• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Sockpuppet Mafia 2016 - Endgame (TOWN WIN) - 10/16/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roy isn't godfather. His responses in the thread after my death confirmed that. There were many things he referenced from our private conversations that he had no reason to share if he was mafia.

I'll change my vote when I get a reasonable answer. I'm sorry Yellow Guy, but I cannot accept right now that you're just a vanilla, not with the roles we're seeing.

You seriously mean that your Role PM just says you're a vanilla townee with just a vote and nothing else special? Because that could very easy come up Godfather on a check.
I doubled checked my role PM just in case I missed something. And I didn't. I'm just a vanilla.

Which means that there's no way to prove it without dying.

Look, I'm comparing your claim with the evidence I'm seeing. I accept that vanilla is possible, but I don't believe it to be likely. Even Saturn had a weird caveat based on his identity. I know you're pretty bland, but even that should warrant something.

We've had common roles like cop to uncommon roles like neighbors to a reseter, by the goddess.

A vanilla stands out amongst those as being so bland that it's noteworthy.

I'll change my vote when I get a reasonable answer. I'm sorry Yellow Guy, but I cannot accept right now that you're just a vanilla, not with the roles we're seeing.

You seriously mean that your Role PM just says you're a vanilla townee with just a vote and nothing else special? Because that could very easy come up Godfather on a check.
Do you trust me either because I'm vanilla-- no special nothing just the 'ability' to vote.

Yellow Guy said:
I think Alucard's claim is believeable however I don't know if it's true. Thought he was scum, then thought he was town, now he's kind of a null read.

Or the doctor maybe? Since it was a reset maybe the game reset all of the roles that were used night 2 the first time? That's probably more likely.
You're acknowledging the doc here, which is Alucard from his claim, and doc's gotta be town that'd be damn weird if not but yet you're getting a null read on him is there any reason for this or is it a vibe type-a thing?

Which means that there's no way to prove it without dying.

Look, I'm comparing your claim with the evidence I'm seeing. I accept that vanilla is possible, but I don't believe it to be likely. Even Saturn had a weird caveat based on his identity. I know you're pretty bland, but even that should warrant something.

We've had common roles like cop to uncommon roles like neighbors to a reseter, by the goddess.

A vanilla stands out amongst those as being so bland that it's noteworthy.
I understand what you're saying, however believe it or not I am vanilla. If you have anymore questions for me, please feel free to ask.

Do you trust me either because I'm vanilla-- no special nothing just the 'ability' to vote.

You're acknowledging the doc here, which is Alucard from his claim, and doc's gotta be town that'd be damn weird if not but yet you're getting a null read on him is there any reason for this or is it a vibe type-a thing?
Well we don't know if that's exactly what happened. I'd like to hear from Alucard if that was the case. If it was and his role got reset as well, then I wouldn't have such a null read on him.

About Oldbag, I feel like I should articulate what I was trying to say about the connection between Lightning Rod and Tracker before (a phase or two ago) better. The Lightning Rod could not attract the nightkill, we know that as a fact from the role PM. So it being able to attract doctor would have absolutely no benefit to town since it would not make for a sure-fire protection/NK target combo. Attracting the copcheck wouldn't be much help to town. Attracting a town!tracker wouldn't either since it would essentially waste 1x of it. All of these would make the Lightning Rod pretty much worthless as a town role.

BUT... attracting a scum tracker would. Tracker could be used by mafia to find power roles (or, as close to power roles as we've got in this game, underpowered as they are). Being able to attract that for a night to prevent scum from getting info would be pro-town. And that's if Oldbag is really a tracker at all, of course. I still fail to see any obvious connection with a lord of trolls and tracking. And if that's the case, then she's lying anyway.

VOTE: @Wendy Oldbag

-----------------------

Also, @Alucard. could you explain how your ability fits you? I did some research just to check on things, and I'm not really seeing it. But admittedly, I am not familiar with your history and had to rely solely on research. The lack of a death last night makes me believe you probably are the doctor and thus town, but I suppose it is possible scum!Alucard could have no-killed purposely to lead us to accept his doctor claim (thinking he protected someone) or that scum wanted to confuse us with a purposeful no-kill in general (as ridiculous a move as I think that would be for scum).

And if the latter were true, I think that'd be somewhat incriminating for Yellow Guy since he pointed out the possibility of inactive scum, perhaps to lead us down that line of thinking. But if he and Oldbag are scum, then he was really quick to vote her this phase, which makes it hard to tell who would be scumbuddies with whom.

Maybe he raises them as a vampire townee instead of having them outright die?

However, Alucard already said that he used up all of his doctor charges.

Maybe he raises them as a vampire townee instead of having them outright die?

However, Alucard already said that he used up all of his doctor charges.
He did but if the phase reset ended up resetting all of the roles that were used night 2, then he had another charge.

Ah, that's right. Hard to keep track of things with time being all wobbly-wobbly.

About Oldbag, I feel like I should articulate what I was trying to say about the connection between Lightning Rod and Tracker before (a phase or two ago) better. The Lightning Rod could not attract the nightkill, we know that as a fact from the role PM. So it being able to attract doctor would have absolutely no benefit to town since it would not make for a sure-fire protection/NK target combo. Attracting the copcheck wouldn't be much help to town. Attracting a town!tracker wouldn't either since it would essentially waste 1x of it. All of these would make the Lightning Rod pretty much worthless as a town role.

BUT... attracting a scum tracker would. Tracker could be used by mafia to find power roles (or, as close to power roles as we've got in this game, underpowered as they are). Being able to attract that for a night to prevent scum from getting info would be pro-town. And that's if Oldbag is really a tracker at all, of course. I still fail to see any obvious connection with a lord of trolls and tracking. And if that's the case, then she's lying anyway.

VOTE: @Wendy Oldbag

-----------------------

Also, @Alucard. could you explain how your ability fits you? I did some research just to check on things, and I'm not really seeing it. But admittedly, I am not familiar with your history and had to rely solely on research. The lack of a death last night makes me believe you probably are the doctor and thus town, but I suppose it is possible scum!Alucard could have no-killed purposely to lead us to accept his doctor claim (thinking he protected someone) or that scum wanted to confuse us with a purposeful no-kill in general (as ridiculous a move as I think that would be for scum).

And if the latter were true, I think that'd be somewhat incriminating for Yellow Guy since he pointed out the possibility of inactive scum, perhaps to lead us down that line of thinking. But if he and Oldbag are scum, then he was really quick to vote her this phase, which makes it hard to tell who would be scumbuddies with whom.
Lol I lead you on with the inactive bit and expected you to believe it? I didn't even believe the inactive theory myself but like I said, figured I'd mention just in case. I even said it was more likely that the roles reset since a person was revived and I assume the Mafia got their kill back.

Vote: Wendy Oldbag

As I said before I could see one of the mafia being vanilla, I dunno. I'm not doubting either vanilla's role or anything... but I'm not about trustin' Alucard's ability either. Guess all we can do for now is see what Oldbag turns up as.

Would you look at that? It is past time for another vote count.
I would have counted the votes at the halfway mark, but I was busy at work counting beans.

In any case, let us all once again count the votes.

Wendy Oldbag: Four! Four Votes! (Yellow Guy, Adam Stanheight, Roy Mustang, Mr. Resetti)

Yellow Guy: One! One Vote! (Garrus Vakarian)

The phase will end in 19 hours and 37 minutes.

AH AH AH AH AH!!!
*thunderclaps*

but I'm not about trustin' Alucard's ability either.
Why's that? There seems to be some doubt as far as Alucard goes and whatnot and truthfully I'd love to just see him pop up in thread to clear that up because it kinda makes it difficult to just blindly trust him but I'm also more inclined to believe him rather than not because... well... it makes sense. What with what happened and all. Plus I can see him thinking I was cop D1 and choosing to protect me N1 due to that fact (still deserves a shout out for that thanks man).

Night 3 start

"We need to get it together! This one here, she may look like an oldbag but she actually is the Lord of the Trolls! We have to lynch him!"

Dear Lord of the Trolls Wendy Oldbag, you are the Jack-Of-All-Trades (1x Ninja, 1x Framer, 1x Roleblocker). You can use each power one night phase in the game, but only up to one power per night

Ninja lets you perform the factional kill without being detected from Trackers/Watchers.
Framer selects a person; they will show up as mafia to any copchecks that night.
Roleblocker selects a person; they may be unable to use their night action that night.

You are allied with the Mafia and win when all factions opposing you are eliminated while at least one member of your faction is alive.
Wendy Oldbag was lynched. She was the Mafia JOAT (1x Ninja, 1x Framer, 1x Roleblocker)

It is now Night 3. It will end in 24 hours (+20 minutes) or sooner if all night actions are sent in quickly.
Apologies for the late update once again...

sticker,220x200-pad,220x200,ffffff.u3.jpg

I suppose then it's time to lay low for the night and await the coming of the day. Which, if this were the Citadel, wouldn't be a problem because they leave the artificial sun on all day.

Very nice that we've finally hit our mark. I knew that tracker claim didn't make sense with what we've seen, but I never expected that set of JOAT abilities on scum. Ninja is weird since we've got no indication of an actual tracker existing.

Now, I know I was a bit rough with you @Yellow Guy in regards to this theory, but seeing Oldbag turn up as scum and the fact that she was very quiet after the phase reset (not posting once, if I remember correctly), could we actually be dealing with inactive scum having caused the lack of a death last night like you'd speculated? We don't know if Oldbag was communicating behind the scenes or not, but if inactive scum is what we've got, then I'd almost have to say that Alucard is our other mafia. Alucard has been strangely quiet and did not post at all last day phase, which is strange enough. He was here at night 2 however. But it is possible that neither scum actually put in a kill/forgot/meant to later but never did. I don't know, there's no solid evidence... but it is a strange coincidence. And it's a "coincidence" that would make Alucard look good because of his doctor ability coupled with the phase reset. Combine that with Alucard having voted Mr. Saturn over Trolls on D2, trying to push the Resetti lynch in the original D3 (even after he had claimed) when Oldbag subbed in + not having voted at all in the new D3, along with doctor making no sense for his history or lore...

@Mr. Resetti
Is it allowed for you to explain your ability more? Do you know if your phase reset would reset the abilities used during the effected phase? Or is that not mentioned at all in your role PM?

---------

Additionally, I had seen this as looking bad for Yellow Guy before, but remember Wendy Oldbag's "suspicion" of Alucard and Yellow Guy? She had to know that she was going to have a difficult time working her way out of being lynched by that point, subbing into a highly-suspected slot with votes already on her. She made sure to mention that she found Alucard suspicious (along with Yellow Guy, but she actually gave quotes for Alucard) but never acted on it and instead voted Resetti. She may have wanted to make them seem as disconnected as possible.

We can be pretty certain that scum is in the group of Yellow Guy/Adam Stanheight/Alucard. And at this point, I'm thinking it may be Alucard with the ability making no sense for Alucard and the way that the no-kill happened. Yellow Guy has been pretty steadfast in voting Trolls/Oldbag early in at least two phases, and I don't think scum would be so reckless with a scumbuddy (especially not the first time). Adam has also been an early voter of that slot in all relevant phases, though he did remove his vote on D2... but with the way that brought attention to him + how a no-lynch would've probably been just as effective for scum without adding suspicion, I think that looks good for him too.

Basically, I wanted to get my thoughts out in case I die. I think Alucard is the remaining threat in light of Oldbag's alignment.

Based on the cast we have assembled here and the powers they were assigned based on their backgrounds...

There is no one here qualified to be a doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom