him as the main character...

It's safe to say that, regardless of cast changes with the other characters, Ash and Pikachu will remain an integral part of the anime franchise.

If Ash is going to win a Pokemon League, more than likely it would be his final saga. Either this would be his last tenure as a main character (only to be replaced by somebody else) or the anime will no longer has any game source material to reference from.

Why is it that everyone believes that Ash winning a League means it's the end of his character/the show? What the hell? Lol... Wow.

If he wins a league in his final saga, then there will have to be an E4 arc. Winning 1 league does not make you a Pokemon master. Coordinators have that luxury. They have to win a GF, and then bam they are a Top Coordinator.

I hope they wouldn't show Ash win a league, and then do massive time skip with him already a Champion of XXX region. That would be lame.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom