• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sounding Board 2.0 - Post & Discuss Your RP Ideas!

I have an idea for an RP based on a fusion of Horror, The Mystery Dungeon and PokéPark Series, Shadow Pokémon, the Ultra Beasts and Type:Null/Silvally.

Inasmuch as a Giratina-Worshipping cult of Hypno and/or Alolan Marowak sacrifices a group of human children trying to summon their Mistress(Giratina is female in the RP) from their base in The House of Null(an attraction at the abandoned PokéPark, now overrun by ruin as a result of some great tragedy), killing a few, but some escape and are turned into amnesiac Pokémon because of *spoiler*, resulting in them banding together to form a witcher guild in order to hunt down the cult, undo the damage the cult has done, and ultimately, fight Giratina, Shadow *Spoiler*, and Shiny *Spoiler*. Only base Pokémon or baby ones allowed as playable: no Legendaries, No Mythicals, No Ultra Beasts, and no event-only forms of Pokémon. RP skills advised include:Money management, upper-middle Pokémon game knowledge, basic horror movie trope knowledge and a thirst to have fun.

Ideas/improvements?

Also guys, don't be afraid to post your sign ups! You'll never know unless you try, and it's better to have tried than to not try at all. :)

I've had this idea for a wrestling RP floating around in my head for a while now, and I'd like to know who'd be interested in it. Main thing to note is that it stems from an earlier crossover RP idea I posted in this thread before. I'm also looking for a co-GM to be the primary booker and RP as the on-screen authority figure. I do have the details pretty much figured out, but I do still need a few things determined: the name of the promotion (and therefore the name of the RP), and the names of the four championships. They are, in the simplest terms, the main event title (think the WWE Championship), the mid-card title (think the WWE Intercontinental Championship), the tag team titles, and the women's championship. All I can really say for the name is that it does need to be at least three words that make a simple acronym. And do know that it's a multiverse crossover, so generally, most signups only need brief information and a link to more detailed info, like a wiki page or the signup for another RP; the only time you'd need to make a detailed signup is for a new OC, primarily being from Universe 1 (the "home universe), but not limited to it.

Would anyone be interested in a leisurely type Pokemon RP where it's a group of friends traveling through the Pokemon world with their Pokemon, exploring the world and whatnot? Maybe a coming of age type thing.

I already posted the sign ups for this but I'll tell you my idea: a ragtag group of Pokemon trainers brought together by fate (who is an actual entity in this roleplay. Wether it's arceus or mew or something else entirely has yet to be decided) must now fight evil villains and protect the world from danger. This all takes place one year after red defeats team rocket and dissapears. The first arc involves glitch Pokemon, other dimensions, and a mysterious yet to be seen crime syndicate.

I have an idea for an RP based on a fusion of Horror, The Mystery Dungeon and PokéPark Series, Shadow Pokémon, the Ultra Beasts and Type:Null/Silvally.

Inasmuch as a Giratina-Worshipping cult of Hypno and/or Alolan Marowak sacrifices a group of human children trying to summon their Mistress(Giratina is female in the RP) from their base in The House of Null(an attraction at the abandoned PokéPark, now overrun by ruin as a result of some great tragedy), killing a few, but some escape and are turned into amnesiac Pokémon because of *spoiler*, resulting in them banding together to form a witcher guild in order to hunt down the cult, undo the damage the cult has done, and ultimately, fight Giratina, Shadow *Spoiler*, and Shiny *Spoiler*. Only base Pokémon or baby ones allowed as playable: no Legendaries, No Mythicals, No Ultra Beasts, and no event-only forms of Pokémon. RP skills advised include:Money management, upper-middle Pokémon game knowledge, basic horror movie trope knowledge and a thirst to have fun.

Ideas/improvements?
Sounds interesting. I would join this. Except that I have no money management skills. My money management skills basically equate to wait until I have enough money to buy all the money multipliers and go from there.

Okay, so I've had a idea to do my own Role-Play as the Game Master for a while now. Which since now I have it all set up and stuff, I wish to have a Co-GM just to moderate me and to see how I am doing as the GM, as well as to double check my story post before I post them

For the Co-GM I am looking for, I'm looking for someone who is very experienced in Role-Plays, has been a GM before and done pretty successful RP's(I'll say more than 200 posts on their RP). If you are interested in helping me as a Co-GM, please reply.

The RP I have is a original one I created, inspired by a RP made by Flaze named "Seekers", with some of Yun's "With Great Power." I have titled it "The Next Evolution." I was planning on doing a Pokemon one as my first, but we already have two Pokemon ones beginning to start and I couldn't really think of something original for that, all I was thinking was Academy ones but they've been done to death before on here.

Okay, so I've had a idea to do my own Role-Play as the Game Master for a while now. Which since now I have it all set up and stuff, I wish to have a Co-GM just to moderate me and to see how I am doing as the GM, as well as to double check my story post before I post them

For the Co-GM I am looking for, I'm looking for someone who is very experienced in Role-Plays, has been a GM before and done pretty successful RP's(I'll say more than 200 posts on their RP). If you are interested in helping me as a Co-GM, please reply.

The RP I have is a original one I created, inspired by a RP made by Flaze named "Seekers", with some of Yun's "With Great Power." I have titled it "The Next Evolution." I was planning on doing a Pokemon one as my first, but we already have two Pokemon ones beginning to start and I couldn't really think of something original for that, all I was thinking was Academy ones but they've been done to death before on here.
I would love to help out but I'm a bit tied up right now.

What do you think of people RPing as a canon character as long as they keep them in character? I'm thinking of a Nintendo crossover RP.

What do you think of people RPing as a canon character as long as they keep them in character? I'm thinking of a Nintendo crossover RP.
Honestly I think doing a canon character is perfectly fine so long as they're in character, and it can actually be pretty refreshing as opposed to just playing OCs all the time.

The thing about a crossover RP, how many franchises are we talking? What's the context? Is it a tournament like Smash Bros? If you let too many franchises in, then people could get a little overwhelmed, especially if there's no real direction.

Canon characters are perfectly fine so long as people stay in character. (Personally, I never use them because keeping in character is hard and I'm always worried someone else (or me) is going to do something out of character.)

I had a similar idea where Disney characters got magically transported to the Pokémon world and had to become Trainers in order to return home. (because Hades revived some of his fellow Disney villains such as Maleficent, Ursula, Scar, so on and so forth) They'd have to use Pokémon that fit their personality and other traits.

Example: Say you wanted to assume the role of Princess Jasmine. She probably wouldn't want a Magnemite on her team. On the other hand, Tarzan could totally use Carnivine because it suits him as a character.

Good for those who are disney and pokemon fans at the same time
but my idea is mostly a kingdom kind of RP where you can RP as a peasant, a knight and more
and depending on your role, you can go to battle unless your a peasant or a princess/prince

Amino apps is full of barnacles so I'll just post the idea here.

So we have rainbow rocket..He wants to conquer alternate universes. What if a character wanted to wipe out half of them (Along with Giovanni) but plans on bringing back the conquered planets? It's a good twist imo. AND I HATE THE IDEA OF MORE THEN THREE ALOLAS. I LIKED THE DAY NIGHT SWITCH BUT THAT'S IT.

What about a PokeAcademy in which after a person has graduated form somewhere like PokeTech and wished to deepen their knowledge of the Pokeworld? Has anyone else played Pokemon Academy Life? Jw cuz my idea is slightly based off that.

How about this?
In the southern part of the world there is a region called Lunaris. Its a small region, but home to Maplevale, a bustling tourist city. Lunaris is also home the wondrous Dragonpoint Institute. Dragonpoint offers many classes, like our elective type classes, become a type expert in no time. Need more work on your battling skills? Dragonpoint has you covered with an in the mountain training arena, train your pokemon against other student's pokemon to see who comes out on top. That not right for you either? Well students also have the ability to study pokemon in their natural habitats, plus a fully equipped Research Center, for those Professers in training. Dragonpoint also offers after school clubs, like the Battle Team club or even join the Student Council.

Back
Top Bottom