• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

So Zeraora was just officially revealed; what does this say for Gen 8's Release?

Well, I think(and hope) that we are getting some kind of news for Pokemon Switch from tomorrow until April 17th. It's only a personal feeling tho...

Well, I think(and hope) that we are getting some kind of news for Pokemon Switch from tomorrow until April 17th. It's only a personal feeling tho...
I honestly don't think there'll be any Switch info I feel the new Pokemon 21 movie trailer and the Zeraora reveal will be it probably next month or later date.

Last edited:
I think this means we will start getting gen 8 info VERY soon. SM was revealed 2 weeks after megearna. Mabye we will see gen 8 next week or even THIS week.

I feel that an announcement might happen this month (if not, next month is a definite), but the thing is though is that at the time, Magearna was a Gen 7 Pokemon being showcased alongside Volcanion. There doesn't appear to be anything brand-new other than Zeraora being hinted at, in other words nothing hinting towards Gen 8 like a new Pokemon, form, or mechanic. Very interesting times we're in indeed.

TPCi has released a sneak peek of the version of Pokémon Theme
that will be used as the opening for Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You:

I think this means we will start getting gen 8 info VERY soon. SM was revealed 2 weeks after megearna. Mabye we will see gen 8 next week or even THIS week.

Naahhh, I think the coming weeks is a bit too soon. I'm thinking maybe May-June. It's gonna be right before Zeraora most likely is released, perfect timing IMO to start touching on the new game. I think we could possibly get some minor news before then though

So I should this gonna be our new speculations thread? If so, can we all agree to be respectful of others and their opinions and follow the TOS that we all agreed to when we signed up?

Awesome.

I saw something on 4chan about Pokémon Desert and Pokémon Oasis. It got removed from twitter pretty quickly.

Agreed on sticking to the topic the OP intended. The actual speculation thread situation is still being discussed by staff as of this post.

I'm fine with that if mods are!~

Regarding Desert and Oasis, well since it's 4chan, that's already a no for me but even so, sounds a bit too similar to RS's concept~

probabbly the creator like to read our stuff , thats why its a great silence before.
Interesting will be to see what comes next.

Desert and Oasis not necessary... it depends on the region... would rather a cold themed region with more new ice types but, we will wait and see.

I feel that an announcement might happen this month (if not, next month is a definite), but the thing is though is that at the time, Magearna was a Gen 7 Pokemon being showcased alongside Volcanion. There doesn't appear to be anything brand-new other than Zeraora being hinted at, in other words nothing hinting towards Gen 8 like a new Pokemon, form, or mechanic. Very interesting times we're in indeed.

Considering we had to wait until May to get anything more than a title for Sun and Moon, I won't be surprised if we're waiting until then. After all, they still have to support Ultra Sun and Moon with Zeraora, which I'm guessing is the reason they're holding back title names. (If it comes out this year, that is.) People might be USUM if they want Zeraora. They might just wait if they know the switch games were coming out within the year.

probabbly the creator like to read our stuff , thats why its a great silence before.
Interesting will be to see what comes next.

Desert and Oasis not necessary... it depends on the region... would rather a cold themed region with more new ice types but, we will wait and see.

Would actually be for seeing a colder themed region~ Ice could use more representation and type combos~

As far as I'm concerned, if no new Pokemon is in this year's movie, then no new game is coming this year. It's not about patterns. It's about marketing. I stand firm on this belief. Apparently, they were willing to advertise USUM, but not the Switch games. So yeah, I'm quite convinced until they show me a new Pokemon or that they...no longer make sense.

The miracle is probably Mega Evolution or Z-moves, as both are impacted by the bond between trainer and pokemon.

Unless they introduce a new useless mechanic that will cause Z-moves and ME to to be completely dumped.

Gen VIII is 2019. I've been very active in the /VP/ year wars. I firmly believe 2018 will be a gap year.

As far as I'm concerned, if no new Pokemon is in this year's movie, then no new game is coming this year. It's not about patterns. It's about marketing. I stand firm on this belief. Apparently, they were willing to advertise USUM, but not the Switch games. So yeah, I'm quite convinced until they show me a new Pokemon or that they...no longer make sense.

I think 2019 is more likely than 2018 at this point, myself, whether they show new mons this year or not~ Seems far too soon IMO to get it this year~

Gen VIII is 2019. I've been very active in the /VP/ year wars. I firmly believe 2018 will be a gap year.

Yeah, I think a side-game could be our fill for the year~

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom