• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Solo Run

Reaction score
Sometimes I like to play the games using only one Pokémon to see what I was missing in the main game because I tend to set down with 5 Pokémon (sixth space is for evolutions), and I was wondering, considering Legends's weird mechanics, if it was possible to beat the game like that...

Maybe only catching quest Pokémon or something?

Yes, it is mandatory to catch Pokemon in the story, as you need to rank up to unlock new areas, and ranking up is only achieved by completing Pokemon tasks which are only recorded after you catch the Pokemon. It's better to catch as many Pokemon as possible in order to progress.

In youtube there's some speedruns which have some advices on how to optimize time, but I personally find them too complicated and I think it's easier to play the game the way it's intended to.

While you’re required to catch a relatively large number of Pokémon to advance the story, I think it’s entirely possible to limit your party to 1 for all trainer battles and for bosses like the Nobles. The really hard part is dealing with certain incredibly tough trainer battles, including some where you’re expected to battle several Pokémon at once with only one of your own. This could prove to be a challenge even with a very tanky Pokémon, especially if you’re the kind of person who wants to keep your solo battler at or around the same level as your NPC opponents.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom