• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Some Sorta Baton Pass Team. Yeah, that's what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

woops

Reaction score
So I put together a Baton Pass team. This is basically my first competetive team that I actually thought about, so I have no idea if it's decent/bad/good. That's why I'm putting it up. So Poof.
Help, or anything else would be appreciated.

Drifblim @ Leftovers
Ability: AfterMath
Nature: Calm
80 HP/252 SpD/176 Speed
~Baton Pass
~Substitute
~Calm Mind
~Shadow Ball

Leafeon @ Leftovers
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Leaf Guard
132 HP/160 Atk/216 Speed
~Leaf Blade
~Swords Dance
~Baton Pass
~Roar

Smeargle @ Shed Shell
Ability: Own Tempo
Nature: Jolly
96 HP/120 Def/40 SpD/252 Speed
~Spore
~Ingrain
~Substitute
~Baton Pass

Mr. Mime @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
Nature: Calm
252 HP/40 SpD/216 Speed
~Calm Mind
~Baton Pass
~Encore
~Psychic

Gliscor @ Lum Berry
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Nature: Timid
252 HP/196 SpD/60 Speed
~Rock Polish
~Swords Dance
~Taunt
~Baton Pass

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Adamant
252 Atk/60 SpA/196 Speed
~Close Combat
~Crunch
~Hidden Power (Ice)
~Bullet Punch

And there's that.

Maybe change smeargles Ingrain to Belly drum after a sub :) works nicely.

..or you know, DON'T DO THAT.
Smeargle is the only Pokémon that gets Ingrain + Baton Pass, which prevents you being phazed.

Speed passers are good to start with, because it ensures you get fast straight away. Perhaps Zapdos?

Instead of taunt on gliscor give it aincent power so you can do a little damage at least and it still has a chance of raising all of your stats

Instead of taunt on gliscor give it aincent power so you can do a little damage at least and it still has a chance of raising all of your stats

Taunt is useful to stop other Pokémon from Taunting you though, which can be devastating for a Baton Pass team.

It very much is devastating. I got taunted straight away my first match with this team. I also Wanted to get a Zapdos, but I'm not sure where I'll get that in-game. I'm also hoping that I can manage to use Encore instead on their stat-raising moves. Then I get free set-ups myself.

Oh, and I don't think that it's a very good idea (At all) to get rid of Ingrain. Whirlwind=Death.

It very much is devastating. I got taunted straight away my first match with this team. I also Wanted to get a Zapdos, but I'm not sure where I'll get that in-game. I'm also hoping that I can manage to use Encore instead on their stat-raising moves. Then I get free set-ups myself.

Oh, and I don't think that it's a very good idea (At all) to get rid of Ingrain. Whirlwind=Death.

if you have wi-fi you can use this very forum to try to get a good natured one. Try the trade coordination thread

That's my only problem. I don't have WiFi. Getting a Zapdos with decent IV's is going to be a problem. Otherwise I'd do quite a bit of trading, actually.

That's my only problem. I don't have WiFi. Getting a Zapdos with decent IV's is going to be a problem. Otherwise I'd do quite a bit of trading, actually.

I don't know about yours, but many local libraries, Starbucks, etc. have WiFi connections.

In any case, I don't especially like the EV spread on Leafeon. Why so bulky? Wouldn't a speedier set be preferable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom