• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Soundtrack and Sound Effects Speculation

So, that supposed Gym Trainer theme is actually the Gym Leader theme:

[video=youtube;cdbY1WvOhuE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdbY1WvOhuE[/video]

It sounds really awesome. I love the beginning of the song.

Apparently there is no such thing as Gym Trainer themes and the Gyms do not have unique themes like in B2W2 (;__;)

BW2's is still better. Aside from the beginning, this one lacks the same energy.

Also, it's somewhat disappointing that they went back to a universal gym theme.

BW2's is still better. Aside from the beginning, this one lacks the same energy.
I disagree. Gen V's is the worst Gym Leader Battle Theme by a huge margin to me.

Anyway, here are some other battle themes for who is interested:

Pokemon X & Y OST Team Flare Grunt Battle Music - YouTube

Pokemon X & Y OST Korrina Battle Music - YouTube

The "Team Flare Grunt Battle" theme is easily the best "... Grunt Battle" theme in the series to me. It sounds quite evil. Korrina's Battle Theme is pretty good too, but it isn't exactly new. So far, Gen VI's music is being so much better than Gen V's. I am so happy because of that <3

I disagree. Gen V's is the worst Gym Leader Battle Theme by a huge margin to me.

The "Team Flare Grunt Battle" theme is easily the best "... Grunt Battle" theme in the series to me. It sounds quite evil. Korrina's Battle Theme is pretty good too, but it isn't exactly new. So far, Gen VI's music is being so much better than Gen V's. I am so happy because of that <3

I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one, then. I like 5th gen's music better than this. I'd rate the soundtracks as something like this:

HGSS > BW2 > BW1 > FRLG > RSE > DPPt > XY

Team Flare Grunt Battle theme sounds so goddamn awesome, can't wait to hear the rest of the soundtrack.

The music is so awesome!~ So French, and I love it!~

I also feel Gen V didn't have the best music and I don't find myself going to listen to to many of the tracks compared to those of DPPT, RBY, or RSE. And I definitely know I'll be going to listen to most of, if not all of the XY tracks.

From what I've heard of the soundtrack, it's extremely underwhelming. I liked the first cave theme, but that will most likely get extremely annoying after a while. I do really like the Xerneas battle theme though. Almost every single other battle theme is way too laid back for their to be any excitement, no matter how many eclectic guitar parts they randomly throw in. The town themes are decent. The few route songs I heard sounded like they were trying too hard to bring back RBY nostalgia.

EDIT: Just listened to the Elite Four and Champion themes. Now that's how they should have gone if they wanted to go with the slower paced battle themes. Also, dat Hoenn sampling. The Elite Four is similar in instrumentation and style to the Gym theme, but instead with more build up and more going on. The champion is the right mix of whimsy and tenseness which it seemed like they were trying to do with the Iris theme.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Laverre City's theme reminds me of the music in Shrek. It really fits, since the Fairy-type gym is there.

It seems like the music gets better the more officially you hear it. I remembered not being to fond of the fan recreations of the gym leader theme and the trainer battle theme, but the better quality I got to listen to it, the better it sounded, and this gym leader theme is AWESOME. I don't even care if it was speculated to be the gym trainer's themes, I'm happy. I'm just hoping we get more final Pokemon themes in this game (don't spoil me, I wanna find out on my own :p)

The music in X/Y so far has been amazing. One of my favourites is the Boutique theme. Anistar City, and the Tower of Mastery theme...so many good songs. I can't wait for the soundtrack itself.

The music in X & Y is good for the most part, if a little underwhelming. I love the Boutique theme, though. Seriously, that might just be my favorite Pokémon soundtrack track ever.

But I was so disappointed with the Gym Leader theme! To me the whole thing just sounds like a major build-up for a drop that simply doesn't happen. Like imagine if someone made a dubstep song and started playing that section to prepare you for the bass drop... And then they just didn't drop the bass!!! Unforgivable, hahaha.

I don't mind the "underwhelming" thing - it's so perfect for background music and I've actually been listening to it rather than my iPod. I'd love to obtain the soundtrack to have in my background playlist xD Especially the theme during the fireworks with Shauna...

My favourite track I've encountered in game is the Power Plant/Pokeball Factory/wherever else it places song. Smooth and curious.

Team Flare's Boss battle theme is so fucking awesome ._. Hands down the best evil team-related battle theme in the series IMO. This game's soundtrack is just wonderful. The route and city themes are such an absurd improvement over the Gen V's atrocious ones. In terms of overworld themes, the music that plays in the Power Plant is hands down my favorite. It reminds me of Persona 4 ♥ I am yet to listen to a XY track that I could call "bad".

Well I just started actually doing Super Training to try (and succeed at) getting a Dusk Stone. Holy crap, why couldn't the battle themes in this game be more like that? Dem ST songs.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom