• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So who do you think will be the main villain?

JFrombaugh

Reaction score
Going by the whole "alternate timeline Alola" rumors, do you think that Lusamine will manage to get even worse in USUM? Or will the villain be somebody else?

Not that I actually believe them, but a lot of the "leaks" so far in the leak thread have been really stating that there will be a new villain team in USUM's timeline. One leak in particular mentions that Lusamine seems to have a had a change of heart after "a much needed vacation", although Gladion doesn't seem to think so, hence he steals Type Null and runs away.

Personally, I think we'll see Colress end up being the villain/leader of a new villain team, and the new story climax somehow involves his research into merging Pokemon or something. I just feel like they wouldn't put in his cameo appearance on Route 8 and mentioning that he'll be staying there awhile without a reason...

Lol at Colress. People will never give up on him, huh? It got old 4 years ago. His shtick of talking about Megas and Z-moves isn't even unique.

I think it will be a combination of Necrozma and Mohn. The good Mohn is in SM, but the bad one is the one that disappeared from the SM world and drove Lusamine mad... Similarly, USUM Lusamine might be a fairly tame character like her husband as shown in SM.

Last edited:
I don't think Colress will be the villain this time in US/UM, I'm thinking of new Villain team, Team Skull was disbanded in SM and Aether Foundation might turn out to be good guys this time and Lusamine too. It would be cool to tag along with Aether Foundation to bring down the new villain or maybe they'll be villain that are similar to Aether.

If they're going to flip this game on its side and present it to us from a different angle, then I'd like to see Mohn's story. His disappearing into the wormhole, unable to return and then......somehow ending up on Pokepelago? That left a bad taste in my mouth. Too many unanswered questions on that, at least for my liking.

As for the villain team -- I'd actually like to see that Team Skull is the proper villain team this time around. I'd like to see that they have more members in their group and some of them have infiltrated the Aether Foundation. Guzma wants to gather as much info as he can on the UB so he can take over Aether for himself and garner the power of the UB for himself. We would eventually arrive at a point where there's an internal battle between Aether and Team Skull for control of the foundation. So I would like to see that Lusamine is a good person in this version, squaring off against Guzma and crew. Whether Mohn would be present to play a role in this fight ~on either side~ would be okay with me.

Don't really have an opinion on what to do with Gladion & Lillie in this version. I suppose ~if~ this version would have a good Lusamine in it, then Gladion wouldn't be so pissed at everyone, and Lillie wouldn't be so emotionally damaged.

Back when "Pokemon Stars" was still a rumored third version sequel that would presumably take place 1-2 years after the events of SM, I had this crazy idea that an entirely new character in the Aether Foundation would incapacitiate Gladion and usurp him as President, and alongside Faba they would try to ressurect Lusamine's research into summoning Ultra Beasts. Lusamine is revealled to have recovered fully from exposure to Nihilego's mind control toxins, and in the climax she actually works with the new protagonist and Lillie to infiltrate the Aether Foundation and stop their plans once and for all.

And after all that, we not only get to see Lusamine finally make amends with Gladion, but it turns out that Mohn actually managed to escape from Ultra Space during the whole Necrozma invasion. The family is reunited, they live happily ever after...and Lillie turns out to be the new Champion of Alola.

Last edited:
can't really see them making Team Skull any worse, because they're supposed to be ineffectual morons. A "Beware the Silly Ones" could work, but it'd kind of go against the reason Team Skull was created (and why they're so much more popular than, say, Team Flare); they aren't an apocalyptic force of evil like Galactic or Flare, nor are they trying to take over the world like Plasma. They're just a bunch of rejects and misfits causing trouble because they feel the world has wronged them... And they're pathetically, hilariously bad at it. The whole purpose of Skull is to be a bunch of losers who make Jessie and James look competent... Unlike Team Flare, which was unintentionally hard to take seriously because of poor writing.

If they change anything about Skull, make it so they aren't affiliated with Aether and actually end up helping the player when the player, Gladion and Hau invade Aether Paradise. Granted, that's just me being a Team Skull fan and being kind of sad that didn't happen in SuMo.

TBH, they probably won't change the plot that drastically so it doesn't interfere too much with the plot of Pokémon Special. I doubt it'd have much of an effect on the anime, given how the SuMo anime is so drastically different from the games in many ways. You know, like Gladion not being with Team Skull and not having Null and Lillie not having Nebby.

Really, the only change I see happening is Lusamine being nasty enough to force Nebby to fuse with Necrozma and possibly having Nanu give out the Z-Ring this time around.

I hope Faba is at least still on the evil side. The man has such a punchable face I would love to battle him and knock him down a few pegs again. <3

Agreed, it's pretty heavily implied that Lusamine used to be a genuinely caring mother until she became obsessed over Mohn's disappearance. But I think that even if something happened to avert her descent into madness in USUM's story, I just don't see Faba suddenly becoming one of the good guys.

Lol at Colress. People will never give up on him, huh? It got old 4 years ago. His shtick of talking about Megas and Z-moves isn't even unique.

I think it will be a combination of Necrozma and Mohn. The good Mohn is in SM, but the bad one is the one that disappeared from the SM world and drove Lusamine mad... Similarly, USUM Lusamine might be a fairly tame character like her husband as shown in SM.
I concur, it would really work too if they want to push the AU aspect.

Necrozma will be the villan with Team Skull on the side doing their thing but they're good samaritans that fail at the good part now (but they're trying).

I'm still sticking by my "corrupted cosmog" theory and that Necrozma has the power to open the wormhole as well as the cause of normal universe!Mohn disappearing. I feel like if they're going to pull a B2W2 with the alt universes instead of a third version that would be the best plan. Especially if Mohn never disappeared in this universe and Lusimine never went over the edge because of it and never ruined her organization's mission and reputation.

I feel like Faba might be involved with the corruption of Cosmog/Cosmoem that causes Necrozma to affect Solgaleo and Lunala. I say this because I read a theory post on Reddit a couple days ago drawing on the similarities between the Porygon line and the Type: Null line where both are projects of failure from Aether Paradise in SM; Type: Null with the failure of the RKS System as Type: Full and Porygon being corrupted by the Dubious Disc (given by Faba in SM) with the intent of it traveling to alien dimensions as Porygon-Z.

So I'm thinking that when Cosmog/Cosmoem gets captured by Aether Paradise, Faba tries to do an experiment on it, it gets corrupted by Necrozma which causes Solgaleo and Lunala to rage uncontrollably.

Mohn makes sense. Goes mad in Ultra Space, pops up in Ulola, manipulates Lusamine who is good and so on. I can see Team Skull being mire insidious under Mohn's influence, and so on. Lastly not a villain persey, but I can see Colress as a grey neutral bystander who benefits from the Foundation and while not reaching the place he had in B2W2, he can still try and stop you along the way to further his research.

Bonus Idea: Team Reskull in Mega Alola are helping out everyone

Maybe Mohn will be the villain and Lusamine will take over duties of running Poke Pelago. Random idea, but I like the idea of a story's villain being a relative of the playable character, probably wont happen in USUM, or ever, but really an interesting angle.

How about Necrozma? The Pokédex says it has a vicious nature and is reminiscent of the UBs.

Or maybe Necrozma and the UBs are the villains. Solgaleo/Lunala, the Tapus, and maybe Zygarde too fight them.

Back when "Pokemon Stars" was still a rumored third version sequel that would presumably take place 1-2 years after the events of SM, I had this crazy idea that an entirely new character in the Aether Foundation would incapacitiate Gladion and usurp him as President, and alongside Faba they would try to ressurect Lusamine's research into summoning Ultra Beasts. Lusamine is revealled to have recovered fully from exposure to Nihilego's mind control toxins, and in the climax she actually works with the new protagonist and Lillie to infiltrate the Aether Foundation and stop their plans once and for all.

And after all that, we not only get to see Lusamine finally make amends with Gladion, but it turns out that Mohn actually managed to escape from Ultra Space during the whole Necrozma invasion. The family is reunited, they live happily ever after...and Lillie turns out to be the new Champion of Alola.

Instead of Faba let this villainous person be WICKE. That would be a shocking twist.

Then she would be truly wicke-d! :p

That is both the worst and best pun I've ever heard. It's not funny but it is. Might want to put that in spoiler tags just in case someone from TCPI comes creeping for bad puns for episode titles for the dub.

What if the Aether Foundation in general is the organization that is presented as evil in the storyline and Team Skull's role is to defeat the evil in the Foundation?

Then she would be truly wicke-d! :p

Oh it's not just because of the awful pun that I want it to happen. It just seems a bit fishy how she knows so much about the ultra beast, and how she was also Lillie's confidant. She could have gotten everyone fooled.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom