• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Some custom-ish VS Sprites. D:

Faye Scarlet

total eclipse of the heart
Reaction score
Customish VS sprites I made last night. I know they're god-awful, but still look a little bit good. 8D; So, if anyone is quite good at VS sprites, do let me know how I can improve!

Anyways...these VS Sprites are based off of my versions of Pokemon heroes, as well as an OC Waiter named Chris, who I am playing via hacks in my HeartGold emurom. I'll list them in alphabetical order...

VSChris.png

Chris the waiter. Will have full art on my dA...when I can use Photoshop again. ._. I used some of Jasmine's VS Sprite to make this, but the clothes, tray, and Pokeballs are all handmade.

KrisVSSprite.png

This is obviously Kris, as I interpret her and how she appears in my story during the "DPPt" arc of it. I think her brow is too wide and oddly shaped, but not TOO bad, right? 8D; I spliced the eyes of Ethan's VS Sprite, but free-handed the pose based off of his. Clothes, scarf, and hat are all custom.

LeafVSSprite.png

The FRLG hero, who I call Leaf. D: As he appears in the "DPPt" arc of my story. Not a perfect recolor just yet, but the hair and arm is free-handed.

LinkVSSprite.png

Finally is the Emerald hero, who I call Link. D: Again, how he appears in the DPPt arc of my story. Face very much based off of Whitney's VS Sprite, but all else is a custom job. I think this is my best one so far...

So...how do they look? D: What advice can I take to become better at this?

Very good sprites. I wish I was able to make own made (parts of) sprites in stead of just editing 'em.

I can scratch parts but they dont come out well Example:my avatar

The only scratch sprite I ever made was a broken ketchup bottle:
picture.php

Kris is a bit too dark...all righty, I'll try to brighten them up! D:

I think they're a bit too 3D-ish. To compare, here is one of yours next to an official one:
VSChris.png
VSBlue.png

See the difference? And Leaf looks like something from XD. Try making them a bit flatter. But apart from that they're good. I would never attempt VS sprites.

Re: Some custom-ish sprites. D:

Okay, thanks for your advice! D8 Here are some more eyesores to look at OTL

Backsprite for Leaf. D:
LEAFbacksprite.png

And an improved-ish VS Sprite for Leaf! I think it looks much better than last time.
LEAFvssprite-1.png

Back
Top Bottom