• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Soft-Resetting for shinies!

Since I encountered Latios in the Dreamyard, I've been resetting for him. So far, I've only reset 15 times and gotten nothing. I don't know how often I'll do this as I'm also hunting a shiny Elekid but I think I'll try and reset at least a few times a day. (Continual resetting is mind numbing.)

Currently doing this in W2 for a shiny Snivy. Never had a shiny starter before, so I figured 'what the hell.' xD I'm on SR #20... hopefully it'll pop up relatively soon (i.e. weeks/days rather than months xD).

I'm not usually patient enough to even consider SRing for Shinies, but I have done so for a few Pokemon in the past. The first hunt I can recall is Bulbasaur in FireRed which I gave up on after stumbling upon a normal-coloured one with almost perfect IVs across the board, so I chose to raise that one. I also SR'd for a Shiny Latias from the Soul Dew event on SoulSilver, but my patience got the better of me on that occasion. However, I have always dreamed of having a Shiny Suicune on Pokemon Crystal, so I tried my luck with a hunt recently. It took many hundreds of resets to actually find one, but I ran out of Poke Balls to catch it with when it eventually appeared and I had to knock it out. I gave up for a few days before starting my hunt for another one, and a few weeks later I managed to find and successfully catch it!

20130502_200244_small.jpg 20130502_195016_small.jpg 20130502_214754_small.jpg

I usually do a International (jap version) parent with own parent when I create eggs.

I have over 600 hours on my save file which I'd say is 400hours of just making eggs. I average about 30 hatches an hour (seriously if anyone can explain a fast none cheat hatch method I'd love to know it). I've had 1 shiny hatch and that was ironically not on a proper bred but just a DWF I was trying to quick bred for a friend and had no good stats. I usually change my shiny target if I happen to get a 4 maxed 31 IV right ability egg hatch and move onto the next project (I have almost 2 filed boxes of near flawless hatched non shinys).

Shiny topics where people claim to have do 800 eggs in a day annoy me no end.

I’m trying to SR for a shiny charmander in Pokémon leaf green, I’ve been at it for about 2 weeks and I’m starting to think that you can’t SR for a shiny. I’m losing faith guys help me restore my faith lmao

You can get shiny starters in FRLG I've seen many videos on it. I'm going to SR for shiny Uxie and maybe Azelf when I get either Platinum or Diamond.

I’m trying to SR for a shiny charmander in Pokémon leaf green, I’ve been at it for about 2 weeks and I’m starting to think that you can’t SR for a shiny. I’m losing faith guys help me restore my faith lmao
You absolutely can, but you're looking at a chance of 1/8192. The odds are rather stacked against you, but it can be done.

I was able to SR for a shiny Lugia while playing SoulSilver years ago. It took me weeks and I almost missed it; I had a massive headache the day I was resetting and if I hadn't heard the sparkle, I may have reset again!

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom