• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Soundtrack appreciation thread

pitchtheripoff

Professor Laventon Enjoyer
Reaction score
DO NOT CLICK THE LINKS IF YOU WANT TO AVOID SPOILERS!!!!

We should talk about the soundtrack for this game. Not only is it atmospheric in it's original tracks, but the remixed ones are some of the best renditions of the originals by far. [Think; Volo, Warden and Trainer battle themes].

Especially the Obsidian Fieldlands themes make the game's exploration that more atmospheric, and the battle themes it has make the battles very energetic and exciting. The arrangments and original music made by the composers are absolutely incredible.

Now to stop sounding like a broken record, what is your favourite track in the game if you have one and why?

GOD YES thank you SO MUCH

I actually put in a bit of soundtrack appreciation for my review of Legends: Arceus on my school's newspaper lol.

I love The Heartwood, the fue (Japanese flute) in it is absolutely beautiful. Other stuff is awesome, I love Jubilife Village's theme as well. Volo's reminds me of Cynthia lmao.
YESSSS heartwood is one of my favourites its SO good
also pretty sure volo is cynthia's ancestor so yeah

After playing the game a couple days ago, I've been starting to listen to the The Warden battles theme on loop. It's sooo good. I especially love the intro, just gets you all pumped up
What was your overall take on this game btw? Did you like it as much as I (and many others) did?

What was your overall take on this game btw? Did you like it as much as I (and many others) did?
Not sure I hold it in as a high regard as a lot of y'all do, but I did enjoy it overall. I think some things hold it back a bit, but there's other ideas there I really liked and I hope carry over. But I'll reserve my full thoughts for a more suitable thread

i love the soundtrack in pokemon games in general, feels like they rarely miss, but for pla specifically i have to mention the late night obsidian fieldlands theme??? it feels underappreciated, the atmosphere is Amazing, it really feels both vast and mysterious. it really feels like you've been thrust into a strange, foreign world...and it feels celestial?? in a way?
it came up on a relaxing pokemon music playlist at one point earlier this month, i had never really given it the time of day or a proper listen before that. but its a favorite of mine, very relaxing

Back
Top Bottom