• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Some random Q's about Pokemon

kyuubi

Reaction score
I use to watch Pokemon frequently back in the day when it was just the 151 pokemon and red and blue for the gameboy. Since then I haven't really kept up so I just a few questions.

Did they ever open up the GS ball? What pokemon was in it?

Whats the deal with the pokemon over 151? I thought at one point nintendo or whoever has a say with Pokemon said they would stop at 151, now theres like 300+ or something. And now with the latest Pokemon they've restarted the numbering.

In the latest movie with Mew I was kind of confused. I tried listening to the podcast from #PM, but the fluctuating volume made it kind of hard to hear.

What I did hear was that the tree was alive or something which I gathered already. But what I don't get is are the tree and Mew somehow linked? Since Mew started to get sick as soon as the tree started to die.

Why did Lucario have to give Mew his life force I guess? to revive him and the tree?

Why did Lucario's previous master give Mew his life force just because there was a war? The tree looked fine in the flash backs.

Is Mew still considered the most powerful pokemon in the pokemon universe? There must be tons of other legendary pokemon by now.

I can answer some of your questions.

The GS ball was delivered by Ash to Kurt in Azalea Town in the Johto region. It was never opened and hasn't been mentioned since.

There are more than 151 pokemon because the game was so successful. Nintendo is milking it for all it's worth by making more and more sequels. That means more and more pokemon.

Questions? Answers!

Whew! You've missed out on quite a bit, kyuubi! I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can.

Did they ever open up the GS ball? What pokemon was in it?

No, they didn't. At last guess, the GS-ball is still with Kurt in Azalea Town, quite forgotten.

Whats the deal with the pokemon over 151? I thought at one point nintendo or whoever has a say with Pokemon said they would stop at 151, now theres like 300+ or something. And now with the latest Pokemon they've restarted the numbering.

Okay, there are quite a few questions there.

It was never credible that Nintendo would stop milking the cash cow of Pokémon when it was a fully-fledged craze. To keep the rubes interested requires new features as frequently as possible. Therefore, new Pokémon were introduced as part of the ecosystems of the province of Johto (152-251) and Houen (252-384) to encourage people to buy the games. It looks like the new Diamond- and Pearl-versions of the game will have their own unique species that will take the total number of species way over 400.

Of course, to promote the inter-player 'community' that is so important to the success of the Pokémon games, it is impossible to get all of the Pokémon while playing the game on your own.

With regards to the numbering, Johto and Kanto (the region where the Blue, Red and Yellow versions of the game are set) are actually part of one landmass. Therefore, many of the same species exist in both areas, so it is right that Professors Oak and Elm should use the same numbering systems for both regions. However, Houen (where Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald are set) is a seperate island continent, a bit like Australia. Consequently, species exist there that are found nowhere else. Although some Houen species do appear in other parts of the Pokémon world, the island is sufficiently unique for Professor Birch to use his own unique numbering system. For example, Pikachu, [HASHTAG]#025[/HASHTAG] in Kanto and Johto, is [HASHTAG]#156[/HASHTAG] in Houen.

Is Mew still considered the most powerful pokemon in the pokemon universe? There must be tons of other legendary pokemon by now.

I'm not sure that it is right to say that Mew was ever considered 'the most powerful' Pokémon. It is certainly a match, move-for-move with Mewtwo. However, other Pokémon (notably Unown) have proven to have similar or even greater power over time and space. The extraterrestrial Deoxys is a formidable fighting Pokémon the match of any native species and Celebi and Jirachi seem to be able to twist time and probability (respectively) at will.

Suffice to say that Mew is an ancient and powerful Pokémon, well able to defeat any conventional opponent and any Trainer, no matter how powerful.

Also, the old numbering is still seen in the National Dex, which seems to be being used more recently.

FabuVinny said:
Also, the old numbering is still seen in the National Dex, which seems to be being used more recently.

It's been in general use since around the time Colosseum and Fr/Lg came out. Before then, no-one had a clue WTF was up with the 185 missing Pokemon in R/S and even though the National Dex was obviously already there, using it meant that listing Pokemon for a Pokedex or whatever had you listing about 150+ Pokemon that you simply could not get before you got to the ones you could.

It's become standard now that all 386 Pokemon are available (although Celebi is STILL missing to 99% of the world).

Also, Ash and May finally have the National Dex themselves now - which resembles a DS a bit, oddly enough and it seems to be capable of informing them on some 4th Genners too - so chances are they'll be using the National Dex in the new land and, as you CAN pass over all your Pokemon from R/S/E/Fr/Lg into Diamond and Pearl - chances are we'll probably be using it too, if only after we've beaten the game proper for the first time.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom