• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Someone smokes a Windows Phone, and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noivern

Noivern noi!
Reaction score
I Won The Windows Phone Challenge, But Lost “Just Because” | Skatter Tech
I Won The Windows Phone Challenge, But Lost “Just Because” : technology

I excitedly thought I won out of pure luck. However, I was quickly told that I lost. I asked for a reason and was told Windows Phone won because “it displays the weather right there.” That was rather unclear. I showed her my device which also was showing off the same information with two side-by-side weather widgets on the center home screen. After pressing for a better reason, I was told that Windows Phone won “just because.”

After trying to push for a real answer since I clearly won the contest by their rules, another Microsoft Store employee (possibly a manager) came by after noticing me asking more questions. Thinking on his feet, he quickly gave a ridiculous out-of-thin-air reason that I need to display the weather of different cities in different states and that “my phone could not do that”.

I calmly and politely tried pointing out that I was absolutely never told about having to show off two different states, but at this point I realized there was no point in even attempting to argue since the Microsoft Store employees clearly had no intention of even potentially discussing the possibility of considering me the winner.

Most certainly, the contest didn't end well this time around. Personally, I have been keeping tabs on the Smoked by Windows Phone contests rolling out all over the world. I wonder whether this gaffe will be detrimental to the entire campaign, or will they just move on? I love the idea of the contests - I don't want to see it go because of an employee.

Also, it seems like they're ready to give a rematch.
https://twitter.com/#!/BenThePCGuy/status/184123838949359616

m9wMQ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom