• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So your Pokemon's reactions can change depending on your location

My Feraligatr loves splashing around in puddles. I was walking around with her yesterday, and when I talked to her, she had an item but liked it too much to give it up. I kept talking to her and she would let out a roar and get really annoyed.

My Gastly Zane just hugged me! <3

...Hey wait... Gastly don't have arms! How is that possible?!

My Gastly Zane just hugged me! <3

...Hey wait... Gastly don't have arms! How is that possible?!

OH MY ARCEUS! TAKOTO IS BEING SMOTHERED! SOMEONE GET HIM OUT!

That is kinda funny.

OH MY ARCEUS! TAKOTO IS BEING SMOTHERED! SOMEONE GET HIM OUT!

That is kinda funny.

(Get her out you mean :3).

And yeah, I can imagine my character trying not to cough as smothers her head with his... well, head... ball-head? What should I call it? xD

Or maybe he just manipulates the gases around him to circle round the trainer so it appears as though the Gastly is hugging their trainer... xD

"Golduck is worried about the trap."

At the end of Victory Road.(Long after I beat my rival)

My Pidgeotto roared at me on er...route 31 after I tried to take its item. *roars back*

I took my Pokemon to paddle by the beachy area of Cherrygrove.

Non-water types without a specific weakness feel "refreshed" to be wet
Water types will splash and have a ball
Both will be very happy afterwards

Fire types HATE it though. My Vulpix wasn't impressed at being wet then turned away defiantly, looked angry, and roared at me. Was *still* angry after being healed at Pokemon Center and didn't cheer up till it won a battle.

In Bell Tower Pokemon get concerned about the swaying pillar or dance around it, they might also slip into you (I suppose to indicate a slight fear of the ghosts?)

It's not a reaction thing, but I just noticed this: when you're fishing, the exclamation point shows up above your Poke's head, instead of yours. It's a little touch that I really like.

Or maybe he just manipulates the gases around him to circle round the trainer so it appears as though the Gastly is hugging their trainer... xD

That actually makes sense. The Gastly line are able to pass through walls and things after all, so if they can dissipate their gases that much and reform afterward, and become temporarily solid enough to use certain physical attacks, it only stands to reason that they can become solid enough to do something like hugging.

My Meganium roared at me two times today. When I was on an island near Cianwood, she was playing in the sand.

Just started the game, and my Chikorita's already awesome :D
"CHIKORITA is rolling around in the grass."
"CHIKORITA is munching at the grass."
"CHIKORITA is waving its leaf around." <3

Today I got "Marshtomp is putting in extra effort!" and my reaction was, "At what, little man? We're in the Safari Zone, you don't have to do shit."

I did imagine him being the one carrying all those blocks for me.

Two more:

"Marshtomp is in danger of falling over!" (He is apparently a drunk.)

[Frowny face] "Marshtomp's face shows a drop of sweat!" (We're at Mt. Silver, apparently he's nervous about being vastly underleveled.)

When I stand on a bridge my Poliwrath is like "Is there a stream nearby?"

MOIN

The only reactions that I have really noticed are on Route 33 where it is raining.

It also looks like Serebii decided to make a list of specific locations where you get a different special reaction which can be found here.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom