• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

sould I buy OR or AS?

OR or AS?

• OR

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • AS

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

minun1

Arceus has nothing on me
Reaction score
I am asking because I am planning on getting one, but I cannot get both.

All the decision ultimately comes down to is which version exclusive Pokemon you prefer--yeah the plot is different but it's basically the same structure just with different faces.

There's nothing to really decide it outside of that (the version exclusive mons and the team you face throughout) and that's your own choice, not something someone else can (or should) decide for you.

Here's the list of mons. Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

I myself picked OR, as I've always preferred Groudon to Kyogre and I liked the exclusive Pokemon a bit better. But really, that's what it all comes down to: whichever exclusive/mascot Legendary you prefer.

I think it's a matter of personal tastes, I don't think I could suggest you one of another. For example, I chose AS becasue I liked Team Aqua much more.

Version-exclusives can be a valid parameter, maybe. You can check them here.

Although if you are into competitive game, you may want to get Thundurus, AS exclusive. But then it's a very specific case: not everyone plays competitive, even among competitives not everyone uses Thundurus, and many competitive players have another ways to get the mons they need.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom