• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Sockpuppet Mafia 2016 - Endgame (TOWN WIN) - 10/16/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opening Post

Pandom Runster

Miracle Worker
Reaction score
Greetings! I am the Count. They call ME me the Count because I like to count things.
Every year, around this time, the moderators of the Fun & Games section create a Sockpuppet Party thread for users to masquerade as various characters, memes, or whatever they can think of.
This year, the moderators figured it was irrational for Fun & Games to have all the fun, so they used their imagination, and the result was this game.
I am positive that you will all find this game to be enjoyable, but, as always, there are rules and guidelines that must be followed for us all to have a good time. Please be sure to read the information below carefully, so that we can keep things on an even keel, and avoid a slippery slope into randomness.
Before we begin, however, I must inform you all that this game has been brought to you today by the number 31, because that it is the maximum number of days that this game can be played. When November 1st comes around, this game will end, regardless of whether or not it has been concluded.

And now, without further ado, let's delve into the mechanics of this game. The basics are relatively the same, but you may find the odd change and some new additions here and there. For your convenience, I have taken the liberty of dividing the mechanics into three components.

Basics:
1. This game has no set number of players. It will begin on October 1st, regardless of how many players we have.
2. Day phases will last 48 hours while Night phases will last 24 hours. Toward the end of the game, phases may be shortened if a hammer is achieved or if all night actions are in early.
3. Phase updates will occur at 9pm Central US Time (10pm Eastern US, and 5am Eastern European Time).
4. Voting and actions lock immediately at :00, regardless of a timely update. Votes and actions at :00 will count, but votes and actions at :01 will not count.
5. The hosts of this game are considered to be: Zexy, TheCapsFan, and Maniacal Engineer. Anything in the rules referring to the hosts is referring to them.

Rules:
1. All standard War Room Rules apply, except the sockpuppeting rule.
2. This is a sockpuppets only thread. No main accounts are permitted to post in this thread with the exception of the War Room staff, should they need to act in their capacity as staff members. However for hosting purposes and in-game shenanigans, the mods will be using their own sockpuppets accounts. Like so.
3. If you are inactive for 48 hours, you may be subbed out. If no subs are available, you may be modkilled.
4. Please include all of the War Room Mods in all outside communication that may occur relating to this game, including, but not limited to: PMs, QTs, Skype conversations, and Discord.
5. Copy/pasting anything from your Role PM or conversation with the Hosts is prohibited and is a modkillable offense.
6. To prove that you have read these rules, post your favorite puppet meme or character when confirming your role.
7. Role claiming is permissible. Again, though, you may not quote word for word from your Role PM.
8. Sharing official conversations, that is any conversation started by the hosts, is prohibited. Violation of this rule will result in modkilling.
9. Hosts will only answer questions about technicalities, not setup.
10. You must have at least four content filled posts per day phase.
11. Exploiting loopholes in the rules is prohibited. When in doubt, ask the War Room Mods, and they will give you a ruling.
12. Sockpuppet identities will all be revealed in the endgame and not beforehand. You are not permitted to reveal who your main account is before game end.
13. It is highly recommended, though not technically required, that you post in a style or manner similar to the character you are pretending to be.
14. This game is meant to be fun and lighthearted, so have fun! :)

Signups:

Signups are handled a little differently this game, due to its sockpuppet nature. Instead of posting in the thread to signup for this game, users are requested to PM the War Room Moderators (@Enzap; @Maniacal Engineer; @TheCapsFan; and @Zexy; ). When PMing the mods, please make sure to mention the "identity" of your sockpuppet. This is important, as your sockpuppet will be your character in the game. The War Room Mods will assign a role for your submitted character, and align them according to said role. Note that actual character alignment is not necessarily indicative of I'm-gr alignment. For example, if someone submits Dr. Evil, that character is not necessarily aligned with the mafia, while a character like Sherlock Holmes would not necessarily be aligned with the town.
A note about sockpuppet accounts:
Ordinarily, having a sockpuppet account is prohibited by the bmgf rules. However seasonal usage of sockpuppet accounts in threads such as this one and this thread are permitted. Only one sockpuppet account is permitted per user, and, when creating your sockpuppet account, please inform the admins of the account, so they can link it to your main account. Sockpuppets may only post in this thread, and can only post between October 1st and October 31st, so even if you have signed up for this game before October, your sockpuppet account may not post here until the game begins.

Player List:
1 @Adam Stanheight; Town Vanilla - Survived in Endgame, WON THE GAME

2 @Alucard.; Mafia 2x Watcher - Lynched Day 5
3 @BlazingVulpix; Town Neighbor - Lynched Day 1, WON THE GAME
4 @Garrus Vakarian; Town 1x Cop - Killed Night 2 - Revived with Reset - Killed Night 4, WON THE GAME

5 @Lord of the Trolls; @Wendy Oldbag; Mafia Jack-Of-All-Trades (1x Ninja 1x Framer 1x Roleblocker) - Lynched Day 3
6 @Mareep!; Town 1x Lightningrod - Killed Night 1, WON THE GAME
7 @Mr. Resetti; Town 1x Phase Resetter - Killed Night 3, WON THE GAME
8 @Mr. Saturn; Town Post Restriction - Lynched Day 2, WON THE GAME
9 @Roy Mustang; Town Neighbor - Survived in Endgame, WON THE GAME
10 @Yellow Guy; Town Vanilla - Lynched Day 4, WON THE GAME

Subs:
1 @Wendy Oldbag;
2 @BlazingVulpix;

Timeline:

Okay, that about sums things up here. Carry on!

Last edited by a moderator:
A reminder to everyone who has signed up for the game but hasn't created a sockpuppet acount yet:

Please create a sockpuppet account and contact the War Room moderators soon, as the game is going to begin shortly.

Last edited:
Day 1 start
All role PMs have been sent!

Soon after the Sockpuppet Party in Fun and Games began, a sockpuppet was found killed. It would be Zexilina, sockpuppet of Zexy, one of the Fun and Games moderators.

Dear Zexilina, you are the Fake Martyr. You will die at the start of the game so that the hosts get some flavor text to start the game with. It won't last for too long, though, as much as some people who are annoyed of you may wish it :)

You are allied with the Hosts and win when the game ends smoothly and the players in it have fun.

Zexy logged in from his main account and used moderator powers to bring Zexilina back. After discussing with fellow Fun and Games staff, they decided to host a mafia game between sockpuppets in a separate Sockpuppet Mafia thread outside of the Party, in which they can figure out the culprit of Zexilina's first murder. The game would be hosted by the moderators' sockpuppets; Count Von Count, Ukulele Pichu, and the reborn Zexilina.

"NOW START VOTING EACH OTHER ALREADY!"
"Pi-pichu..."
"You can count on this being a fun game."

It is now Day 1. It will last at least 48 hours, please bear with us as we decide on an exact update time.

Well then let's get this party started. How about we start by making some lamb.

VOTE:mareep

I would suggest reading the rules again, please.
Sorry.

a6015494112a6c5e10dbcc7ff3a0e717faec4192d1c40c7813cb24f772597afe.jpg

It is d1 though right?

Seems like I made a mistake.

The player is Mareep!, not Mareep.

56de19be3f54a8059043b056c5ff97464f1d3224d55ec9bbd2f8125c6fd7ecdf.jpg

confirming

Being stationed away from my subordinates is so inconvenient, but I'm hoping that things will at least be a little more exciting here than back in East City. But looking at the personnel here, I'm not so sure I want to trust a literal puppet when puppets are created specifically for being manipulated.

VOTE: Yellow Guy

56de19be3f54a8059043b056c5ff97464f1d3224d55ec9bbd2f8125c6fd7ecdf.jpg

confirming

Being stationed away from my subordinates is so inconvenient, but I'm hoping that things will at least be a little more exciting here than back in East City. But looking at the personnel here, I'm not so sure I want to trust a literal puppet when puppets are created specifically for being manipulated.

I'm vanilla!

kermit-7.png

i mR. SatuRn. i am lOSt, BUt i nOw fOUnD. BOinG!

vOtE: mR. RESEtti

Only mR. iS mR. SatuRn

*Vulpix runs in and opens her mouth, shooting a fire blast directly at the hosts*

Uh... I mean, confirmed xD

Vote: Yellow Guy

Because foxes never play it safe.

EDIT:

Oh and

9e2.jpg

*Vulpix runs in and opens her mouth, shooting a fire blast directly at the hosts*

Uh... I mean, confirmed xD

Vote: Yellow Guy

Because foxes never play it safe.

EDIT:

Oh and

9e2.jpg
The votes, make it stoooooop!

Vote: BlazingVulpix
I refuse to be an easy joke lynch.

UNVOTE: Mareep

What fun to have a prey that fights back~

Oh by the way-When I asked an admin if it was possible to connect these accounts to our main ones, they said it wasn't. So a little interesting thing that works to avoid having to log in and out-different browsers. Like using firefox for one and chrome for another. They don't seem to interfere with each other at all.

@Yellow Guy Maybe you're vanilla. Maybe not. All I know is that it seems that some of players today don't like you much.

Click pull scope

VOTE: Roy Mustang

I hear it's a terrible day for rain. Well, today justice rains from above.

53833911.jpg

Time for a vote count with everybody's favorite tallier, ME, me, the Count!

Let us count the votes together!

Yellow Guy: Three! Three votes! (Roy Mustang, BlazingVulpix, Alucard.)

Mr. Resetti: One! One vote! (Mr. Saturn)

BlazingVulpix: One! One vote! (Yellow Guy)

Roy Mustang: One! One vote! (Garrus Vakarian)

AH AH AH AH AH!!!!
*thunderclaps*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom