• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Sockpuppet Mafia 2016 - Endgame (TOWN WIN) - 10/16/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the old bag is not a mafia then we're all complete morons. The only use of her is her interactions.

As for why I would use my ability right away: As Roy pointed out, I wasn't sure when I would die or if I would. I cannot protect myself as I already stated and two mislynches with the nightkills put us straight into a possible last phase. I rather try to prevent that kind of situation before it happens. Not to mention there is no way to know how successful I will be unless it is I and a single ally against a single enemy, but what are the chances of that. And even then they could just kill me and win. There is no formula for being assured. The enemy will go after those we do not expect them to go after. Prime example is you yourself. Despite the slight suspicion on you in thread, the enemy chose you over someone everyone trusted. Most likely since they knew the doctor would not be protecting you and that the doctor would think of you as the enemy or enough of a potential mislynch to not be targeted by the enemy. In that kind of case the enemy is clearly thinking ahead.

Okay, let me explain my inactiveness. This week was spirit week at my school and yesterday was homecoming. So those things kept me more busy than I would've liked.
Roy is pretty much easily cleared at this point in time I really don't gotta say too much on that (um, we cool... since I kinda busted your chops before... whoops) which is nice. However with that information raises some questions in my opinion like ok so we've got myself, a vanilla... two town aligned neighbors, both with no abilities of their own so they're pretty much vanillas, Yellow puppet who claimed vanilla... and Saturn, who had a post restriction but otherwise was also a vanilla. I'm getting some weird almost unexplained vibes from Yellow puppet guy at this point idk from his overall absence in thread, not much contribution, and our interaction privately.
It's really funny that you point out my absense, but in this same post (cut it out but you said it my man.) you apologized for being absent. Little bit hypocrital but hey, I guess we all are sometimes right? (Meh don't know about that.) Also I like how you think I'm scummy from our interactions privately yet you're the one who asked if I was really vanilla and didn't want to ask in thread for some reason. And when I asked why didn't you want to ask in thread, you sidestepped the question and just said it would be "iffy". And asked if I had contact with anyone else privately. Those things are all way more suspicious than the things I said (you can reveal them if you want).
Just for funzies lets add on the fact that you've basically been buddying me the whole game and were involved in both town lynches. (On the Vulpix wagon, unvoted Lord of the Trolls so Saturn would get lynched.) I contacted my top town read at the time (not going to reveal them unless they want to be revealed.) after our PMs and told them that I was really suspicious of you. You contacted me and claimed vanilla before Saturn flipped Vanilla. Once I saw that, that really raised my suspicions.
Of the two, I'd guess that Yellow Guy would be mafia more than Adam. Yellow Guy went from being very active early on (with some fairly large posts too) to almost nothing at all (including not even voting during D3 when the game's fate really rested on that phase before the reset was brought to light). While he was the original vanilla claimer, he also was quick to say that being first should make it look good, which is almost so-obviously scummy that I had townread the action before (in a "how could mafia possibly say that" type of way)... but not now. Adam has been much more involved throughout the game, and the way he PM'd Yellow Guy about his own vanilla claim and was quick to believe that more vanillas are possible give me a town vibe. Additionally, Ms. Oldbag said she found Yellow Guy more suspicious than Alucard... and yet went on to only bring up posts from Alucard instead. It may be an attempt at distancing from scum allies.

It may be best if everyone gives their top two most likely scum so that we can see if there is anyone that we mostly agree on as a good lynch. And so that no matter who dies this night, we at least had some thoughts from them in case it could be helpful.
I may have been quick to say that, however I also was quick to say that claiming might not have been the best idea because the Mafia wouldn't go after me. So I looked at it from both sides. Or atleast tried.

Okay, so Mr. Resetti proved his role and is most likely town. Garrus is obviously town. My dad (hi dad) seems to be town. Wendy's claim rubs me the wrong way (just like it did with everyone else it seems.)
And @Adam Stanheight you are right, we aren't vanilla buds...because I don't believe you are vanilla. I am.

Also I just reread the rules, and I can copy and paste my conversation with Adam since it didn't have anything to do with the hosts if anyone is interested.

Okay, let me explain my inactiveness. This week was spirit week at my school and yesterday was homecoming. So those things kept me more busy than I would've liked.

It's really funny that you point out my absense, but in this same post (cut it out but you said it my man.) you apologized for being absent. Little bit hypocrital but hey, I guess we all are sometimes right? (Meh don't know about that.) Also I like how you think I'm scummy from our interactions privately yet you're the one who asked if I was really vanilla and didn't want to ask in thread for some reason. And when I asked why didn't you want to ask in thread, you sidestepped the question and just said it would be "iffy". And asked if I had contact with anyone else privately. Those things are all way more suspicious than the things I said (you can reveal them if you want).
Just for funzies lets add on the fact that you've basically been buddying me the whole game and were involved in both town lynches. (On the Vulpix wagon, unvoted Lord of the Trolls so Saturn would get lynched.) I contacted my top town read at the time (not going to reveal them unless they want to be revealed.) after our PMs and told them that I was really suspicious of you. You contacted me and claimed vanilla before Saturn flipped Vanilla. Once I saw that, that really raised my suspicions.

I may have been quick to say that, however I also was quick to say that claiming might not have been the best idea because the Mafia wouldn't go after me. So I looked at it from both sides. Or atleast tried.

Okay, so Mr. Resetti proved his role and is most likely town. Garrus is obviously town. My dad (hi dad) seems to be town. Wendy's claim rubs me the wrong way (just like it did with everyone else it seems.)
And @Adam Stanheight you are right, we aren't vanilla buds...because I don't believe you are vanilla. I am.

Also I just reread the rules, and I can copy and paste my conversation with Adam since it didn't have anything to do with the hosts if anyone is interested.
Please do.

Please do.
Sure thing!

Adam: Ok this will seem probably like a strange and maybe pointless thing to ask but I don't want to just straight up ask in thread, anyway getting down to the meat of the point here, are you really a vanilla? Alright you probably wouldn't tell me if you weren't but try to be as honest as possible with me dude. Let's scratch each others backs here.

Me: Gonna be honest, your question is a bit suspicious, but yes I am. It kind of sucks because I don't have a role but also pretty good since I don't have to carry the stress of handling a role.

Me again: Hey, why didn't you want to post that question in thread? Also, what did you mean by "Let's scratch each other's back" what were you trying to imply?

Adam: Yeah I kind of figured that it would seem a little weird of me to bring this up privately rather than in thread but at the same time I was too iffy about doing it in thread so I decided to do it here instead. Next best way s'all.

Well the reason I even asked and had this doubt at all is because I'm also vanilla-- heyyy vanilla buddies-- and I went through some process of thoughts such as;

'Yellow puppet's vanilla too ok that's not too weird --> maybe it is kind of weird and maybe he's actually godfather and just claimed vanilla --> nah why would he do that so suddenly that's probably not the case'

So as you can see the last thought process there is my current and final one on the matter especially now because you seem all genuine when you're talking about it, your posts, and I don't see the godfather conspiracy theory anymore. Unless you're playing me very well in which case don't kill me lol. But no really I believe the claim now. Well as much as someone can since vanilla can be proved about as well as area 51

Have you privately been in contact with anyone else or are you not willing to disclose this info to me... I'd get that. Totally get that.

Me:
I haven't been in contact with anyone else.

That was the last time we talked privately. We haven't pmed since Wednesday.

It's really funny that you point out my absense, but in this same post (cut it out but you said it my man.) you apologized for being absent. Little bit hypocrital but hey, I guess we all are sometimes right? (Meh don't know about that.)
You've been pretty quiet dude for a while now, I was gone for like a majority of the phase and even then I went in and tried to gather my thoughts to the best of my ability and voted. Like you didn't have to post an essay or nothin but you could've voted and given like a sentence of reasoning or anything. You really haven't given much indication on who you've been suspecting, who you trust, what you think we should do next, nothing. Pretty much the most activity we've seen from you is from day 1 and that's because of your early claim.

Also I like how you think I'm scummy from our interactions privately yet you're the one who asked if I was really vanilla and didn't want to ask in thread for some reason. And when I asked why didn't you want to ask in thread, you sidestepped the question and just said it would be "iffy". And asked if I had contact with anyone else privately. Those things are all way more suspicious than the things I said (you can reveal them if you want).
Uhhh I kind of said the reason in thread on why I didn't claim publicly at that point in time. I said it when I admitted to claiming to you privately so it's not a secret. I felt iffy because at the time I was feeling it would bring suspicion onto me claiming vanilla first of all clearly out of the blue but then when so many vanilla-like roles came outta the wood work I figured why the fuck not and took the plunge because it really was for the best at that point. I asked if you were privately in contact with anyone else because a) you were being quiet in thread so I was wondering if maybe you were doing stuff behind the scenes or something and b) if you were going to tell the person you were hypothetically in contact with about my claim.

So I trusted your vanilla claim early (because there was no reason at the time really not to) and that's considered buddying what. Um okay. This is so obvious but I obviously would not have done either of those things had I known they were really town like how idiotic would I have to be. If anything doesn't that make me look more innocent than anything? Hell at least I'm trying things here, going after the people I think are scummy regardless of the outcome because god don't we know how its been working out but as we can see we're at least starting to get some results. I don't really have anything to say about when I claimed that's pure coincidence let's say I was hypothetically mafia as you're implying how would I know Saturn was vanilla unless you're now thinking a rolecop exists or something? I'm ummm confused.

Yeah ok I can get that.

Ouch wow ok. So we're not vanilla buds anymore. That was sadly short lived. Unfortunately we can't be 1 vanilla bud and 1 mafia godfather bud. Btw I'm the vanilla bud in this equation because I'm not lying about my role here like I will cover myself in peanut butter to seal the conviction.

You've been pretty quiet dude for a while now, I was gone for like a majority of the phase and even then I went in and tried to gather my thoughts to the best of my ability and voted. Like you didn't have to post an essay or nothin but you could've voted and given like a sentence of reasoning or anything. You really haven't given much indication on who you've been suspecting, who you trust, what you think we should do next, nothing. Pretty much the most activity we've seen from you is from day 1 and that's because of your early claim.
I've explained why I was inactive. I can go further into detail but this obviously isn't the place for that. And I said I suspected Alucard and even tried to go after him and generate discussion. Now I'm suspicious of you and Wendy. And I haven't given my thoughts on what I think we should do next because I was inactive. Let me take the time now to do that. I think our best shot of hitting scum would be to lynch Wendy. We should look into doing that come daytime.
Uhhh I kind of said the reason in thread on why I didn't claim publicly at that point in time. I said it when I admitted to claiming to you privately so it's not a secret. I felt iffy because at the time I was feeling it would bring suspicion onto me claiming vanilla first of all clearly out of the blue but then when so many vanilla-like roles came outta the wood work I figured why the fuck not and took the plunge because it really was for the best at that point. I asked if you were privately in contact with anyone else because a) you were being quiet in thread so I was wondering if maybe you were doing stuff behind the scenes or something and b) if you were going to tell the person you were hypothetically in contact with about my claim.
Ok fair enough.

So I trusted your vanilla claim early (because there was no reason at the time really not to) and that's considered buddying what. Um okay. This is so obvious but I obviously would not have done either of those things had I known they were really town like how idiotic would I have to be. If anything doesn't that make me look more innocent than anything? Hell at least I'm trying things here, going after the people I think are scummy regardless of the outcome because god don't we know how its been working out but as we can see we're at least starting to get some results. I don't really have anything to say about when I claimed that's pure coincidence let's say I was hypothetically mafia as you're implying how would I know Saturn was vanilla unless you're now thinking a rolecop exists or something? I'm ummm confused.
The way you've interacted with me starting way early into the game up until your suspicions of me, I kind of got a buddying vibe from you. That doesn't have to be scummy, townies can buddy, but I figured I'd just point it out. I was trying things too. I went after Alucard and tried to get something going because I was suspicious of them like I pointed out earlier in this post. I'm not implying you knew Saturn was vanilla. I'm more so implying that you're Mafia and claimed vanilla to me because you thought there couldn't be a lot of vanillas in the game maybe, and when Saturn flipped, maybe that poked a hole through your plans.

Ouch wow ok. So we're not vanilla buds anymore. That was sadly short lived. Unfortunately we can't be 1 vanilla bud and 1 mafia godfather bud. Btw I'm the vanilla bud in this equation because I'm not lying about my role here like I will cover myself in peanut butter to seal the conviction.
I knoooowww :( and if you really are vanilla, then I apologize for breaking our buddyship up because of suspicions, (I'm tired of all this vanilla on vanilla violence.)but I can assure you (well I can atleast assure myself) that I am in fact 100% authentic all natural vanilla. I'm the one. The only. Bud.

I've explained why I was inactive. I can go further into detail but this obviously isn't the place for that. And I said I suspected Alucard and even tried to go after him and generate discussion. Now I'm suspicious of you and Wendy. And I haven't given my thoughts on what I think we should do next because I was inactive. Let me take the time now to do that. I think our best shot of hitting scum would be to lynch Wendy. We should look into doing that come daytime.
Ok I totally get the old lady being a suspect because a 3x town tracker is just not making any sense. Hold up speaking of the old lady did she ever say whether or not she's used her ability yet on anyone @Wendy Oldbag and also is your name really Oldbag I gotta know. Yeah well we can both agree on that I definitely say our target the upcoming phase should be Oldbag.

The way you've interacted with me starting way early into the game up until your suspicions of me, I kind of got a buddying vibe from you. That doesn't have to be scummy, townies can buddy, but I figured I'd just point it out. I was trying things too. I went after Alucard and tried to get something going because I was suspicious of them like I pointed out earlier in this post. I'm not implying you knew Saturn was vanilla. I'm more so implying that you're Mafia and claimed vanilla to me because you thought there couldn't be a lot of vanillas in the game maybe, and when Saturn flipped, maybe that poked a hole through your plans.
I'm not really sure where this buddying thing is going, like if you think I was buddying or something or not what does it make you think like why does that seem scummy and what impact does this make the whole buddying thing isn't making sense to me. I mean I'll say right now that it wasn't my intention and I don't really see how it came off that way especially since at one point in time I clearly had a little doubt on you regardless on how much I expressed it in thread or not but I cast it aside due to all the vanilla like roles that showed up. I mean it seemed silly to not believe your vanilla claim at the time, so naturally I was going to believe it and not vote you because why would I hop onto a wagon if your claim seems legit and you aren't seeming scummy at the time that'd be weird.

I knoooowww :( and if you really are vanilla, then I apologize for breaking our buddyship up because of suspicions, (I'm tired of all this vanilla on vanilla violence.)but I can assure you (well I can atleast assure myself) that I am in fact 100% authentic all natural vanilla. I'm the one. The only. Bud.
Well I am vanilla and it's too late to apologize dude our vanilla buddyship is broken man it's broken! It could've been so much! We could've gone vanilla buddy shopping together, watched vanilla buddy movies, but no, it's ruined! What am I, artificially flavored then Hate to say it friend but I'm the all naturale vanilla here and there'll be only one way of proving it.

(RESET) Day 3 start

"Tonight was so boring... I was actually afraid it might have not been a full night because of some strange time distortion caused by the reset, but the Count ensured me that he counted the hours one by one and it was time to update this."

No one was killed.

It is now Day 3 (again). It will last 48 hours unless a HYPER-MAJORITY occurs.
With 7 players alive, 5 are needed for HYPER-MAJORITY.

Interesting. Really happy this has happened actually. Maybe scum was just inactive? Or the doctor maybe? Since it was a reset maybe the game reset all of the roles that were used night 2 the first time? That's probably more likely.

Vote: Wendy Oldbag

Wow, that mole's phase reset has really turned things around for us in a positive way. I have a few theories as to why nobody died, and neither of them involve an inactive mafia. Especially not when most everyone has posted in recent memory.
I understand outside obligations keeping you busy, but why did you respond to my question about Adam's PM to you last day phase and yet not vote at all? The game could have ended last phase if we chose wrong/there was no reset, so why not vote when everything hung in the balance?

@Wendy Oldbag Did you use your ability last night? If so, what are your results?

Wow, that mole's phase reset has really turned things around for us in a positive way. I have a few theories as to why nobody died, and neither of them involve an inactive mafia. Especially not when most everyone has posted in recent memory.

I understand outside obligations keeping you busy, but why did you respond to my question about Adam's PM to you last day phase and yet not vote at all? The game could have ended last phase if we chose wrong/there was no reset, so why not vote when everything hung in the balance?

@Wendy Oldbag Did you use your ability last night? If so, what are your results?
Notice I only responded with 2 very short sentences? That was because I barely had time to say anything else. I quickly browsed the thread just to get a grasp on what was happening and saw your question and figured I'd answer it real quick. (Because if I didn't, that would put me in a worse spot than I'm in right now let's be honest) I didn't really have anymore time to vote someone and provide reasoning for the vote, then having to deal with the possibility of people questioning my vote, then having to answer those questions. Didn't have time for it. I do now.

And yeah I didn't think the inactivity theory was very strong, might as well mention it just in case. Also, may I ask what your other theories are as to why nobody died?

And yeah I didn't think the inactivity theory was very strong, might as well mention it just in case. Also, may I ask what your other theories are as to why nobody died?
One is the same as your's in that the phase reset may have reset the abilities that took place from the original N2. The other one I'd prefer not to say for various reasons in case it is the actual cause.

One is the same as your's in that the phase reset may have reset the abilities that took place from the original N2. The other one I'd prefer not to say for various reasons in case it is the actual cause.
Fair enough.

Hell yeah this is great! We're gettin somewhere. So at first when I just initially saw that there was no kill I was thinking mafia just was either inactive and didn't put one in or forgot but it's probably more likely that the phase reset and that reset gave our doc back his protect and he picked damn well.

VOTE: Wendy Oldbag.

I don't really gotta explain this.

Greetings, it is I, your official vote tallier, the Count.
As Zexilina mentioned above, I do keep very close track of the hours, so I know that this quarter-phase vote tally is 1 hour 25 minutes too early, but my puppet master needs to get some sleep.
So, without further ado, let us, once again, begin counting the votes.

Wendy Oldbag: Two! Two Votes! (Yellow Guy, Adam Stanheight)

Well that was anti-climactic. Oh well, at least now I get to count sheep before falling asleep.

AH AH AH AH AH!!!
*thunderclaps*

VOTE Yellow Guy

I fully expect Oldbag is going to die today, but I don't want to let up pressure on Yellow Guy. I do not believe this constant "I'm just vanilla" claim.

VOTE Yellow Guy

I fully expect Oldbag is going to die today, but I don't want to let up pressure on Yellow Guy. I do not believe this constant "I'm just vanilla" claim.
I am a vanilla. Obviously I can't prove I am. But I'll tell you what. (And this goes for everyone.)
Ask me any questions you have for me regarding the game, and I'll do my best to answer them.

Are you gonna like change your vote later then or is this permanent for the phase?

@Yellow Guy So if I'm right in my thinking here your top scum reads are myself and the old lady what are your thoughts on the others though anyway.

Are you gonna like change your vote later then or is this permanent for the phase?

@Yellow Guy So if I'm right in my thinking here your top scum reads are myself and the old lady what are your thoughts on the others though anyway.
Well Garrus is town obviously. Roy is most likely town since he got checked unless he's godfather (which is a very possible possibility now that I think about it.) Mr. resetti is most likely town, and I think Alucard's claim is believeable however I don't know if it's true. Thought he was scum, then thought he was town, now he's kind of a null read.

Roy isn't godfather. His responses in the thread after my death confirmed that. There were many things he referenced from our private conversations that he had no reason to share if he was mafia.

I'll change my vote when I get a reasonable answer. I'm sorry Yellow Guy, but I cannot accept right now that you're just a vanilla, not with the roles we're seeing.

You seriously mean that your Role PM just says you're a vanilla townee with just a vote and nothing else special? Because that could very easy come up Godfather on a check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom