• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sony Super Smash Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJoshua

Standing firm.
Reaction score
The time is now for the big PlayStation 3 game reveal!
October 31, 2011
Update article reminder for November 3rd

Paul Gale Network is proud to reveal one of PlayStation 3′s surprise games, but before I do, there are a couple of things that I won’t be putting in this article: the name of the game, publisher, developer, pictures, video, percent complete, and release date. That being said, the surprise game that I have for you is:

Sony’s equivalent of Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

This is real and this is awesome. The game plays on a 2D plane much like Smash Bros. does, with plenty of Sony branded characters making up the combatants. Just who are some of these playables? This isn’t a full revealing, so I’ll tell you the following: Kratos, Sly Cooper, Nathan Drake (Uncharted), Fat Princess, Parappa, Sweet Tooth, and Rico (Killzone).

The stages are vibrant and varied, just like in Smash Bros., and the style of play is geared towards people that like that series. Expect pretty colorful backgrounds (when appropriate), such as in Misty Island from Jak and Daxter and LittleBigPlanet. In the latter of the two, much like the game it stems from, there are all sorts of cool objects spawning all throughout your match, adding a lot of fan service to the level.

Get it? Street Fighter

Got it? James Bond

Good! Tron

As for the hints, the martial arts photo implied that it is a fighting game. The second picture represented a currently considered playable character not in group (James Bond). The third photo was about lights, flash, and big environments. Do note that this game’s final character lineup may change at any time and stages, balancing issues, etc. are still being worked on. I hope you all enjoyed the news. I will be sharing more in time.

The time is now for the big PlayStation 3 game reveal! — Paul Gale Network

Take this with a grain of salt, but Paul Gale has written articles for 1Up and CVG, so he does have some relations within the video game industry. And considering Sony's methods of operations recently concerning fan service and IPs this prospect may not be too far-fetched.

Would Microsoft go to the same route as well? I mean, I don't know how their version will work unless it's suppose to be an M-rated counterpart to SSB.

I think they're misusing the term "fanservice."

Loads of info since the beginning of the month.

PaulGaleNetwork has since elaborated on some points on this prospective game, with some info on a character lineup, and how the characters "special abilities" would be implemented. Also, other media outlets have started to disclose information they have gathered on this title; Superbot Entertainment revealed recently that it was in charge of designing a "combat-heavy multiplayer title for the PS3," and Chris Molina, a level designer for the aforementioned company, posted details and pictures (of Sweet Tooth, and coding for Kratos) about Title Fight on his Twitter account; there were removed shortly after.

http://shoryuken.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Sony-Smash-2-358x600.jpg

http://shoryuken.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Sony-Smash-3-600x358.jpg

Also, the "Michael" trailer has been described as the teaser trailer for this title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom