• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Some Pokemon fanart and fakemon~ Now also with requestable crossbreeds!

Re: Some Pokemon fanart and fakemon~

O_O Your art is amazing! I love how you colour them and... I'm pretty sure you drew better when you were ten than I do now when I'm 16 X)

Seriously, I love everything on this thread ^^

Wow I have to say I love your choices of medium. Your Fakemon are also fantastic. I'm terrible with traditional art compared to working with Photoshop. And your Fakemon evolutions for exisiting Pokemon look like they could be actual Pokemon. I especially love the Pachirisu evolution as I was disappointed it didn't get any evolutions in the games. Your style and coloring reminds me of Sugimori's coloring style, especially the washed out colors of his older works.

Keep it up! I'd love to see you do a Reshiram.

Hi, I'm back! Wow, this thread has been dead for a good while. But no worries, I have time during the summer and I'm hopefully going to draw a lot!

Wow I have to say I love your choices of medium. Your Fakemon are also fantastic. I'm terrible with traditional art compared to working with Photoshop. And your Fakemon evolutions for exisiting Pokemon look like they could be actual Pokemon. I especially love the Pachirisu evolution as I was disappointed it didn't get any evolutions in the games. Your style and coloring reminds me of Sugimori's coloring style, especially the washed out colors of his older works.
Thank you for such a long comment! :3 I'm really glad I decided to stay working with colored pencils, even though they can sometimes be painful, especially with backgrounds. It's nice to hear that my fakemon are liked, too~ I usually work only with (pre-/) evolutions though, since I can't make completely new ones to looks like real Pokemon.

Two new pictures today:
deviantid_by_tyltalis-d3l6vj9.jpg

An ID for Deviantart (resized a lot smaller than the original). I've been wanting to draw a self-potrait for I while, and I finally got it done! I'm pleased with the result, I tried to make the proportions pretty realistic and make me look like myself. It's always fun to draw my own clothes, but this one was a bit tricky with a different king of texture. The scanner made the whole picture pretty light-colored, so the skin burned to white a little when I tried to get adjust the colors.

vanillite_by_tyltalis-d3l6wzb.jpg

Vanillite gets too little love. I find its animated sprite adorable. <3 Unlike most people, I don't mind the ice cream line, but I think it would be better if the middle stage didn't exist.

And last, an announcement: I thought I would get back to doing Pokemon crossbreeds that I used to do a lot a couple years ago. I've realized that I can sketch them pretty quickly, but it takes time for me to actually ink and color it. So I thought that I could let you guys request me which Pokemon to cross, and I would have to sketch and scan them in one week. If I can't get the design to work well, I'll post it anyway so I don't get stuck on one picture. If I happen to get a flood of requests, then I guess I have to restrict this a little. But for now, I hope you can give me something to work with! The only restriction about the crossed Pokemon is that they have to be able to breed (=be in the same egg group), because that's how I do things. :p

I haven't linked any of my old crossbreeds in here, so I guess I'll post a few:
Crossbreeds__Electrice_x_Shinx_by_Tyltalis.jpg

Crossbreeds__CharizardGarchomp_by_Tyltalis.jpg

Crossbreeds_Lucario_x_Medicham_by_Tyltalis.jpg

Wow, these are good! I like the cross-breeds, (I've always tried and failed at it -_-') and the rest are good too. (Sorry for derpy comment, if it is)

Really nice pictures! I've seen some of them on dA. c: <3 Your really good.

Wow, these are good! I like the cross-breeds, (I've always tried and failed at it -_-') and the rest are good too. (Sorry for derpy comment, if it is)
Thank you! :3 No comment is derpy, it's always better to comment than not say anything (since I want to know what people think ;))~

Really nice pictures! I've seen some of them on dA. c: <3 Your really good.
Thanks~ <3 Cool that you have seen me in DA too. :D

No requests yet? :< Awww. Well I drew some hybrids anyway!

crossbreeds__combuskenxdewott_by_tyltalis-d3ne9x7.jpg

Dewott x Combusken. This one's for silverbirch's contest on DA, where you had to design a mascot for a new Pokemon hybrid group (which I of course intend to join :D). I drew all kinds of things, and I liked this one a lot. It's always difficult to decide the colors though, grayscale sketch looks always the best. :p I'll try to design a pre-evo and an evolution for this one later. I already tried Torchic x Oshawott, but it looks so... derpy. >_>

crossbreeds__zorua_x_ponyta_by_tyltalis-d3nebjo.jpg

Ponyta x Zorua. You could have more than one entry for the contest, so this is my second entry. I just got a sudden inspiration when I noted that Zorua and Ponyta could breed. I guess it could be called Zonyta? :p It's a Dark/Fire type, of course. Evolution to come later.

Don't forget that for now, I take requests for crossbreed sketches! :D

Don't forget that for now, I take requests for crossbreed sketches! :D

Oooh Oooh!

Purloin x Cyndaquil (Fire kitteh!)

Oooh Oooh!

Purloin x Cyndaquil (Fire kitteh!)

Yay, first person to request! :D I was surprisingly fast with this one, so here it is:
purquil.jpg

Sorry that it became so dark, I tried to make the dark color be more purple-shaded than with Cyndaquil, but it didn't really come through that well.

An Elgyem-Mienfoo Hybrid! Or a Mienfoo-Pawniard Hybrid! That would make me very happy. I love your work!

Oh my goodness! That Misdream was so CUUUUTE!!! XD

btw, can I ask for a request? I'd like to see Ralts X Buneary

An Elgyem-Mienfoo Hybrid! Or a Mienfoo-Pawniard Hybrid! That would make me very happy. I love your work!
Thanks a lot! Sorry that it took a bit longer. I tried both, but so far I only finished Elgyem x Mienfoo:
mielgy_001.jpg

I hope you like it!

Oh my goodness! That Misdream was so CUUUUTE!!! XD

btw, can I ask for a request? I'd like to see Ralts X Buneary
Thanks! I prefer to cross Pokemon from the same Egg group, but I'll try this one anyway. :)

This is awesome! I'm entirely satisfied with only one mix, but if you want to make the other one, that would be great. But really, your drawings are fantastic. Keep drawing!

Wow I love your style (traditional rules!) and that you create your own Pokemon too. I'm not good at duplicating existing Pokemon like you, so I only make my own now, and also love seeing other ideas. Makes me sad I don't have a scanner!

This is awesome! I'm entirely satisfied with only one mix, but if you want to make the other one, that would be great. But really, your drawings are fantastic. Keep drawing!
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! I'm sorry that I haven't worked on the other one yet, for the reasons you'll see in this post.

Wow I love your style (traditional rules!) and that you create your own Pokemon too. I'm not good at duplicating existing Pokemon like you, so I only make my own now, and also love seeing other ideas. Makes me sad I don't have a scanner!
Thank you very much~ I understand the trouble of having no scanner, at one time our family didn't have one either and I had to go to my parents' working place to use scanner. Now when I live on my own I can luckily use University's scanner.

This reply comes a bit late, I was supposed to do it a long time ago. First, I redrew some of my old fire starter crossbreeds:
cyndchic.png

^Torchic x Cyndaquil
tormander.png

^Torchic x Charmander
cynder.jpg

^Charmander x Cyndaquil

If you're intrested, this is the 3 years old original sketch of the crossbreeds and their evolutions:
Crossbreeds__Fire_starters_by_Tyltalis.jpg
I'll try to draw clean pictures of them all eventually. Then I just have the Water and Grass starters to go... x__X

Other big news, I joined a Deviantart group called PMD-Explorers. They have missions in about every two months that you must complete with the team you've created. So right now Mission 3 is taking all my drawing time. Here's a picture of my team:
teamrowanberry.jpg

Chikorita is named Chloe, and the Mareep is Myra. Both are female. If you want to see the full application with their natures and moves, go here.

The mission I'm taking is a side mission, where Chill (a Rescuers guild leader) has posted a wanted poster of Gunpowder (a Rogues guild leader) and wants team to take his treasure to the Illusiory Woods. But there seems to be something wrong about Chill... I've already finishes 2 pages, but I have ten more to go. I'll see how I can last, especially when I have no experience of drawing comics before...
Page 1
team_rowanberry_m3_page_01_by_tyltalis-d46j0uy.jpg
Page 2
team_rowanberry_m3_page_02_by_tyltalis-d46j21b.jpg

Alright, I'll keep posting the pages here, in case someone actually reads them. xD Enjoy!

Everything is so cute!!! You are super talented, I just love your art. The fact that you draw and color almost everything in pencils is a plus too - it looks so soft and pretty :)
I specially loved your drawing of Vanillite!! It's puffing cold air, so cute XDD you draw the pokemons expressions so perfectly! The look on their faces makes one happy, too xD
And that last comic was amazing!!! I just love the way you color. LOL I'm out of words here, I can't seem to explain myself too eloquently, but what I mean is, I'm a big fan of your art XD I actually browsed through this entire thread just now! haha

Could you do a Spiritomb+Ralts evolution family crossbreed? You know, spinning green eyes and the like?

I read through this whole thread and was impressed with every drawing, and the comic thing you did was pretty good.

The Torchic-Charmander is super cute!
Thanks! :)

Everything is so cute!!! You are super talented, I just love your art. The fact that you draw and color almost everything in pencils is a plus too - it looks so soft and pretty :)
I specially loved your drawing of Vanillite!! It's puffing cold air, so cute XDD you draw the pokemons expressions so perfectly! The look on their faces makes one happy, too xD
And that last comic was amazing!!! I just love the way you color. LOL I'm out of words here, I can't seem to explain myself too eloquently, but what I mean is, I'm a big fan of your art XD I actually browsed through this entire thread just now! haha
Thank you very much, I really appriciate it~ :3 I'm actually quite surprised how populat the Vanillite picture became. I mean, I like it too, but it was so simple and quick to draw compared to lot of my pictures. But I'm really really glad that people enjoy my art so much! ^^

Could you do a Spiritomb+Ralts evolution family crossbreed? You know, spinning green eyes and the like?

I read through this whole thread and was impressed with every drawing, and the comic thing you did was pretty good.
Thanks! That sounds pretty interesting combination, I'll try it out! Sorry if it takes a while, right now I have a deadline to catch with the comic. ;)

Three next pages of the Mission 3 are here! Page 3 still has color, but after that I start to just shade with a regular pencil. I just don't have time to color everything. :<
Page 3:
team_rowanberry_m3_page_3_by_tyltalis-d478qg3.jpg
Page 4:
team_rowanberry_m3_page_04_by_tyltalis-d47r9zn.jpg
Page 5:
team_rowanberry_m3_page_05_by_tyltalis-d47rbb6.jpg

these are very cute and very well done I do say
I especially love how you color and shade its just so pretty ;w;

Back
Top Bottom