• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Social Group Clean Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess it doesn't matter now because you guys already fucking deleted it, but it really would have been nice to give me like a day, or even like 6 hours notice or something so I could make a personal archive of all the good stuff in that group. Thanks a lot.

I'd like to file a complaint:

Just to add an extra note, we've decided that in EXCEPTIONAL circumstances, we may chose to let a closed group remain. By exceptional circumstances, I mean we're presented with a very good reason why 1)Bulbagarden needs to have that group

The Planetary Pit Stop is the most important group on Bulbagarden and Bulbagarden needs this group!

I am still in shock that it's been deleted...... We never did anything that broke the rules! We just went there to talk, have some fun, have a few laughs, things like that.

I'm sure most of, if not all the members of it, agree with me when I say that The Planetary Pit Stop is one of the main reasons why we come to Bulbagarden each day! Now that it's gone..... A HUGE part of our Bulbagarden is gone forever!

So yeah, I'll say it again, Bulbagarden NEEDS The Planetary Pit Stop!

I hate life right now. This sucks. A part of me has died.

I'm really shocked that the Pit Stop was deleted, it was a very active, friendly club with a close knit member selection, I'd hope that is a mistake.

Fab's better not be next or I'll hit the roof.

I understand why the mods need to clean up the social groups. It's got to be impossible to keep up with every single one. However, my opinion is that the social groups are also part of the forums and should be treated as such. They seem like the best way for a group of users to talk privately (or at least semi-privately) and easily without just anyone being able to interrupt. If users prefer using this as a way of communicating over the large sections such as Entertainment Inc. or Outside the Box then they should be able to. I can fully understand getting rid of pointless, redundant, or inactive groups, but some groups are special to the users in them and would be a major loss to them, worsening their Bulbagarden experience as a whole.

They seem like the best way for a group of users to talk privately (or at least semi-privately) and easily without just anyone being able to interrupt.

This. The entire reason that the Zexalia Hideout was made was to stop cluttering TWR, and, well, now we really don't have any good ways to communicate.

Indeed.

Just to add an extra note, we've decided that in EXCEPTIONAL circumstances, we may chose to let a closed group remain. By exceptional circumstances, I mean we're presented with a very good reason why 1)Bulbagarden needs to have that group and 2)That group need to be private. This will only be granted in very rare circumstances.

What exactly warrants these reasons?

If my club is deleted, I can only assume its on the grounds of racial discrimination. #blacknproud

But seriously, I think the admins are hiding the groups from public view so that they can later be convinced to keep them or not, they're soft deleted, not hard deleted.

I understand why the closing of such redundant groups would be necessary or those that were extremely inactive, but I do not think I understand the necessity of closing down every private group(or large groups). Especially if there was no 'drama' or 'drama had been resolved'.

Some groups meant a lot to the people who owned them, and it was a special place full of memories for the people in it. Such as The Planetary Pitstop, and a group that was private, the Zexalia Hideout. Those two places were very dear to me and a lot of others, and they were shut down before anyone even got a chance to perhaps save those special times.

You had told us 7 days were to be given before it was deleted. For the Zexalia Hideout and other groups such as The Planetary Pitstop and The Resistance, we barely got even an hour. It just doesn't sit well with me that we weren't given hardly any notice and also the fact that this now leaves many people without places to converse freely without it being considered 'off topic'.

See how angry everyone is about this? Did you guys even check how active groups were before they were deleted? Did you see how happy people were when you looked in the groups? Everyone is bitter. EVERYONE. I didn't even post in the Pit Stop very often and was kicked out of the Zexalia Hideout. I'm as angry, if not angrier than a regular. Those places contained friendships and memories. They were both extremely active, and we let things out in those groups. I'm not just fighting for the happiness of myself, but others as well.

"Wynaut delete social groups as a whole?"

".....Wobbuffet!"

Seems the entire OP could be replaced with that, since, let's be honest, it seems to be the basic goal.

Any group where the posts are not visible to people outside the group. Because that mean that even regular moderators cannot see the posts in your group. For obvious reason, we're not okay with that.

Because you're nosy as hell?

If there's a problem, it can easily be screenshot and sent to you all. Not hard.

Why are all of the active groups getting deleted instead of the hundreds of small, inactive fan clubs that celebrate specific Bulbagarden users?

Honestly guys, you can be annoyed or angry at the admins, but don't outright insult them. You should know that never helps. .____.

The Zexalia hideout is a large part of the reason we realized there was a problem with private groups. Specifically, the flaming of a user that took place in the main thread of that group, with no one the wiser because only a small group of friends could see.

That was in no way, form, or shape acceptable, and the members of the group are lucky they got away without infractions and bans (so far).

Even if we had decided to delete no other group, their group was doomed the moment we found out what it had been used for.

Because you're nosy as hell?

Because we're responsible for what happen on our site.

Why are all of the active groups getting deleted instead of the hundreds of small, inactive fan clubs that celebrate specific Bulbagarden users?

We'll get to them in time.

-------

Regarding the Pit Stop, there seems to have been a miscommunication. It was supposed to be deleted (because it's a too-generic group). However, group users were supposed to be given a notice and save the parts they liked about that group. Unfortunately, it appears that there was miscommunication and someone on the staff mistakenly thought that too-generic groups were to be deleted immediately.

This was a major mistake, and I'm deeply sorry it happened. While the group fell on the side we intended to delete, it didn't fall on the side that deserved taken out without warning, or without time for proper goodbye and saving of content.

If any of you would like to find a past version of your group that was deleted to save some memories, if you use google chrome (I'm unsure if it only works on this, try other browsers!)

Type in the address bar cache:URL. You should be able to see the group from a few weeks ago or less. From there you can open up a new tab for the threads and continue adding cache: to the beginning of the address bar. I'm sorry this is an inconvenience and tedious, but it's the best advice I can offer for everyone who has lost things they would like to keep.

edit: Unfortunately this won't work on private groups, but I hope you haven't lost anything too much, and I'm really really sorry if you have. :-(

Last edited:
Regarding the Pit Stop, there seems to have been a miscommunication. It was supposed to be deleted (because it's a too-generic group). However, group users were supposed to be given a notice and save the parts they liked about that group. Unfortunately, it appears that there was miscommunication and someone on the staff mistakenly thought that too-generic groups were to be deleted immediately.

This was a major mistake, and I'm deeply sorry it happened. While the group fell on the side we intended to delete, it didn't fall on the side that deserved taken out without warning, or without time for proper goodbye and saving of content.

....I see. It was nice knowing all of you guys, but it looks like this is the point where I leave Bulbagarden because the Pit Stop was the only thing that was still holding me here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom