• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Some asshole just set fire to Kyoto Animation

Sigh.

I am serious. I have not watched anything produced by KyoAni.

But just because I haven't watched any of their works, it doesn't mean I can't still be sad and perturbed by this heinous attack.
Me neither. It was until a few days ago I discovered they made Clannad, an anime that my sister enjoyed. Sadly, I can't donate because I don't have a credit card.

re: the GoFundMe, this was posted to it today

TODAY
by Sentai Filmworks, Organizer
Dear Supporters and Followers,

As you may already know, Kyoto Animation has opened an account to receive donations which they’ve shared via their official website (京都アニメーションホームページ). We have been in contact with their representatives in Japan to finalize the details of delivering your generous donations made through this GoFundMe drive to the victims and their families.

Together we started this movement to help those in need. And together we’ve far exceeded that original goal with over $2 million in donations raised.

Even though the fundraising phase of this drive will conclude at the end of July, we won’t rest until your contributions reach the KyoAni victims and their families in a direct and meaningful way.

Donations made through this GoFundMe drive will not be touched until the details for distribution have been confirmed. We will continue working with KyoAni’s appointed representative and we will continue to provide updates as they become available. An update on this has been shared by KyoAni’s legal counsel through their social channel in Japanese (
View: https://twitter.com/DaisukeP/status/1154181288183521280
).

There are no words to describe the outpouring of love and appreciation our community has for the Kyoto Animation family. They know the world is supporting them, and we are dedicated to continuing that support in the days to come.

Thank you,
John Ledford
Sentai Filmworks
President

So in other words, they've figured/worked out the logistics of it.

In other news, I heard that one of the people unaccounted for is the Full Metal Panic Fumofuu/Second Raid direction; his father posted that he hasn't been able to get into contact with him since the incident. So, yeah. :/

re: the GoFundMe, this was posted to it today

So in other words, they've figured/worked out the logistics of it.

In other news, I heard that one of the people unaccounted for is the Full Metal Panic Fumofuu/Second Raid direction; his father posted that he hasn't been able to get into contact with him since the incident. So, yeah. :/

Thank you for posting

Also no one has to feel bad for not having watched any of their shows. Different strokes for different folks I just love love love slice of life.

Two of our girls have autism and I honestly think Anime helps them. My husband seems to think it’s the very obvious emotion displays it’s easier for them to understand. KyoAni is just so wholesome (maybe not Dragon Maid lol)

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom