• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Sockpuppet Mafia 2016 - Endgame (TOWN WIN) - 10/16/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ruthless calculus of mafia tells me there aren't 3 crime lords running around in the game. I doubt all 3 voting for the yellow guy are scum.

Oh hello there, sorry I'm late, I kinda forgot I was supposed to participate in this thing, what with invading the Overworld and all. But hey, I'm here now, so it's time to have some fun.

And I suppose I have to post what the kids these days are calling a 'me-me' now that I'm here, so here you go:
butler-penelope-farage.jpg

Also, VOTE: BlazingVulpix.

Shooting fire at the someone seems like a rather suspicious thing to do when greeting them, does it not?

Oh by the way-When I asked an admin if it was possible to connect these accounts to our main ones, they said it wasn't. So a little interesting thing that works to avoid having to log in and out-different browsers. Like using firefox for one and chrome for another. They don't seem to interfere with each other at all.
If Chrome is your primary browser, it has an identities feature... up the top right, near the window control buttons.

Shooting fire at the someone seems like a rather suspicious thing to do when greeting them, does it not?

*Vulpix bounces from side to side* It's my way of saying hello, what's wrong with that?!

Phase updates will be at 11am GMT.
Day 1 ends in 25 hours, 30 minutes.

The ruthless calculus of mafia tells me there aren't 3 crime lords running around in the game. I doubt all 3 voting for the yellow guy are scum.
Roy (dad?) voted me first. Don't think he's suspicious for that.
Then blazing voted me which is a little more suspicious.
Then Alucard jumped on the wagon which is really suspicious and brings a bit of alarm.

And I am vanilla. I figured I would claim right out of the gate since I don't have a role that will make a big impact on the game.

*Vulpix bounces back into the room and looks up at @Yellow Guy endearingly with her cute face* You don't think I'm scum, do you? *Vulpix looks at the ground then back up again* Well... claiming Vanilla right out of the gate is more than a little suspicious in itself. *Vulpix frowns* You don't look like a Vanillish.

*Vulpix bounces back into the room and looks up at @Yellow Guy endearingly with her cute face* You don't think I'm scum, do you? *Vulpix looks at the ground then back up again* Well... claiming Vanilla right out of the gate is more than a little suspicious in itself. *Vulpix frowns* You don't look like a Vanillish.
I don't necessarily think you're scum. However, it doesn't make you look well jumping on a joke wagon. And the only reason I'm keeping my vote is because someone has voted you since I voted you. So now only one other person needs to vote you for a no lynch and to save me.

In my mind, it makes more sense to claim vanilla right out of the gate (which I actually am) so that protects me a bit more than not claiming would. Although, I do admit, I might have made a mistake that affects the town overall since Mafia probably won't go after me so maybe claiming wasn't the best thing to do. Also, what does a
"Vanillish" look like?
EDIT: Let me clarify myself because I noticed I said something that can easily be taken out of context. I don't think Mafia will go after me because they know what role I am and I don't have a PR or any real role at that.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAIRAAAAJDQ0MjY3ODAzLThjYmYtNDg3Ny1hZTAxLTRmMDM3M2JlNzgyYw.png
Confirming yup yup
Boy I sure love being stuck in these sorts of life and death games, I love em. And with a bunch of... ahem, if you'll pardon me, pretty suspicious group of people here-- nah, definitely not looking at the mole creature with the crazy pick-axe-- but getting to this voting business.

If we gotta vote and whatnot, and I'd sure as hell it rather not be my ass on the line, but I also don't think there's anything really uhhh... weird with the talking Yellow puppet guy? Yellow Guy seems pretty genuine in my book, but hell I barely know you, you barely know me. Either way

VOTE: BlazingVulpix.

UNVOTE: yellow guy
VOTE: Blazingvulpix

I've been provided enough fun by the puppet. However the fire breathing fox seems quite bloodthirsty. Can't have anyone else like that here.

And considering my own abilities being so low grade a few useless ones in the bunch doesn't seem strange. A simple conclusion anyone can come to.

So now only one other person needs to vote you for a no lynch and to save me.
*Vulpix stops and looks to the side thoughtfully* That is assuming a no-lynch is possible. This game might have a random lynch system in place to deal with draws.

Either way, I'll help you out.

Unvote: Yellow Guy

*Vulpix smiles reassuringly* mine was only a joke vote. No need to be worried about it.

In my mind, it makes more sense to claim vanilla right out of the gate (which I actually am) so that protects me a bit more than not claiming would. Although, I do admit, I might have made a mistake that affects the town overall since Mafia probably won't go after me so maybe claiming wasn't the best thing to do
I am of two minds here. First is that you early claimed to stop the cop (if we have one) from checking you Night 1 *Vulpix ponders this* This does seem like a likely scenario.

BUT

If you are telling us the truth *Vulpix pauses to study Yellow Guy before continuing* And the mafia believe you, they'll have no reason to NK you... and we'd rather lose a Vanilla than a cop.

Also, what does a
"Vanillish" look like?
375px-583Vanillish.png

VOTE: BlazingVulpix.
*Vulpix gasps and looks hurt* This... This seems like more than a joke vote. *Vulpix growls and lowers her head in a threatening manner* Explain!

EDIT:
UNVOTE: yellow guy
VOTE: Blazingvulpix

I've been provided enough fun by the puppet. However the fire breathing fox seems quite bloodthirsty. Can't have anyone else like that here.

*Vulpix snarls* I am being ganged up on here and I don't like it! You, Alucard! Are you mafia? Is that why you are voting a poor defenceless Vulpix?!

Last edited:
BlazingVulpix said:
*Vulpix gasps and looks hurt* This... This seems like more than a joke vote. *Vulpix growls and lowers her head in a threatening manner* Explain!
Oh geez don't look at me like that with those puppy eyes-- whoa crap you just growled at me, oh god! Well, look-- the Yellow puppet guy seems like he's telling the truth and all I've got here is my gut feeling. For now.

Alucard. said:
Can't have anyone else like that here.
Dude that sounded kind of freaky what the hell

If it was explicitly stated that there are bastard mechanics in this game, there may be a chance that there are two separate factions that we cannot trust. I've heard rumors that Zexilina hosted a game in which there was supposed to be a war between two opposing cults... though that apparently didn't pan out the way it was planned. Maybe that idea has found it's way into another conflict here.

But if not, then I agree; a 3:7 ratio would seem extreme in most scenarios.
Roy (dad?) voted me first.
Now wait a minute, where is this "dad" business coming from?! Even aside from the obvious reason it can't be, looking at you, I definitely don't remember any women who would resemble... a puppet...

Though regardless of the fact that a talking puppet sounds like the result of some strange alchemy and his completely false idea that I'm his father, the early vanilla claim and the way it was done seems reasonable enough for the moment with the explanation Yellow Guy gave us.

UNVOTE: Yellow Guy

Unvote: BlazingVulpix
I am of two minds here. First is that you early claimed to stop the cop (if we have one) from checking you Night 1 *Vulpix ponders this* This does seem like a likely scenario.

BUT

If you are telling us the truth *Vulpix pauses to study Yellow Guy before continuing* And the mafia believe you, they'll have no reason to NK you... and we'd rather lose a Vanilla than a cop.
I welcome the cop to check me although it might be a waste of a check (atleast to me, but then again, I know what I am so maybe it won't be a waste.)

And yes I agree with the vanilla over cop when it comes to dying which is why I mentioned claiming maybe wasn't the best thing to do.
Now wait a minute, where is this "dad" business coming from?!
Roy is my dad's name!

A 3:7 ratio would mean we are royally screwed. I highly doubt that all of those who voted the talking Yellow puppet guy are bad, that'd be nuts.

Okay, assuming there's mmm 2 mafia in the bunch of us-- and also assuming that the Yellow puppet guy is telling the truth about being vanilla, it's a pretty dangerous mentality in my opinion to be like "hey we can afford to lose him since he's vanilla but not the cop because of the ability" I mean there's probably only 8 of us. A hit's a hit. Like yeah a cop's vital, but still when the other thought is said out loud-- doesn't sound too good.

Roy Mustang said:
Though regardless of the fact that a talking puppet sounds like the result of some strange alchemy and his completely false idea that I'm his father,
Sounds like something the father of a puppet would say.

Okay, assuming there's mmm 2 mafia in the bunch of us-- and also assuming that the Yellow puppet guy is telling the truth about being vanilla, it's a pretty dangerous mentality in my opinion to be like "hey we can afford to lose him since he's vanilla but not the cop because of the ability" I mean there's probably only 8 of us. A hit's a hit. Like yeah a cop's vital, but still when the other thought is said out loud-- doesn't sound too good.
*Vulpix furrows her brow* Well, the fact of the matter is, the Mafia have a night kill... and it's going to hit one of us tonight. Unless the doctor can successfully stop it, we WILL lose a townie... I'd just rather lose a vanilla, a voteless, or someone with a non-critical role over the cop, the doc, etc. *Vulpix walks off and returns with a bucket of candy and settles down on the ground to munch on it*

ManY vaniLLY iS nO PEanUt, But mR. SatuRn no ScaREd of ManY vaniLLY. is KaY-O.

unvOtE Mr. Resetti

vOtE Roy Mustang

whY YOu fEaR MonGERinG? Mafia iS nO StORy. Mafia iS REal. iS StORy REal? mR. SatuRN nO KnOWS.

nO finD Mafia MEan nO finD Mafia MEan nO tOWn MUstanG. iS DiStRaCtiOn oR iS DaKOta? iS DaKOta! zOOm! EaSY aS fiShinG fOR BiRDiES. BOinG!

It's quite clear foxes don't know logic very well. If he is truly a vanilla then true the mafia wouldn't waste the effort unless his voice itself is a threat. However a mafia goon is vanilla as well, and only a complete moron would admit to being a mafia goon. This logic dictates that there is no reason that cop should not check a vanilla. Also such a simple claim is so simple for mafia to fake. The logic behind your vote is quite lacking and is clearly grasping at straws.

I've been around all sorts of alien in my time with C-sec. Hanar zealots, dramatic elcor, SPECTRES with a penchant for destruction. I'm gonna be honest, I don't understand this Mr. Saturn.

Yellow Guy is either scum or a civilian. I wouldn't bet on him not having a vote. Not getting to vote doesn't seem like a fair game. But maybe this just isn't going to be fair.

However, BlazingVulpix jumped on the bandwagon and then backed off when called on it. I'm thinking we shouldn't let that go uninvestigated.

*fires concussive shot*

UNVOTE Roy Mustang

VOTE BlazingVulpix

BlazingVulpix said:
*Vulpix furrows her brow* Well, the fact of the matter is, the Mafia have a night kill... and it's going to hit one of us tonight. Unless the doctor can successfully stop it, we WILL lose a townie... I'd just rather lose a vanilla, a voteless, or someone with a non-critical role over the cop, the doc, etc. *Vulpix walks off and returns with a bucket of candy and settles down on the ground to munch on it
yeah and it better sure the hell not be me Damn that'd be one good doctor if they prevented it, and I don't exactly know too many trustworthy docs. We'll lose a townie, but by this point they sure aren't going to go for the Yellow puppet talking guy and I just can't see him lying about being vanilla. Also you, uh, you care to share some of that candy because I am damn hungry. You don't wanna hear my stomach rumble. Sounds like a monster in there.

@Mr. Saturn ??? I feel like I'm tripping here.

Even with so few of us, there's still probably a godfather right, like a ringleader?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom