• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So who's gotten pokerus before

No (considering all the Pokémon I seem to get are never shiny and I have to repeatedly reset for a good nature), but my sister has. She didn't know that the best protocol at that point is to chuck the infectee into the PC and cause a Pokérus pandemic, and she said (this was a good four or so years ago, so it might not be completely true) she didn't want her Pokémon to suffer from the Pokérus. She didn't know about the stat boostings at the time, either- all she knows is that it caused her Lv. 70 Empoleon to develop a smiley face in its profile.

I remember in Ruby, in the Center right near the League, I would always get the virus, until I noticed that the virus was a good thing, and it stopped appearing. What luck.

That's....tragic beyond comprehension.

In many trading circles it's considered customary to trade the pokemon with Pokerus with it as a common courtesy. So it's not too crazy.

I just thought it was funny that I got it the next morning after making a post about never having it once in 13 years of playing Pokemon.

I got it in Silver. At first I was scared (I had no idea what it was and had to look it up) but then I was excited when I found out that it was rarer than finding a shiny (at least back then).

I got my most recent incarnation from a friend a couple years ago and have been passing it around and keeping some boxed ever since.

I see
But what about the Pokerus from before that existed, such as in first and second generation?

It was introduced in Gen II, and has doubled EVs ever since. Not much has changed, besides the methods of spreading the infection and the likelihood of getting it.

I was training my Riolu, Braviary, and Milotic today. I went to the pokemon center and Nurse Joy said that my pokemon had been infected with Pokerus. The thing is, i hadn't had pokerus yesterday, and all of the pokemon in my party except Putty the Ditto had pink smilies. Mass pokerus that lasted scarcely an hour. Great.

The only time I got a Pokerus was from a traded Pokemon. I've never been one of the lucky ones to see a shiny or get the Pokerus from a wild Pokemon.

Last edited:
I got it in my heartgold and platinum. Then like an hour into my Japanese white I got pokerus again. I used to never get pokerus in gen III.

My Croconaw caught it in HeartGold on my visit to Azalea Town, I think. The nurse at the PokeCenter told me something was wrong with my Pokemon and I freaked out for a second, but then I found out about the Pokerus. I think if I had gotten it a couple of years earlier, before the Internet was around with this information, I'd probably restart the game :p.

Anyways, I've got a Rattata as my Pokerus Host safely tucked away into my PC Box, where it will stay until I need to infect another Pokemon of mine.. then I take it out for a spin near New Bark Town along with my newly hatched in-training Poke.

I've only had Pokerus ONCE, which was my Gyrados on Pokemon Emerald. (And it was completely spontaneous) I've also never tried to get Pokerus on any of my Pokemon before. (And I unfortunately didn't preserve the only Pokemon that I had infected with Pokerus)

I have had Pokerus on my Gyarados since Gen 3. I always spread it to the next generation, so I have had at least one Pokemon with Pokerus for a long time

Got it in Diamond and HG.. Was really excited when I found it in Diamond that time... But no luck getting one in Black/White.. :(

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom