• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sounding Board 2.0 - Post & Discuss Your RP Ideas!

Speakibg of Digimon...
But I would try an Ultraman-style RP since Digimon's pretty dead here in Southeast Asia. And I am an Ultraman otaku on occasion.

I’m new to Bulbagarden, but I have always liked roleplaying games of all kinds. I’m writing a fan fiction to myself about me being a Pokemon Trainer and entering a (generic) Pokemon League. I can’t decide what the outcomes of the League battles should be, and I’m thinking of writing a private roleplay for the battles.

I had an idea for a roleplay where there is an evil plaguing the Pokemon world where it could only be defeated by Pokemon who weren't caught. This evil would not be a Pokemon itself since I intend on there being a full-on non-Pokemon, non-human kind of creature, something that simply cannot be caught. I haven't made any clear rules yet since I don't know if I'll even create the RP, it's just something that I wanted to do in terms of the Pokemon saving the world without a trainer's help that's not a Mystery Dungeon kind of world.

Last edited:
i have the sudden urge to do a danganronpa roleplay where we don't have ocs, we just have existing characters from all the games doing a killing game.

like the ultimate development plan, but actually a killing game.

How about a Multiverse Adventure lasting endlessly? Some years, it won't happen, but still, I'm sure you know what I mean.

Example: Magical Pokemon Quest (A Multiverse Crossover)

I had an idea for a new Digimon RP (since my previous one kinda died), loosely based around the Pendulum V-Pets (specifically with the Digimon Families/Fields used in each individual type). There will be six main characters, and each one has a Digimon whose line represents each Digimon Family/Field.

Nature Spirits (Generic monsters and beasts)
Deep Savers (Aquatic or ice-related Digimon)
Nightmare Soldiers (Darkness or spirit based Digimon, or Digimon based on traditional "Halloween" monsters like vampires, werewolves, or Japanese youkai and demons)
Wind Guardians (Flying, air, or plant based Digimon)
Metal Empire (Machine, cyborg, or other mechanical Digimon)
Virus Busters (Heroic or angelic Digimon, often includes main characters from the anime or manga)
^Thanks Wikimon for supplying these descriptions
The human characters could also be from parts of the Real World associated with the places these Digimon prefer to call their home.
Nature Spirits character could be from somewhere with lots of grasslands and canyons, (ie, Australia, Kenya, Mexico)
Deep Savers character could be from somewhere with lots of water, possibly including ice ( ie, Hawaii, Scandinavia, Alaska)
Nightmare Soldiers character could be from a place known for being associated with ghosts of whatnot (ie, Southern USA, certain parts of China)
Wind Guardians character could be from a place with possibly tropical weather and lots of nature (ie, Brazil, West Africa)
Metal Empire character could be from a very large metropolitan area (ie, New York City, Paris, Tokyo, Los Angeles)
Virus Busters character could be from anywhere associated with a legendary hero (ie, Greece, England)

I actually have several different ideas:

--Traveling around an ancient Kanto/Johto with flowery martial arts, taking down warlords and yokai, and so on (inspired by Pokemon Conquest, Inuyasha, the Isle of Armor DLC, and a pinch of Zelda)
--the characters making names for themselves as actors, either in a co-ed show, or an all girl Takarazuka-esque production (a la Revue Starlight (canon characters optional)
--a full on "Pokemon meets Zelda" type adventure.

Anyone interested in any of those?

Back
Top Bottom