• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sounding Board 2.0 - Post & Discuss Your RP Ideas!

2. Some kind of Pokemon Academy RP where aspiring Gym Leaders are trained in the craft. A rather simplistic plot, just thought I'd try it.

This would be very cool. I feel like this could be very character-driven; depending on how the story is set up I'd be interested!

How about ...
pmsdschool.jpg

An actual pokemon academy?

Hey everyone! I ran a Final Fantasy themed roleplay over on a different form, but I lost the current data for where we were. I was thinking that maybe I could restart it over here? It stat based and rice are rolled for fights and stuff. Here's the thread on the other forum.

Hey everyone! I ran a Final Fantasy themed roleplay over on a different form, but I lost the current data for where we were. I was thinking that maybe I could restart it over here? It stat based and rice are rolled for fights and stuff.

While that's all well and good, rice dice rolling and stats get complicated extremely quickly. I'd say that story-/character-driven RPs are more popular in this section because everyone is capable of making a difference in it without having to worry about grind/stat limitations, etc. After all, this isn't a video game where these rules need to be in place to ensure a game's experience.

Of course, what you're doing sounds a little more like DnD. An extremely organized GM with a solid plan on how this system works, as well as the ability to communicate this system to your players in the most concise and least confusing way possible, will have no issue running it. I'd say that you could definitely try to do something with this, but it may be quite an undertaking for you.

Lovecraftian setting, anyone? Ancient evil alien gods, man.

So to all of you new people in the RP section, what kind of RPs would you like to see?

Journey RP is good but it's hard to keep it alive for a long time...

My problem with Journey RPs mostly is that it's kind of hard to keep the momentum going for them and there's not really much you can do in regards to innovative stuff, at the same time you could literally throw anything you want in there and it is easy for players to get along and such but again, it's really hard to keep interest going when it's just people walking around.

To be fair, I think journey Rps are fine, but I think they work better with smaller groups. Like maybe a PRP with 2 or 3 users. That way, you all can help each other plan out what's going on, the plot, etc. and it will be a rewarding effort for everyone.

For quite some time I've been itching for a high literate small RP where the plot unfolds years before or after the events of the main games. There's just so much worldbuilding to be done and the mere thought of a never-ending stream of wall of text gets me feeling all warm and mushy inside. Kinda difficult to find other people into that but if I ever did I'd be open to pretty much anything. Region doesn't matter, just give me that sweet realistic character development.

I am happy with all suggestions listed above.

I would be interested in joining a stat based RP with dice, etc though I have not played the Final Fantasy series.

Of course character based ones are cool too

Back
Top Bottom