• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So who wants Pokemon Mystery Dungeon to become an actual series?

Would you like Mystery Dungeon to become a seperate anime series?

• Yes

Votes: 30 51.7%
  • No

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • IM A POKEMOOOOOOOOON!!!!!1

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • WE'RE TEAM MEANIES! WE'LL SPILL YOUR MILK ON PURPOSE!

Votes: 6 10.3%

• Total voters

Youngster_Joey

Hurrrrr...
Reaction score
In my attempt to find Pokemon episodes via youtube, I actually stumbled upon the Mystery Dungeon specials instead. Needless to say, I kind of liked them, especially the Explorer's of Time/Sky specials. The first one was so amusingly bad that I kind of had a heart for it, the second one was okay as well, and the latest was simply fantastic.

My big concern is, however, that they were just specials, and the way they were ended left an abundance of cliffhangers, as if they were meant to continue but they all just didn't in the end.

So, I kind of wish that the Mystery Dungeon series could have an anime that is separate from the main series. I'd honestly watch that as oppose to watching some stupid human kid win every battle with a damn pikachu.

Oh, and Dan Green as Grovyle in the English dub was the GREATEST THING IN EXISTENCE!

I wouldn't mind if they started a whole new Mystery Dungeon story, and that became a series.

Personally, I would've wished they didn't put "To be continued" at the end of the other ones.

Well, I would support the idea, and it would be interesting if it is a spin-off that airs every week as the main Pokemon adventures.

Well, they need to finish the main story off first! But otherwise, I'm for it. I love the chimchar/piplup characters, but I can see it getting replaced with new starters.

I'd like to get an MD series, but sadly I doubt it'd ever happen... I doubt they'll ever have two different series running together... and after the ridiculously short "episodes" the latest Ranger game got (other than the DP ep) I can see that they apparently don't even want to do whole eps for such games anymore (the WiiWare MD didn't get any anime stuff at all)

I can picture it now.

The first episode begins it all with introducing the characters, rescuing Caterpie, and forming the rescue team.

The series'd continue with the main story's missions of rescuing Diglett (ep 2), fighting Team Meanies (3), then Jumpluff and Zapdos (4-5), then running away (6), fighting Moltres and Articuno (7-8), eventually finding Ninetales (9), a 2-part of Groudon (10-11), then a 2-part for Rayquaza ending with the character dying and then returning (12-13).

Thinking about it, they could easily make a short 13 eps series like the above post suggest... too bad they didn't do it... I also once suggested a short 13/26 series for May's Johto journey (they could do it if they'd only show the important events)

I'm all for it to be honest. I loved the games and the specials were great. It would be nice if they just threw in a couple of MD episodes every so often to keep things fresh. It could also fit in durring the transition between generations. Or maybe a DVD only release?

Not interested. I don't like the Mystery Dungeon games, not even for the plot, and the specials were total misses as far as I was concerned.

Well, they need to finish the main story off first! But otherwise, I'm for it. I love the chimchar/piplup characters, but I can see it getting replaced with new starters.
Which will probably not end anytime soon. I don't see how they can't do it, as they could simply give the rights to a new team and have the series alongside the main one. Piplup with his bowtie was awesome, though I'd be for new starters.

I really wanted to see two unevolved starters try to take on Dialga, but that never happened as an anime episode.

I'd like that. PMD is one of my favorite spin-off games. The third special left me hanging, since Piplup and Chimchar were last seen heading to Temporal Tower to confront Primal Dialga, and I'd like to see how the battle turned out.

It'd be cool, not one of my most wanted spin-offs but it wouldn't hurt. It'd be better than the main anime right now.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom