• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Sockpuppet Mafia 2016 - Endgame (TOWN WIN) - 10/16/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well let's say if I used it this phase it'd be like the phase never even happened. A no lynch would occur, the previous person nightkilled (in this case Garrus) would come back as if he were never killed and the phase would be Night 2 again.
That contradicts itself if you're making it like this phase never happened then why would it make night 2 never happen?

CLAIMS:
Adam Stanheight - vanilla
Alucard. - 2x doctor
Wendy Oldbag - 3x tracker
Mr. Resetti - 1x phase resetter
Roy Mustang - neighbor
Yellow Guy - vanilla

BlazingVulpix - neighbor
Garrus Vakarian - 1x cop
Mareep! - 1x lightning rod
Mr. Saturn - post-restricted vanilla

Top set is those still alive; bottom is the dearly departed. And that's everyone who is/was in the game in these two lists.

The only thing that really sticks out as especially odd is the 3x tracker claim, in my opinion. If town-aligned, it's not very useful when it would only be able to pick up on two players' actions (cop and doctor, assuming the doc claim is legitimate) and both are/were likely town, unless one of the vanillas are lying. But even if one vanilla was lying, that means that only one action in the game would have been scum and traceable for a tracker. That means all we had was a single copcheck to work with for information, essentially. On the flip side... tracker would help scum here because they could pick up the power roles. It would also attract the lightning rod. I'm also finding the x-shots very strange in general (1x cop, 2x doc, 3x tracker), but not sure what can be gleamed from that, if anything.

As for @Mr. Resetti 's claim, it certainly fits his history and background at the Reset Center. And that would explain the notice about "bastard mechanics" because I'm sure such an ability would be considered bastard by many people. Would it be best for him to use it and reset the phase? If nothing happens, then he's a liar. If it works, we get back a confirmed town player and keep our selves in the game for a while with a safety net. It seems like a win-win to me. For the moment...

UNVOTE: Mr. Resetti
VOTE: Wendy Oldbag

That contradicts itself if you're making it like this phase never happened then why would it make night 2 never happen?

Since it would go back to night 2 the kill wouldn't have ever happened. The mafia would have to redo the kill so then Garrus would come back.

I'm more than willin' to prove my ability and all if that's what everyone feels is best.

Garrus was a good man, I'm very disappointed to see him go down like this. Another person to avenge...

To begin, I'd like to remove one potential suspect from the pile: myself. I was Garrus's copcheck and we had been in contact since D2.
We had hoped to look like we disagreed a lot in-thread in order to avoid dying, but clearly that didn't work unfortunately. I've contacted the hosts to find out if I can post our conversation for proof and some other things since it wasn't host-started. So basically, unless you think I'm a godfather neighbor, I think it's best we work under the (correct) assumption that I am town and thus narrow down our list of suspects to 5/6 people here, making our odds 40% (2/5) of hitting scum without taking anything else into account.

Now then, some thoughts on all who remain living here.

1) Adam Stanheight - has claimed vanilla and that he contacted Yellow Guy about it early on. @Yellow Guy is this true? And to @Adam Stanheight did you talk about anything else or receive any response from our puppet friend here? And why does you being vanilla make you believe Yellow Guy? So many vanillas (and, let's be honest here, neighbors are barely anything better than vanilla too) and yet we've seen the existence of a lightning rod, which seems to me to imply that scum has to have some kind of ability. Notable actions include unvoting Lord of Trolls last phase, untying the votes as a result and allowing Mr. Saturn to be lynched. However, I find that to actually seem town-like in that Adam had to know it would reflect poorly on him if he knew Saturn was town, and a no-lynch wouldn't really have hurt scum to just let happen. In fact, it may have helped since we'd have even less to go on this phase. Additionally - while I disagree about the vanilla situation - I can kind of buy Adam being vanilla just because I have no idea who Adam Stanheight is and he seems to have no extraordinary abilities for a human, and his believing other vanilla claims seems actually looks okay to me too since it'd be fairly easy bait for scum to try to paint a "me vs them" with the claims. --- LEANING TOWN

2) Alucard. - One of the most active players here. Willing to move his vote around freely in order to get information. It was this brashness that lead me to town-read him, but I'm having some second thoughts. Jumped on the Yellow Guy bandwagon in D1 only to remove the vote fairly quickly afterward onto BlazingVulpix, who died and was town. Had some extensive back-and-forth with Yellow Guy at one point during N1; not sure if that could be faked if they're scumbuddies, and Yellow Guy's reactions sounded pretty not-planned. In D2, Alucard followed Mr. Resetti's vote and voted Garrus for indecisiveness. And yet, it took only one post from Garrus for Alucard to then unvote and follow my vote on Mr. Saturn. Basically, all of Alucard's final votes have been on town, though that definitely can happen to town just as it can scum. Interestingly, all of his votes seem to have been following other peoples' minus this phase's vote... He claims to be one of the only people making cases, but mainly he has used the reasoning of others when making his votes. Garrus had told me privately that he found Alucard suspicious for reasons like that. There's also the fact that I could see the NK on Garrus making since with scum!Alucard since a) Garrus suspected him, even in-thread and b) I think Alucard knew that Garrus wasn't really on anyone's scumlist and therefore taking him out was like killing two birds with one stone. His case on Trolls seems like taking an easy potshot, and if one is scum, I don't think the other is. --- COULD BE SCUM

3) Lord of the Trolls - By far our most inactive suspect here. His BlazingVulpix vote I actually kind of townread in hindsight given that the bandwagon had already formed at that point and I'd imagine that the kind of person who seems to avoid the thread like him wouldn't want that kind of attention of hopping on the wagon. His unvote is a little more dubious, but it is true that it drew more attention to him, so if scum wanted to avoid attention, it really may have been better to simply let the vote go and blend in with the wagon. His answers to questioning were essentially "mainly here to watch things unfold and say witty comments," and I wonder if scum would really be so flippant about that and the fact that he actually had a majority vote at one point during D2. He has never spoke up again since N1. @Lord of the Trolls what are your thoughts now? --- KIND OF NULL

4) Mr. Resetti - Started off seeming like he'd maybe be active, but instead comes and goes with few posts. Voted and unvoted (all in the same post) Mr. Saturn during early D1, but then didn't do anything noteworthy after that. His only other action of note was voting Garrus during D2, which could be construed as a Lord of Trolls defense, if you think Trolls could be scum. So all of his votes have been on town. The fact that he hardly ever posts and his case on Garrus was fairly weak and seemed tacked on makes me suspect him. --- LEANING SCUM

5) Yellow Guy - Was the victim of an early bandwagon on D1, but votes ended up moving toward Vulpix instead. Claimed vanilla immediately after my joke vote, later saying that claiming early should make it believable (which, let's be real here... that's exactly what scum would want, but the way he brought it up himself makes it sort of null). I also have no idea about Yellow Guy's history, but a quick search seems to not show any remarkable abilities, so maybe he is vanilla. Interacted a substantial amount with Alucard in N1, and again, I believe it was genuine frustration from his side. Voted Lord of the Trolls in D2 as the 3rd vote on the wagon, which gives me a town vibe. Though he does seem to be a lot more quiet when conversation has moved away from him. --- LEANING TOWN

OTHER THOUGHTS:
- I don't think that both Adam and Yellow Guy can be scum together
- Also don't think that Yellow Guy and Alucard can be scumbuddies together either
- I think the scum is likely two of the Alucard/Lord of the Trolls/Mr. Resetti bunch

I'm still trying to think things through, and I'll also wait and see if I can post my private conversation in case that can help in some way. A massclaim may help though.
Adam did contact me yes. He speaks the truth.

CLAIMS:
Adam Stanheight - vanilla
Alucard. - 2x doctor
Wendy Oldbag - 3x tracker
Mr. Resetti - 1x phase resetter
Roy Mustang - neighbor
Yellow Guy - vanilla

BlazingVulpix - neighbor
Garrus Vakarian - 1x cop
Mareep! - 1x lightning rod
Mr. Saturn - post-restricted vanilla

Top set is those still alive; bottom is the dearly departed. And that's everyone who is/was in the game in these two lists.

The only thing that really sticks out as especially odd is the 3x tracker claim, in my opinion. If town-aligned, it's not very useful when it would only be able to pick up on two players' actions (cop and doctor, assuming the doc claim is legitimate) and both are/were likely town, unless one of the vanillas are lying. But even if one vanilla was lying, that means that only one action in the game would have been scum and traceable for a tracker. That means all we had was a single copcheck to work with for information, essentially. On the flip side... tracker would help scum here because they could pick up the power roles. It would also attract the lightning rod. I'm also finding the x-shots very strange in general (1x cop, 2x doc, 3x tracker), but not sure what can be gleamed from that, if anything.

As for @Mr. Resetti 's claim, it certainly fits his history and background at the Reset Center. And that would explain the notice about "bastard mechanics" because I'm sure such an ability would be considered bastard by many people. Would it be best for him to use it and reset the phase? If nothing happens, then he's a liar. If it works, we get back a confirmed town player and keep our selves in the game for a while with a safety net. It seems like a win-win to me. For the moment...

Two questions for you: 1) what use is a lightning rod without a doctor. That's what is so great about it that it attracts everything. Thus working to be a surekill successful protect assuming there is no strongman kill. Without it it's just a chaotic bodyguard.

2) How does using his role clear the mole? Mafia could use it too. It's more of a neutral chaotic role. Unless the cop had died before outing a mafia claim I do not see how it does anything but repeat what happened. Gives mafia another chance to ind out more information if it restores shot and. Arely gives town a chance.

My track works on the kill, too. That's invaluable for town, because if someone suspicious (or a claimed passive) visits the person who dies, that's essentially a cop check. Don't underestimate me.
Surely the reset could have useful Mafia implications too? Kill a vanilla, reset, new shot at a PR. I would say that resetti's role working is no indiction of his alignment.
Adam did contact me yes. He speaks the truth.
That's helpful to know.

Two questions for you: 1) what use is a lightning rod without a doctor. That's what is so great about it that it attracts everything. Thus working to be a surekill successful protect assuming there is no strongman kill. Without it it's just a chaotic bodyguard.
The role PM of Mareep! explicitly stated that "factional kills" were not able to be redirected to the lightning rod if they had used their ability. Here it is for reference:
Dear Mareep!, you are the 1x Lightningrod. Once in the game, during the night phase, you may use your ability; this will redirect all night actions (but not factional kills) on you for that night.
So as long as the mafia nightkill is counted as a factional kill (which it 99% has to be, since it doesn't look like any other means of killing is in this game) it doesn't sound like it would have worked as surefire protection for Mareep! for the night.
2) How does using his role clear the mole? Mafia could use it too. It's more of a neutral chaotic role. Unless the cop had died before outing a mafia claim I do not see how it does anything but repeat what happened. Gives mafia another chance to ind out more information if it restores shot and. Arely gives town a chance.
How would it benefit scum, though? It would reset everything that just happened, and it wouldn't really buy any time for scum. We would be repeating the same actions if we had managed to lynch scum and scum reset the phase to "save" them (since, if we knew they were scum before the reset because of the flip, of course we'd lynch them again) so it would not affect anything for scum really. It benefits town more because it gives us a phase with a confirmed townie who died to give their thoughts before they presumably will die again.
My track works on the kill, too. That's invaluable for town, because if someone suspicious (or a claimed passive) visits the person who dies, that's essentially a cop check. Don't underestimate me.
Right, I forgot about kills being trackable... that complicates things. Just to be sure I have all the facts, do you know if this is the ability that Lord of the Trolls had when he was here, or is it specific to you as Wendy Oldbag?

So, having looked at the thread in more detail, I have this to say:
Adam looks town. His posts and votes seem thought out and genuine, and he has contributed well.
Alucard looked very good on day one. He has made some good points throughout the game, and so has yellow guy. However, he seems to be sheeping votes a lot, especially in the later phases. I'm leaning scum on him, but less so than yellow guy because a doctor claim seems entirely reasonable. One thing that does strike me as odd about Alucard is this:
And considering my own abilities being so low grade a few useless ones in the bunch doesn't seem strange. A simple conclusion anyone can come to.
I disagree with this. To me, a few low grade abilities (is 2-shot doc really low-grade in such a small game anyway?) is usually indicative of a few powerful town roles, for balance. That, or we're dealing with a massively underpowered Mafia. Having said that, godfather seems unlikely in a game with only a 1-shot cop, so I'm willing to take Roy's claim as true.
Right, I forgot about kills being trackable... that complicates things. Just to be sure I have all the facts, do you know if this is the ability that Lord of the Trolls had when he was here, or is it specific to you as Wendy Oldbag?
Given that I was explicitly told that LotT didn't track anyone, I can safely assume that he had that ability too.

Tracker wouldn't fit a troll or an old woman with bad hips.

I already explained, and scum themeselves pointed out how The moles role could be used for mafia. And why wouldn't he use it D2 or N1 or even N2 and help any of those dead townies? Why only when he's on the chopppung block. We could have redone either of the two day phases.

Lastly I cannot protect myself, and only a two shot. I consider that a rather weak doctor role.

And a lightning rod that only attracts non kill actions? That's nothing save for a chaotic role. Town would not be left with a mere 1xcop as defense against mafia.

Also interesting note if the old woman is not lying. Switch hers and the miles rokes and they fit each other. Moles use their noses and go underground, perfect for tracker. And resetting a phase would fit a troll due to their mischievous nature. The others I've seen that aren't mischievous are complete morons. Tracker is not firing at all for a troll.

Oh and let's not forget most of the time that mafia can send in actions for each other.

And resetting a phase would fit a troll due to their mischievous nature.

Wha? C'mon, my name is Mr. Resetti!

Tracker is not firing at all for a troll.

Probably cause there ain't no tracker! I'm usin' my ability this phase but if the Oldbag gets lynched next time then we'd see what their ability is.

use it D2 or N1 or even N2 and help any of those dead townies?

I was waitin' for a right opportunity. Now that there's the possibility of the game ending and mafia winning, this will give us some extra time to think things over.

Wha? C'mon, my name is Mr. Resetti!

Probably cause there ain't no tracker! I'm usin' my ability this phase but if the Oldbag gets lynched next time then we'd see what their ability is.

I was waitin' for a right opportunity. Now that there's the possibility of the game ending and mafia winning, this will give us some extra time to think things over.

You're only using it now that you have no choice! All the other phases would have been better opportunities. You could have made it to where we lynched trolls D2!

You're only using it now that you have no choice! All the other phases would have been better opportunities. You could have made it to where we lynched trolls D2!

Hey now, you sound like someone who resets your game after one teensy thing goes wrong! You run around on some flowers and you think y' gotta reset all of a sudden?

Nah, now let me take a deep breath.

Alright let's say I made some... bad choices. Maybe I shoulda done somethin' before, but does that make me inherently scummy? 'Sides I hate to say it, but Mr. Saturn wasn't all that, y'know, active. He didn't even speak up in his own defense. An' I wasn't bout to use my reset on day 1. I thought it'd be best to save it for another time. That was my basic thinkin' with my ability.

Anywho, how could my ability have made it so we lynch the Troll on day 2?

Greetings, once again. It is I, your official vote tallier, the Count, here with a quarter phase vote count, just before I return to my coffin for the morning.

Let us count the votes together.

Wendy Oldbag: Three! Three votes! (Alucard, Mr. Resetti, Roy Mustang)
Mr. Resetti: One! One vote! (Wendy Oldbag)

And now, I must be off.

Hey now, you sound like someone who resets your game after one teensy thing goes wrong! You run around on some flowers and you think y' gotta reset all of a sudden?

Nah, now let me take a deep breath.

Alright let's say I made some... bad choices. Maybe I shoulda done somethin' before, but does that make me inherently scummy? 'Sides I hate to say it, but Mr. Saturn wasn't all that, y'know, active. He didn't even speak up in his own defense. An' I wasn't bout to use my reset on day 1. I thought it'd be best to save it for another time. That was my basic thinkin' with my ability.

Anywho, how could my ability have made it so we lynch the Troll on day 2?
Resetting day 2. Then the whole lynch would not have happened and we could have done something more proper. To add on: Yes it is scummy to not have had used it until you are forced to. At this point you're just using it to talk your and allow you partner to talk their way out of being lynched not that it will work.

And you still haven't used it considering we only got a vote count. Unless you were lying about what it does.

And you still haven't used it considering we only got a vote count.

It says it'll work when the game updates.

At this point you're just using it to talk your and allow you partner to talk their way out of being lynched not that it will work.

I wouldn'ta used it then probably. At that point I wasn't suspicious of Lord of the Trolls. It's hard to say what would've happened but all I can say is it's too late to think about those "what if's" now.

Who is my supposed partner? Wendy Oldbag?

Hey sorry for being absent the majority of the phase, I'm gonna have to make a better post with my thoughts more put together sometime soon but just to piece some things together at the moment and more importantly

VOTE: Wendy Oldbag.

Not buying a 3x tracker in a game of this size, and with so many of us who don't have ahem useful roles n'all. Like tracking kills, sure, but a 3x tracker... to be lucky enough to track a kill like, ok, maybe once in the game... sounds like it isn't likely at all and Troll lord before was on my list-- not that that part's any fault of your own, lady. But it still sorta coincides right now. I'm really mainly finding the claim to be super suspicious, like major. Seems so unlikely.

Alucard being a 2x doctor is believable enough and hey dude shoutout for having my back the first night. I can see a 2x doc for this, and Alucard in general is someone I've been inclined to trust anyhow. So put two in two together there and voila I got someone who I can easily believe.

Roy is pretty much easily cleared at this point in time I really don't gotta say too much on that (um, we cool... since I kinda busted your chops before... whoops) which is nice. However with that information raises some questions in my opinion like ok so we've got myself, a vanilla... two town aligned neighbors, both with no abilities of their own so they're pretty much vanillas, Yellow puppet who claimed vanilla... and Saturn, who had a post restriction but otherwise was also a vanilla. I'm getting some weird almost unexplained vibes from Yellow puppet guy at this point idk from his overall absence in thread, not much contribution, and our interaction privately.

Mr. Resetti who was pretty inactive before keep the pick axe away remember that man seems to be telling the truth although it's a gut feeling until proven true. The ability definitely suits him, so like, doesn't seem like a lie? And it sounds damn useful if it'll actually reset the phase so it'll be one hell of a benefit to us. Sure he could've used it before but that's also a tough decision to make so I can kinda sorta see why it took him till now to choose to use it. Just hope he is telling the truth and it's not all some sick ruse.

RESET - Night 2 start
HYPER-MAJORITY (triggers early update)
RESET
Garrus Vakarian is revived.

"Boom! Zing! Ding! Dakota!"
"This thing is annoying; let's just send it to Dakota and hope it never comes back."

Dear Mr. Saturn, you have the Post Restriction. You have to erratically use the words "boing", "ding", "zoom" and "Dakota" in your sentences. Using strange fonts would be appreciated. Other than that, you are a regular Vanilla Townie with just a vote, so please use it wisely.

You are allied with the Town and win when all factions opposing you are eliminated while at least one member of your faction is alive.
Mr. Saturn was lynched. They were the Town Post Restriction.

It is now Night 2. It will end in 24 hours (+25 minutes) or earlier if all night actions are sent in.

I've taken a rocket to the face

Been shot at more times than I can count

Ran between the legs of a Reaper fighting a Thresher Maw

You can't keep me down.

And here's where I have to counter Alucard again. He claims to be a doctor but he used his limited abilities in the first two nights? Wasteful.

When a doctor has unlimited protections, sure, go ahead and protect everyone. But when you're limited, when you only have two rounds in the clip, you save those two rounds until you are certain your shot will hit. You don't waste them.

If you are the doctor you have proven to be less than helpful. If you aren't, then you're some lying Vorcha scum that needs to be put down.

Resetti proved his role. Something like that in the hands of the mafia is both too powerful and too weak. Powerful because it helps lessen the disadvantage the mafia play under, weak because no one can forget who was mafia. Resetti is cleared with me.

That means me, Roy, and Resetti are the confirmed town aligned at this point.

Adam, Alucard, Wendy, and Yellow are unconfirmed at this point. Half of them are likely mafia.

One of us is going to die again tonight. I'm useless without my C-Sec contacts on night phases, but I can still vote in the day. So whomever survives tonight, my recommendation is to focus on those four specifically. You have 50/50 odds. You have a good shot.

The dead brought back to life... reminds me of a half-pint kid I know...

All right, Resetti has proven his ability so I'm also inclined to believe that he is truly town. As I said before, I see no benefit to such an ability for scum, and it worked exactly as he said. Given the nature of it, I can buy town being relatively weak if he's town, and that leads me to believe that Oldbag is scum with 3x tracker. Tracker can also be aligned to both sides, so it is not an insta-clear even if the claim is true. And Lord of the Trolls was clearly present during N1 since he had addressed his unvote then; why not use his ability? Perhaps he found a replacement in Oldbag because he couldn't take the heat as scum.

If Oldbag is scum, that leaves one more... Alucard's doctor claim is un-counterclaimed and risky with as common as doctors. Both shots being used up is convenient for a fakeclaim, but the reset ability makes sense with only a 2x doctor and using it early may make sense if you can't be sure you'd live long enough to make use of it. And it is possible that Garrus's first death was to cast suspicion on Alucard, since Alucard was another person who wasn't highly suspected at that point aside from by Garrus himself. So I can't fully agree with our turian ally in finding Alucard to be one of the most likely scum, but the possibility is there so I wouldn't advocate overlooking it either.

So that would leave our two vanilla friends: Adam Stanheight and my not!son Yellow Guy.

Of the two, I'd guess that Yellow Guy would be mafia more than Adam. Yellow Guy went from being very active early on (with some fairly large posts too) to almost nothing at all (including not even voting during D3 when the game's fate really rested on that phase before the reset was brought to light). While he was the original vanilla claimer, he also was quick to say that being first should make it look good, which is almost so-obviously scummy that I had townread the action before (in a "how could mafia possibly say that" type of way)... but not now. Adam has been much more involved throughout the game, and the way he PM'd Yellow Guy about his own vanilla claim and was quick to believe that more vanillas are possible give me a town vibe. Additionally, Ms. Oldbag said she found Yellow Guy more suspicious than Alucard... and yet went on to only bring up posts from Alucard instead. It may be an attempt at distancing from scum allies.

It may be best if everyone gives their top two most likely scum so that we can see if there is anyone that we mostly agree on as a good lynch. And so that no matter who dies this night, we at least had some thoughts from them in case it could be helpful.

Welcome back Garrus, I'd offer some of Vulpix's leftover candy to celebrate where did they get that from anyway gimme that stash but I'm almost all out. It's so good.

Mmm hmm so definitely my top scum reads at this point are for sure Yellow puppet guy (I trusted you before man.... thought we were vanilla buds... I trusted you... damn) and the old lady. The possibility of old lady being a 3x tracker is so slim I could probably stick a sheet of paper through. Plus there's not much of a use for a tracker in a game where there's so many vanilla-like roles, let alone a 3x one. Ok it'd be one thing if she were a 1x-- even then that'd be sketchy as fuck-- but c'mon a 3x... not buying it. I will eat my shirt if she told the truth about it. Also mafia can be trackers right so maybe if she's mafia, which we're thinking at this point, then yeah I could see the 3x then but only then.

Roy Mustang said:
Yellow Guy went from being very active early on (with some fairly large posts too) to almost nothing at all (including not even voting during D3 when the game's fate really rested on that phase before the reset was brought to light).
My thoughts exactly on a very suspicious Yellow puppet guy move. You're his dad for christ's sake and you're thinking he's scummy, it speaks volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom