• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Sockpuppet Mafia 2016 - Endgame (TOWN WIN) - 10/16/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garrus was a good man, I'm very disappointed to see him go down like this. Another person to avenge...

To begin, I'd like to remove one potential suspect from the pile: myself. I was Garrus's copcheck and we had been in contact since D2.
We had hoped to look like we disagreed a lot in-thread in order to avoid dying, but clearly that didn't work unfortunately. I've contacted the hosts to find out if I can post our conversation for proof and some other things since it wasn't host-started. So basically, unless you think I'm a godfather neighbor, I think it's best we work under the (correct) assumption that I am town and thus narrow down our list of suspects to 5/6 people here, making our odds 40% (2/5) of hitting scum without taking anything else into account.

Now then, some thoughts on all who remain living here.

1) Adam Stanheight - has claimed vanilla and that he contacted Yellow Guy about it early on. @Yellow Guy is this true? And to @Adam Stanheight did you talk about anything else or receive any response from our puppet friend here? And why does you being vanilla make you believe Yellow Guy? So many vanillas (and, let's be honest here, neighbors are barely anything better than vanilla too) and yet we've seen the existence of a lightning rod, which seems to me to imply that scum has to have some kind of ability. Notable actions include unvoting Lord of Trolls last phase, untying the votes as a result and allowing Mr. Saturn to be lynched. However, I find that to actually seem town-like in that Adam had to know it would reflect poorly on him if he knew Saturn was town, and a no-lynch wouldn't really have hurt scum to just let happen. In fact, it may have helped since we'd have even less to go on this phase. Additionally - while I disagree about the vanilla situation - I can kind of buy Adam being vanilla just because I have no idea who Adam Stanheight is and he seems to have no extraordinary abilities for a human, and his believing other vanilla claims seems actually looks okay to me too since it'd be fairly easy bait for scum to try to paint a "me vs them" with the claims. --- LEANING TOWN

2) Alucard. - One of the most active players here. Willing to move his vote around freely in order to get information. It was this brashness that lead me to town-read him, but I'm having some second thoughts. Jumped on the Yellow Guy bandwagon in D1 only to remove the vote fairly quickly afterward onto BlazingVulpix, who died and was town. Had some extensive back-and-forth with Yellow Guy at one point during N1; not sure if that could be faked if they're scumbuddies, and Yellow Guy's reactions sounded pretty not-planned. In D2, Alucard followed Mr. Resetti's vote and voted Garrus for indecisiveness. And yet, it took only one post from Garrus for Alucard to then unvote and follow my vote on Mr. Saturn. Basically, all of Alucard's final votes have been on town, though that definitely can happen to town just as it can scum. Interestingly, all of his votes seem to have been following other peoples' minus this phase's vote... He claims to be one of the only people making cases, but mainly he has used the reasoning of others when making his votes. Garrus had told me privately that he found Alucard suspicious for reasons like that. There's also the fact that I could see the NK on Garrus making since with scum!Alucard since a) Garrus suspected him, even in-thread and b) I think Alucard knew that Garrus wasn't really on anyone's scumlist and therefore taking him out was like killing two birds with one stone. His case on Trolls seems like taking an easy potshot, and if one is scum, I don't think the other is. --- COULD BE SCUM

3) Lord of the Trolls - By far our most inactive suspect here. His BlazingVulpix vote I actually kind of townread in hindsight given that the bandwagon had already formed at that point and I'd imagine that the kind of person who seems to avoid the thread like him wouldn't want that kind of attention of hopping on the wagon. His unvote is a little more dubious, but it is true that it drew more attention to him, so if scum wanted to avoid attention, it really may have been better to simply let the vote go and blend in with the wagon. His answers to questioning were essentially "mainly here to watch things unfold and say witty comments," and I wonder if scum would really be so flippant about that and the fact that he actually had a majority vote at one point during D2. He has never spoke up again since N1. @Lord of the Trolls what are your thoughts now? --- KIND OF NULL

4) Mr. Resetti - Started off seeming like he'd maybe be active, but instead comes and goes with few posts. Voted and unvoted (all in the same post) Mr. Saturn during early D1, but then didn't do anything noteworthy after that. His only other action of note was voting Garrus during D2, which could be construed as a Lord of Trolls defense, if you think Trolls could be scum. So all of his votes have been on town. The fact that he hardly ever posts and his case on Garrus was fairly weak and seemed tacked on makes me suspect him. --- LEANING SCUM

5) Yellow Guy - Was the victim of an early bandwagon on D1, but votes ended up moving toward Vulpix instead. Claimed vanilla immediately after my joke vote, later saying that claiming early should make it believable (which, let's be real here... that's exactly what scum would want, but the way he brought it up himself makes it sort of null). I also have no idea about Yellow Guy's history, but a quick search seems to not show any remarkable abilities, so maybe he is vanilla. Interacted a substantial amount with Alucard in N1, and again, I believe it was genuine frustration from his side. Voted Lord of the Trolls in D2 as the 3rd vote on the wagon, which gives me a town vibe. Though he does seem to be a lot more quiet when conversation has moved away from him. --- LEANING TOWN

OTHER THOUGHTS:
- I don't think that both Adam and Yellow Guy can be scum together
- Also don't think that Yellow Guy and Alucard can be scumbuddies together either
- I think the scum is likely two of the Alucard/Lord of the Trolls/Mr. Resetti bunch

I'm still trying to think things through, and I'll also wait and see if I can post my private conversation in case that can help in some way. A massclaim may help though.

Wendy Oldbag Subs In For Lord Of The Trolls

Your attention, please. Lord of the Trolls is being subbed out due to inactivity.
Wendy Oldbag will be taking his place.
Please confirm upon receipt of your role, which will be going out shortly.

As an aside, subbing needed to be done sloghtly differently in this game, as we cannot rely people to login to their sock account regularly enough to be reliable, so the main account needed to be contacted.
To not reveal the main account, the sub request went out in private.

Looking forward to hearing from Ms. Oldbag about the situation. But in the meantime, I did some thinking, and I believe this has the highest chance of hitting scum...

VOTE: Mr. Resetti

Hello dearies, I'm reading through the thread now. I look forward to playing mafia with all of you young'uns.

@Roy Mustang i would appreciate if you didn't twist my words. Making cases was what I said during night one or at most early D2 when I was the only one making cases. As for my unvotes-why bother leaving my votes for long periods of time when they give nice responses. I thought I made that clear. If you notice the timing of unvotes from me are after very nice solid posts. I agreed with your vote on Saturn and wanted him to speak up. If the other ha not unvoted trolls then I was planning to change my own vote to trolls.

By the way I feel it prudent to admit this now since it's no use now. As you noticed I've been supportive of the vanilla claims from D1 because I believe they are necessary due to such weak power roles. I am a two time doctor. N1 I actually protected Adam night one. And Roy n2 due to beleievinh he might be town enough looking

By the way I feel it prudent to admit this now since it's no use now. As you noticed I've been supportive of the vanilla claims from D1 because I believe they are necessary due to such weak power roles. I am a two time doctor. N1 I actually protected Adam night one on a whim that maybe he was the cop. And Roy n2 due to believing he might be town enough looking that mafia would want to rid of him. Clearly I was wrong.

No idea what happened with that first post

Now, upon reading the thread, I think the most suspicious person is Mr. resetti.
@Mareep! Hey, you there! Got any thoughts?
Here, the whippersnapper prods someone for inactivity, which is very hypocritical since he had made no contribution to the thread at this point.
Ok, no more Mr. Nice Mole.

I agree with Roy Mustard or whatever yer name is; this lynch so far is fishy. It stinks of mafia!
...sorta.

Now I don't necessarily believe Roy is town, no siree. He seemed too willing to let Vulpix get lynched. Even if he wasn't sure the other was a town neighbor-totally understandable-to be that willing to stand by and let it happen? If mafia, probably just saw an easy as pie lynch and let it happen.

I shoulda spoke up about the Vulpix lynch, but I wasn't exactly available. Old Reset center needed me and all that.

ANYWAY! Why would the Lord of the Trolls back off last minute if he was mafia? To take spotlight off him? That just attracted attention! And 'sides, it was an easy lynch for scum to jump on or heck, at the very least, let happen. Taking his vote off wouldn'ta done scum any favors. Make him look good, maybe? We see that it's done the opposite!

SO WHAT AM I DONG YOU ASK? What's the point of all this jabbering?!

Vote: Garrus Vakkarian

You voted Vulpix for a reason that wasn't exactly... eh, enough of a "good case", so to speak. And now you're awful quick to jump on Lord of the Trolls. Yer also awful vague. You point out there's a good chance there's not two town neighbors but you don't wanna take the actual plunge in really saying it one way or the other.
So, his only content post was a wishy-washy "I agree with him but I'm covering my back in case he's scum", one read, and a vote on a townie. This all seems mighty suspicious, if you ask me.
Vote: Mr. Resetti

Now, upon reading the thread, I think the most suspicious person is Mr. resetti.Here, the whippersnapper prods someone for inactivity, which is very hypocritical since he had made no contribution to the thread at this point.
So, his only content post was a wishy-washy "I agree with him but I'm covering my back in case he's scum", one read, and a vote on a townie. This all seems mighty suspicious, if you ask me.
Vote: Mr. Resetti
An what are your thoughts on others? Your spot is quite suspicious in itself.

which could be construed as a Lord of Trolls defense

If ya remember, y' also didn't wanna go after Lord of the Trolls. I wasn't "defending" him or nothin'. I was just adding onto my point of finding that Garrus guy suspicious, which I now see was completely off the tracks.

Here, the whippersnapper prods someone for inactivity, which is very hypocritical since he had made no contribution to the thread at this point.

Hey, us moles aren't exactly social creatures! I know, I know. No excuse, but onto the point; it was day 1 and not much happens on day 1. Pretty much all that was goin on was suspicion onto Yellow Guy and then suspicion went onto Vulpix. And I said I wasn't exactly available during that whole event.

Vote: Wendy Oldbag

now that we see Garrus Vakkarian was a townie, my thoughts on Lord of the Trolls has taken a U-turn. And old lady ya seem a bit quick to go after me. You read the thread? Well how come I don't see anythin' else from you? No other thoughts?

If ya remember, y' also didn't wanna go after Lord of the Trolls. I wasn't "defending" him or nothin'. I was just adding onto my point of finding that Garrus guy suspicious, which I now see was completely off the tracks.

Hey, us moles aren't exactly social creatures! I know, I know. No excuse, but onto the point; it was day 1 and not much happens on day 1. Pretty much all that was goin on was suspicion onto Yellow Guy and then suspicion went onto Vulpix. And I said I wasn't exactly available during that whole event.

Vote: Wendy Oldbag

now that we see Garrus Vakkarian was a townie, my thoughts on Lord of the Trolls has taken a U-turn. And old lady ya seem a bit quick to go after me. You read the thread? Well how come I don't see anythin' else from you? No other thoughts?
Isn't that hypocritical. We haven't seen much from you either.

@Roy Mustang i would appreciate if you didn't twist my words. Making cases was what I said during night one or at most early D2 when I was the only one making cases. As for my unvotes-why bother leaving my votes for long periods of time when they give nice responses. I thought I made that clear. If you notice the timing of unvotes from me are after very nice solid posts. I agreed with your vote on Saturn and wanted him to speak up. If the other ha not unvoted trolls then I was planning to change my own vote to trolls.
Admittedly I did not remember when exactly you had said the cases point, so fair enough there. I don't agree with your second point though about the unvotes; I don't understand why you unvoted Garrus during D2 when his response to your vote was fairly short and even I wouldn't have found it satisfying if I truly suspected him, and you continued to call him out for being indecisive after that point.
By the way I feel it prudent to admit this now since it's no use now. As you noticed I've been supportive of the vanilla claims from D1 because I believe they are necessary due to such weak power roles. I am a two time doctor. N1 I actually protected Adam night one on a whim that maybe he was the cop. And Roy n2 due to believing he might be town enough looking that mafia would want to rid of him. Clearly I was wrong.
At this point, we really just might need a massclaim from the few people who haven't. It's interesting that the doctor would be 2x while the cop is 1x, though I suppose I could understand that balance-wise. What I don't get, however, is how this could be the final phase of the game. If the game could end this phase, that means that there would be no opportunity for a doctor to protect anyone and even have just a chance to save us one more phase if we mislynch. It makes me wonder if there's a doctor at all, unless it could be the last phase if we mislynch and hit the doctor... I guess if that might explain it, I can buy your doctor claim for now. And I feel much more confident in Mr. Resetti being scum than you anyway.
No, I certainly do remember. But of course I'm going to look at things differently toward you - a strange mole that I do not know the alignment of and have seen not many substantial posts from - than toward myself when I know I am town. Also, why exactly does Garrus's alignment cause you to now scumread the Lord of the Trolls/Wendy Oldbag slot that you previously did not? What is the connection between the two exactly?

Isn't that hypocritical. We haven't seen much from you either.

You want other thoughts?! Fine here we go!!

Like Roy said the mafia no doubt has an ability. But I think that one of the vanillas is mafia too. Roy is off the hook, so that leaves the Adam Steinheight fellow and Yellow Guy. Yellow Guy came out with it pretty darn early, which works in his favor. At the same time it can also be seen as a way of him trying to get off the hook at the start...

Adam Steinheight unvoted Lord of the Trolls last phase which was... I dunno, odd. But I can understand wantin to get a lynch and all. No lynches ain't my style.

If I had to lean one way or the other with these two, I'd be more willin to bet Yellow Guy is a townie. But!! I don't wanna say for certain yet since I'm still skeptical for a few reasons which I won't elaborate on yet.

was what I said during night one or at most early D2

You said the case thing during day 1 here:

Funny because I seem to be the only one even attempting any kind of case.

Vulpix was the second to vote Yellow Guy and took the vote off when called on it. Can that really be called a case?

And yer a 2x doctor?? Why would there be a 2x doctor in a game with a whole buncha vanillas and 1x cop. This is kind ofa hypothetical question, I wanna hear thoughts on this.

Also, why exactly does Garrus's alignment cause you to now scumread the Lord of the Trolls/Wendy Oldbag slot that you previously did not? What is the connection between the two exactly?

Well basically put I found it strange how quick Garrus was to vote Lord of the Trolls. Cop probably had good intuition an' all plus any ounce of me wantin' to believe in (meh... not really "believe" but not "defend" either. There's gotta be better word fort his but eh.) the Troll is gone.

Admittedly I did not remember when exactly you had said the cases point, so fair enough there. I don't agree with your second point though about the unvotes; I don't understand why you unvoted Garrus during D2 when his response to your vote was fairly short and even I wouldn't have found it satisfying if I truly suspected him, and you continued to call him out for being indecisive after that point.

At this point, we really just might need a massclaim from the few people who haven't. It's interesting that the doctor would be 2x while the cop is 1x, though I suppose I could understand that balance-wise. What I don't get, however, is how this could be the final phase of the game. If the game could end this phase, that means that there would be no opportunity for a doctor to protect anyone and even have just a chance to save us one more phase if we mislynch. It makes me wonder if there's a doctor at all, unless it could be the last phase if we mislynch and hit the doctor... I guess if that might explain it, I can buy your doctor claim for now. And I feel much more confident in Mr. Resetti being scum than you anyway.

No, I certainly do remember. But of course I'm going to look at things differently toward you - a strange mole that I do not know the alignment of and have seen not many substantial posts from - than toward myself when I know I am town. Also, why exactly does Garrus's alignment cause you to now scumread the Lord of the Trolls/Wendy Oldbag slot that you previously did not? What is the connection between the two exactly?
I did say 2 shot. I used up all my shots unfortunately. This you can see how I have no opportunity to protect myself.

To me the wording of Harris seemed honest. We just have different views clearly. And truly I didn't think he needed further pushing.

And my claim!!? Well I'm a *heavy sigh* 1x phase resetter. Can y' believe me, Mr. "Don't reset yer darn game" Resseti can reset the phase.

An what are your thoughts on others? Your spot is quite suspicious in itself.
Hmm. The same goes for you, dearie.
I think yellow guy's claim comes off as suspicious because it makes little sense to claim so early on, and he only seems to post when the discussion involves him, which is a more Mafia-orientated thing to do. However, it could just be a sign of being busy. Leaning scum.
Alucard gives mixed readings to me, and I shall have to wade through a large amount of text to get a read on him. Since he's been under a lot of suspicion, I shall do a post one him once I've eaten.
Roy's been generally townie. His posts come across as town, and although he could easily be lying about being Garrus's cop check, nobody as of yet has counterclaimed it. I would say town.
Adam is another one I have to read in more detail.
I already stated my reads on the crazy axe-wielding mole, his other posts aren't helpful. He reeks of hypocricy.
As for my predecessor, I can say that he's definitely been genuinely inactive, as my role has a high number of shots and yet none have been used.

Hmm. The same goes for you, dearie.
I think yellow guy's claim comes off as suspicious because it makes little sense to claim so early on, and he only seems to post when the discussion involves him, which is a more Mafia-orientated thing to do. However, it could just be a sign of being busy. Leaning scum.
Alucard gives mixed readings to me, and I shall have to wade through a large amount of text to get a read on him. Since he's been under a lot of suspicion, I shall do a post one him once I've eaten.
Roy's been generally townie. His posts come across as town, and although he could easily be lying about being Garrus's cop check, nobody as of yet has counterclaimed it. I would say town.
Adam is another one I have to read in more detail.
I already stated my reads on the crazy axe-wielding mole, his other posts aren't helpful. He reeks of hypocricy.
As for my predecessor, I can say that he's definitely been genuinely inactive, as my role has a high number of shots and yet none have been used.
Exactly what is your role?

Exactly what does that do?

Well let's say if I used it this phase it'd be like the phase never even happened. A no lynch would occur, the previous person nightkilled (in this case Garrus) would come back as if he were never killed and the phase would be Night 2 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom