• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Sockpuppet Mafia 2016 - Endgame (TOWN WIN) - 10/16/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I was going to wait to do this until we had some more facts, but I'm apparently in a Yellow Guy phase right now.

I'm seeing a lot of finger pointing and accusations being flung around from Yellow Guy but everyone seems to be questioning it. It gives the impression of a dead man floundering for some final safe minutes of life.

VOTE YELLOW GUY

Normally I'd be quick to continue pressing Alucard, but there's something that happened here that makes me second guess myself again. Alucard's last post in the night showed his suspicions for Resetti, and then Resetti died. If he was Mafia he could have pressed for a lynch in the day or he wouldn't have made a comment about his suspicions when he was about to kill him.

It feels like it had too much danger to be countered in the day phase for it to be a sound strategy. I'll hold off on pressing Alucard for now.

Post 223

And, for some reason I can't add you guys to my PM with Adam. But he can confirm I posted what was said. Unless he ca invite you guys to the convo some how.

I'll add everyone to the convo if that's what they want? But yeah, what was posted was what was said. So it really isn't necessary per se unless you guys just wanna confirm it or somethin.

Anyway I looked at post 223 and I still fail to see the point you're trying to make. No where in that post did he actually say he found me straight-up suspicious-- we were talking about the doc having a 2x and the cop only being a 1x. I am pretty confused here unless I'm looking at the wrong post or misreading it big time.

I never said he found you suspicious. I said he questioned you.

I'm not even sure if that qualified as questioning me as a subject tbh, we were really just debating why a doc would get a 2x rather than cop.

I knew a doctor who only showed up twice. Really nice. Bought me chocolates every now and then. A shame she died on the Citadel when the Reapers took over.

And yeah I have no problem adding you to the convo. I didn't tinker with anything if that's what you're worried about.
Thank you for adding me; I see that the conversation did in fact exist and was legitimate.
And while Adam never voted Saturn, he indirectly was responsible for his lynch. If he kept his vote on the person he suspected, Saturn would still be alive and we would've got Wendy from the weird claim.
Yes, Adam is technically indirectly responsible for his lynch, but I don't know that we would've gotten Trolls out. Alucard says that he would have voted Trolls to force that lynch had the tie kept up, but that's a variable that we don't know for certain.
And it was just something about Resetti's inactivity that made him trustworthy to me. I know inactivity is supposed to (and usually does) have the opposite effect but at that time, I basically felt like I couldn't trust anyone in the game. So I turned to someone who was just there and hoped they weren't scum. It was risky, but you got to take risks sometimes.
I have to be honest, this explanation makes no sense to me. Not trusting anyone... yet putting your faith in someone who hadn't posted a whole lot to have an opinion on one way or another? Maybe I could understand if you had thought that Resetti's inactivity might be indicative of him being cop, but just that the simple fact that he was quiet being what led you to find him most trustworthy isn't very logical to me.

VOTE: Yellow Guy

No answers have satisfied me, and at this point I'm actually willing to accept both Adam and Alucard being more likely town over Yellow Guy. I think the odds are in our favor for this one.

Sure, if you think it'll help. We could always use more bad guys voting for their deaths. Would have saved a lot of trouble with Cerberus if the Illusive Man had realized how insane he was.

Not bad and not a guy.

Vote: Yellow Guy
Hopefully, what happened this phase really does help the town when it comes to LYLO next day. Get Adam. He's not a clean vanilla bud.

Goodbye friends.

Greetings, it is I, your official vote tallier, the Count, here for breaking news, and if you broke it, you have to pay for it!

Yellow Guy has Four! Four Votes! (Adam Stanheight, Garrus Vakarian, Roy Mustang, Yellow Guy).

A Hyper Majority has been achieved.

Voting is now locked.

Night 4 start

Facing the accusations of his peers, the Yellow Guy chickened out and decided to end it all. He hoped that his sacrifice would help the town achieve their victory...perhaps he wasn't so yellow after all.

Dear Yellow Guy, you are Vanilla. Your only power is your vote so use it wisely.

You are allied with the Town and win when all factions opposing you are eliminated while at least one member of your faction is alive.
Yellow Guy was lynched. They were a Vanilla Townie.

It is now Night 4. It will end in 24 hours...or whenever Zexilina says it ends.

Thank you for updating in my absence. I knew I could Count on you.

23 hours (-4 minutes) left in the phase... unless all night actions are sent earlier.

Fuck sorry Yellow puppet guy. Shit... I guess.... we really could've been vanilla buds after all. This sucks big time. But I mean now we know who to go after, right? That's... something. We gotta avenge all those that have fallen, this is crazy. I mean I'm outta candy, there's still no drinks, I'm freaking out here.

Since I've received no response- to whoever survives the night phase-please don't go immediately voting me thus ending the game since Adam will hammer. I'm currently at work and have been all day, an have been busy since after my last post yesterday. I would like to be able to build myself a defense because I have stuff I would like to point out in my defense. I can't do this till after work though.

Day 5 start

Garrus Vakarian was found dead the next morning. They knew too much... why do I feel like we've been through this again?

Dear Garrus Vakarian, you are the 1x Cop. Once in the game, during the night phase, you can select a person and learn their alignment.

You are allied with the Town and win when all factions opposing you are eliminated while at least one member of your faction is alive.
Garrus Vakarian was killed. They were the Town 1x Cop

It is now Day 5. It will last 48 hours unless a HYPER-MAJORITY occurs.
With 3 players alive, 2 are needed for a HYPER-MAJORITY.
This IS the last day phase of the game.

So it all comes down to this phase... All right, I already have an idea of who I will probably be voting for various reasons. However, I intend to give everything a look again just to be sure I haven't overlooked anything game-changing.

But in the meantime, @Alucard. and @Adam Stanheight if you could please both explain why you are not mafia or just some kind of a defense, that would be great.

For something to respond to, I'll outline some of the reasons that first come to mind that both of you could be in my eyes.

Alucard:
- Notably was silent during the Wendy Oldbag lynch when we hit scum. On that topic, you acted critical of tracker not fitting Oldbag or Trolls... and yet you continued to push Resetti both after his claim and even somewhat after he reset the phase. The latter of which was immediately before he died, which may have been to look like you weren't responsible.
- Oldbag seemed to want to interact with you, which feels like distancing when she had to know she was going to be next on the chopping block when she subbed in.
- The no-kill on the new!N2 would only benefit you as mafia. True, you could have been doctor and got the protect right. But nobody still alive at that point would have been foolish enough - in my humble opinion - to try to kill Garrus-the-most-confirmed-town (and your supposed protect) when he was the likeliest choice to be protected and the phase was reset entirely. Nobody was inactive enough to make that a likely reason either. The person who would benefit from a purposeful no-kill would be you, to keep up the doctor charade at a point where town returned from the brink of disaster and you were being suspected.
- Despite your explanations, doctor still feels very off to me for you. Everything else we've seen has fit the person fairly well, but doctor feels forced. So you have people you need to protect? Many of us here do. I do. But I'm not doctor even though I'm not a blood-sucking vampire.
- Doctor claim was 2x, conveniently claimed at a time when two night phases had already passed.
- These last phases, you seemed to have become far more sheep-y in your votes, with little at all in the way of cases made.

Adam Stanheight:
- Unvoted Lord of the Trolls and essentially led to the death of the town Mr. Saturn.
- Claimed vanilla, when we have seen many, MANY vanillas and effectively-vanillas so far. Including myself, when you get right down to it with neighbor. And now we know that Yellow Guy was truly vanilla.
- Speaking of, you claimed to Yellow Guy early on in private, but did not in public for a while after that. Why to Yellow Guy, and why keep it a secret when you were telling someone anyway?
- Yellow Guy was adamant about you being scum, and you initiated the first vote on him the phase he was lynched. Could easily be considered an OMGUS.
- You are a photographer, which could make for something much more interesting than simply vanilla in a game with so many vanilla-esque roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom