• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Sounding Board 2.0 - Post & Discuss Your RP Ideas!

Calvin ッ

The Wildcard
Reaction score
I'd join either of those since they both sound pretty cool.

sableyed

ace hex maniac
Reaction score
2. Some kind of Pokemon Academy RP where aspiring Gym Leaders are trained in the craft. A rather simplistic plot, just thought I'd try it.
This would be very cool. I feel like this could be very character-driven; depending on how the story is set up I'd be interested!

Meyneth

Storm
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I ran a Final Fantasy themed roleplay over on a different form, but I lost the current data for where we were. I was thinking that maybe I could restart it over here? It stat based and rice are rolled for fights and stuff. Here's the thread on the other forum.

Yun

Our World Is Worth Fighting For
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I ran a Final Fantasy themed roleplay over on a different form, but I lost the current data for where we were. I was thinking that maybe I could restart it over here? It stat based and rice are rolled for fights and stuff.
While that's all well and good, rice dice rolling and stats get complicated extremely quickly. I'd say that story-/character-driven RPs are more popular in this section because everyone is capable of making a difference in it without having to worry about grind/stat limitations, etc. After all, this isn't a video game where these rules need to be in place to ensure a game's experience.

Of course, what you're doing sounds a little more like DnD. An extremely organized GM with a solid plan on how this system works, as well as the ability to communicate this system to your players in the most concise and least confusing way possible, will have no issue running it. I'd say that you could definitely try to do something with this, but it may be quite an undertaking for you.

Flaze

Don't Look Away
Reaction score
Are you saying you want to restart the RP here on Bulba?

Alolan Ninetales

Who is the fairest of them all?
Reaction score
It's hard to keep Rps going here, but I wish you the best of luck.

Yun

Our World Is Worth Fighting For
Reaction score
Lovecraftian setting, anyone? Ancient evil alien gods, man.

Flaze

Don't Look Away
Reaction score
You've been really Lovecraftian :O

Alolan Ninetales

Reaction score
So to all of you new people in the RP section, what kind of RPs would you like to see?

Calvin ッ

The Wildcard
Reaction score
Honestly, although many others dont like it, I love the journey RP's hosted here.

lovandra

Almost always on Tapatalk.
Reaction score
Journey RP is good but it's hard to keep it alive for a long time...

Flaze

Don't Look Away
Reaction score
My problem with Journey RPs mostly is that it's kind of hard to keep the momentum going for them and there's not really much you can do in regards to innovative stuff, at the same time you could literally throw anything you want in there and it is easy for players to get along and such but again, it's really hard to keep interest going when it's just people walking around.

Alolan Ninetales

Reaction score
To be fair, I think journey Rps are fine, but I think they work better with smaller groups. Like maybe a PRP with 2 or 3 users. That way, you all can help each other plan out what's going on, the plot, etc. and it will be a rewarding effort for everyone.

Sapphire

Lobotomy Enthusiast
Reaction score
For quite some time I've been itching for a high literate small RP where the plot unfolds years before or after the events of the main games. There's just so much worldbuilding to be done and the mere thought of a never-ending stream of wall of text gets me feeling all warm and mushy inside. Kinda difficult to find other people into that but if I ever did I'd be open to pretty much anything. Region doesn't matter, just give me that sweet realistic character development.

Reaction score
I am happy with all suggestions listed above.

I would be interested in joining a stat based RP with dice, etc though I have not played the Final Fantasy series.

Of course character based ones are cool too