• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Some asshole just set fire to Kyoto Animation

Reading more also mentions he was in prison before for robbing a convenience store, so this guy was already an asshole before. I'm hoping he just stays in prison, this crime is inexcusable.
This is absolutely horrible. I hope the guy responsible is kept in jail forever.
Well, Japan still has the death penalty. So, uh, yeah. That's probably not going to happen, for what it's worth.

Nothing is going to bring back what was lost, though. Not only the lives, they apparently lost everything, physical and digital. Not too into watching anime, but they made a surprising amount of things I'm at least familiar with, most notably to me Full Metal Panic. Some people are just...ugh.

Well, Japan still has the death penalty. So, uh, yeah. That's probably not going to happen, for what it's worth.

Nothing is going to bring back what was lost, though. Not only the lives, they apparently lost everything, physical and digital. Not too into watching anime, but they made a surprising amount of things I'm at least familiar with, most notably to me Full Metal Panic. Some people are just...ugh.
Him getting put on death row is fine with me tbh.

KyoAni was also one of the better animation studios that didn't overwork and underpay their staff from what I've read, and one of my favorite series, Free!, was made by them too. It's sad that these people are just going about their day at work and suddenly this happens, and apparently there are some workers that are still missing, all because of this guy.

Thank you everyone I know two people hurt in this fire I just got confirmed one of them has passed away. May God bless his soul and grant his family peace.

This is the official fundraiser I understand if you are unable to give but even $1 means so much.

Click here to support Help KyoAni Heal organized by Sentai Filmworks

I avoided this thread as it makes me cry but @RC821 thank you so much for making the thread. Wonderful to see Anime fans rally round like this I assure you once the shock is gone it will mean much to the staff.

That and the security system was actually down the day of the fire due to having visitors coming in to make it less of a hassle, and seeing as how Aoba had been splashing flammable liquid on all entrances/exits and people when he ran in to set the fire, it sadly would've been too late for any security to react regardless.

I don't believe I've watched any works made by KyoAni (I'm more of a manga person), but this is still devastating news and my condolences go out to all those who have lost or were injured over this heinous act. I can only now wish for a good recovery for those who were injured and a very thorough investigation into this.

I don't believe I've watched any works made by KyoAni (I'm more of a manga person), but this is still devastating news and my condolences go out to all those who have lost or were injured over this heinous act. I can only now wish for a good recovery for those who were injured and a very thorough investigation into this.

I’m sure you’ll have seen something they publish a lot of light novels and “slice of life” Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star, K-On!, Clannad, Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions, Nichijou, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid and Sound! Euphonium to name my favourites...

Basically if it’s set in school and it has kawaii moe girls then it’s most likely KyoAni.

I have to be honest with you, I am extremely picky about the anime and manga I engage with, to the point where I only have a couple mainstream/popular faves and the rest are all obscure. (I'm not a hipster I swear.) So a lot of those series you just listed I have not actually watched/read. I have heard of some of those works though.

Besides, the series that KyoAni did isn't what's important. This would still be just as heartbreaking if it were any other studio, or even a non-anime company.

Thank you everyone I know two people hurt in this fire I just got confirmed one of them has passed away. May God bless his soul and grant his family peace.

This is the official fundraiser I understand if you are unable to give but even $1 means so much.

Click here to support Help KyoAni Heal organized by Sentai Filmworks

I avoided this thread as it makes me cry but @RC821 thank you so much for making the thread. Wonderful to see Anime fans rally round like this I assure you once the shock is gone it will mean much to the staff.
woah. i'm so sorry.

I’m sure you’ll have seen something they publish a lot of light novels and “slice of life” Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star, K-On!, Clannad, Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions, Nichijou, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid and Sound! Euphonium to name my favourites...

Basically if it’s set in school and it has kawaii moe girls then it’s most likely KyoAni.
I have to be honest with you, I am extremely picky about the anime and manga I engage with, to the point where I only have a couple mainstream/popular faves and the rest are all obscure. (I'm not a hipster I swear.) So a lot of those series you just listed I have not actually watched/read. I have heard of some of those works though.

Besides, the series that KyoAni did isn't what's important. This would still be just as heartbreaking if it were any other studio, or even a non-anime company.
Free! (also known as "the swimming anime") is also created by KyoAni. It was hugely popular the year it came out and it has a massive fandom.

That aside, from what I've heard on social media, people are supporting KyoAni by watching the Free! movie adaptation that's currently in theaters.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom