• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Space World 1997 demo for Pokemon Gold leaked

It would basically just be dialog from a couple of NPCs and perhaps Will himself, but a “subplot” nonetheless.

Well, that’s precisely what I was getting at - that it would likely just be a few comments from NPCs, and that a couple lines of dialogue isn’t really a subplot by any measure. A subplot is like the Kanto Pokémon Federation shenanigans on the Sevii Islands in FRLG, or having to get medicine for the lighthouse Ampharos, or something. What you’re describing is just minute character trivia.

The Johto games also had the Power Plant subplot (which included Copycat's doll). Like the Ampharos one, it was tied to the progression rather than just trivia.

I’ve noticed two neat things in the unused graphics.
  1. Imposter Oak: Could this have been the real villain behind Team Rocket? He would have framed the real Prof. Oak for actions he never did. We did see a Team Rocket character (James) impersonate Oak in the anime, while Petrel assumed Giovanni’s identity as well as the Radio Director’s. Imposter Oak got a card in the Team Rocket TCG expansion, too. And that screenshot from the Radio Tower could easily be explained as the imposter taking Petrel’s role originally. Note that we don't have any sprites for the Rocket Executives. Maybe the imposter would have pretended to be Giovanni to get the grunts to do his bidding, but eventually he would have impersonated Oak to take his revenge for something that happened in the past. That begs the question as to his real identity... Kurt?
  2. The “generic” girl in Agatha’s snow town also has shares Agatha's light hair color in the overworld. That and the black skirt bring Karen to mind. Was she really a Ghost gym leader as the page says, despite Morty's inclusion? What relationship did she have with Agatha?
It's hard to understand why the first element at the very least wasn't kept in the final games, but maybe it was less interesting than I'd like to think. Still, I find it easier to believe that Imposter Oak was the villain than that it was Giovanni, considering the latter's role in the Elite Four (how many times could one person fool the league?).

If the Giovanni in the tower was imposter Oak or a proto-Patrel...Maybe Giovanni being in the E4 was meant to be him turning over a new leaf? Like he honestly regrets everything he did and is using it like some sort of community service?

Thankfully in the end they went with the less confusing sudden disappearance angle. Because unless the manga plot of the entire pokemon leauge being evil was brought in, having a known criminal in what's pretty much a government organization was a dumb move no matter how you look at it.

I wouldn't call it a dumb move so much as a possibly undeserved one. Being promoted to the Elite Four isn't community service - it's a reward. Giovanni would have had to be heroic to deserve that honor.

Maybe if he'd helped the player against Team Rocket, that would have been enough for Lance to pardon him, as it were.

Don't mind if I share my opinions of the betamons on here? I will give ratings because rating is fun. 7+/10 usually means I love the design and I'm actually fustrated how GF passed on it. 5-6/10 means I'm OK I could have lived with it. 3/10 and under means I hate it and I find a the redesign/ditch very deserving.

Chikorita-line: Mostly unchanged except for that baffling middle-stage. Though now that I see it as a chill-looking blob on a flower instead of the flower-moth monstrosity I originally saw, it doesn't look as bad as I thought. Still feels incredibly disconnected from the rest of its line. 4/10 for Bloborita

Honoguma-line: Ugh, fire-bears, how more generic can you get? Glad they replaced such bland drivel with the much more charismatic Cyndaquil (even though I'm not huge on Typhlosion either). 3/10

Kurusu-line: I guess it's OK, but the designs of this line look very plain and unfinished (very beta indead). I definitely prefer the Totodile line a billion times as it is. 4/10

Hoothoot-line: The black dots are a pretty weird design choice. Without the "Clock stripes-lashes", It definitely looks less steampunky than its final form does. This is also why I don't like final Noctowl very much because it shamelessly puts down the cool aethestics of its pre-evo for a more generic cartoon owl look instead. Beta-Noctowl doesn't fare much either. Just sort of looks like a weird, awkward Pidgey-Hoothoot cross. 3/10

Baby-Vulpix: Vulpix was already cute enough, it really doesn't need this chibi pandering. Glad they put this crap design down. 2/10

Tangela-line: Not sure what to think of them. I will leave the benefit of the doubt on the baby-form with the cool cyclop-medusa combo look. The beta-evo looks pretty stylized, especially compared to the rather plain looking Tangrowth. 6/10

Beta-Mantine: I always wondered why Mantine had this veil-like tail. Now that I know it supposed to be this kite-bird-ray combination, I feel completed again. Pretty nice, would have loved to see introduced immediately as Mantine's pre-evo instead of whatever Gen 4 came up with. 7/10

Qwilfish-line: Ow, why did they put this down! Qwilfish always felt like this poor little standalone out of nowhere with any gimmick to make it stand out, like Shuckle or Wobuffet do. And now to know it actually had an evo planned explains everything and makes it even more heartbreaking! At least the design itself was later reused somewhat for Whiscash, but I still feel bad for poor Qwilfish. 7/10

Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff: Don't really want to comment much on these gross little stinkers. They all look less stylized and therefore less nice to look at than their final designs. Just terrible (and this is coming from someone who hates final Cleffa already). 1/10

Baby-Goldeen: Another garbage baby form, looks like a miserable-looking miniature version of Seaking, thus making Goldeen feel unfitted in the line instead of building off, for zero reason. 2/10

That fish-line: This line is very weird, and I don't really know exactly what's going on. All three evos feel incredibly disconnected from eachother. The butterfly fish looks pretty boring, while the last evo feels way to plain and has an apparent lack of polish design-wise. The shark-anchor is kind of nice at least, and I definitely wish we finally get a steel shark in a future gen (even the eel was somewhat reused in Huntail).
Glad honestly the Chinchoo-line actually came and replaced this line's niche. 5/10

Baby-Paras: Very cute, and this is probably one of the very few babies here I could get behind. The thought of a mini-Paras popping out of a mushroom is just too cute to ignore. 7/10

Beta-Ariados: The gimmick of the markings making a scary face while being faced with versus a goofy face towards its trainer is pretty fun (I definitely prefer when an evolution builds off the gimmick of its pre-evo instead of ditching it altogether). Beta-Ariados has gross proportions though, while the face is better and more spidery. 7/10

Animon: Worthless evo with an ugly design to boot for a quite cute and iconic 'mon, no thanks bye. 2/10

Baby-Doduo: This thing is really well-thought out and made me wish it actually made into the final games. The evolution from a three-headed 'mon to a two-headed one would definitely be distressing to witness though. Ditch one head, and this would have been such a great design for a babymon. 8/10

Beta-Sunflora: It looks more intimidating, especially as it comes straight from the ground. Still kind of prefer vanilla Sunflora over it for some reason. 6/10

Beta-Dumbo: Final Phanpy, but just less polished.

Twinz-Line: Definitely feels more like it eventually became Wobuffet and not the Banshee head Misdreavus. Kind of too similar to Ghastly for me to really like. Also how come this thing evolves into Girafarig? There's strictly no connection design-wise between the two, besides maybe the siamese concept. Beta-Girafarig is really cool looking, but I guess Gamefreak figured out an innocent and cute animal perpetually attached to its evil twin staring at you when you send it out was a concept too jarring for the kids, and we got a lame standalone instead. 4/10 for Double-Ghastly, 9/10 for Palindrome

Baby-Meowth: Quite adorable, reminds me of Skitty. Has decently more personality and charm to it than your usual babymon. 7/10

Bellcats-line: A nice little association that works as a Pokéline. But between Umbreon and the later redesign of Sneasel I guess they figured out this line felt redundant which I do agree with. Also the second evo reminds me too much of the Sailor Moon cat. 7/10

Beta-Politoad: Um yeah, I find Final Politoad positivily adorable so I dunno what to think about this beta-design, I guess it's OK. 5/10

Beta-Ledian: Looks much more closely to Ladyba than Final Ledian do, but I don't care because Ladyba is lame and Ledian is a really cool looking Astroboy-Ladybug mashup (despite its shit stats). 3/10

Baby-Ponyta: This is just laughable at this point. How more lazy can you get for a baby form, just a smaller Ponyta. I would have actually laughed if Babyta here didn't look so lame. 2/10

Turbann: I dunno, I love the weird nature and biology around Slowbro, but I guess it would be still kind of fun to have the famous 'mon that-noms-on-Slowbros-tail as its own entity. But it would feel awkward why Shellder would take this form it's not to live a parasitic live. I guess it just needs to be its own thing from complete scratch. 6/10

Baby-Grimer: Another ridiculous, unneeded and badly designed baby. There's really nothing about it besides trying (and failing) at making a poisonous blob made of filth look actually cute. 2/10

Remoraid-line: Basically the whole concept around this line made much more obvious and therefore a lot less nonsensical to a lot of people. While I prefer the freaky fish-sensibilities of the Final Remoraid compared to its more gun-related earlier counterpart, tank-built Beta-Octillery makes its final version look rather plain and generic in comparison.
5/10 for Gunman, 8/10 for Tank-cups

Tyrogue-line: A cute and serviceable design, I like the bear ears and the big exagerated fists, but I still think the final design does a better job at gelling its three evos together. Beta-Hitmontop is... What the heck even is that?! Look, I actually this whole demo version thing was fake at first and people were just overhyping it, and this thing is one of the reasons I thought so. I mean jesus, what a mess. It legit looks like a fakemon from someone who purposely tried to make an evo for Hitmontop without gasping anything about its design and just throwed its concept upside-down and throwing extre details for no reason (like the third eye), making the whole thing look extremely nonsensical (why the heck are its legs attached to its head???)
I just can't believe they could came up with this Before the Final Hitmontop design despite it making so much more sense.
7/10 for Beta-Tyrogue, 1/10 for Horrendous Mess

Baby-Growlithe: Oh glory, another baby Pokemon. At least it tries to do something different from its evo and is marginally cuter (even though it hasn't the same charm). Really not a fan though, going from a beagle to an ambiguous race of dog is still pretty jarring. 4/10

Hoppip-line: So they were cats all this time! I always wondered what they were based on besides the obvious dandelion life cycle, and glad I know the response to this now. Still prefer the Final Hoppip-line's more ambiguous take on plant monsters without having an obvious real life inspiration in the way. I also like the more polished and rounder of the final designs better, so much cuter. 6/10 nonetheless

Beta-Mime Jr: Onto a new slew of babymons, yeay. Beta-Mime Jr. looks less stylized and charismatic than its modern counterpart introduced in Gen 4. Its just an egg with some Mr. Mime features glued on, no inventive and cute take on an acrobatic mini-clown to be seen. Glad they put this idea to rest until they had more inspiration. 3/10

Beta-Smoochum: I highly dislike Jynx' design, so the more Smoochum moved away from it, the better. 4/10

Beta-Elekid: This little goofer rapidely became the face of this whole demo. Just about everyone fell for its seeming cuteness and the overtly silly design. I have to admit I opened myself to it a lot more than I first saw it. I just like how the fat little halo is stuck in the middle of its pointy antenna or something for literally no reason. Still think Final Elekid works better as a pre evo to Electabuzz than this, but it's still serviceable. 6/10

Beta-Magby: I like Magby for a baby Pokemon, it's charmful and cute without trying too hard at it and condense the most important elements of its horrid and busy-looking evolution into a simple but much more likeable Pokémon. I sadly think the charm is kinda taken off with that haircut and the tough-looking eyes. 4/10

Alternate-Weepinbell-Evolution: Interesting, I always wondered why they gave Bollossom as an alternate final evolution to the Oddish-line and nothing to the Bellsprout despite the two lines beinh coubterparts. Glad (and sad) to know they actually considered a goofy alternative catching the charm the two pre-evos next to the intimidating Victreebel. The beta design could use a little refinement though, as is it just looks a fat Bellsprout. 5/10

Fire Ball-Seal: Really dumb idea. But it's so wacky and silly, it actually forms a charm on its own right. Another wasted opportunity, especially for the interesting type combo. 7/10

Beta-Delibird: Delibird but looking even more up to its inspiration. I will say the more rockhopper pinguin-inspired design is superior, but I don't really care about Delibird anyway to begin with. 5/10

Electric Tigerballs-line: It's OK, quite dumb. Feels like Tiger/Cheetah + Electricity is such an overtly obvious combo, and it tries at the perfectly round cuteness to hide this fact a bit. I really do like the jagged tail though 5/10

Farfetch'd-Evolution: Everyone-Wanted-One-And-They-Had-One-Actually-Planned-All-This-Long. Now time for the design. I do like the black feathers forming a mask on its face, even though it comes as rather random. I'm kind of split on how they just elongated his body proportions. I think it would have look nicer if they just kept charming cartoon duck body and just continued giving it more hero-inspired stuff like a cape made of feathers and a second scallion. 5/10

Voodoo-Panda-line: Ow, now that's unfair! The tradition-based Johto definitely could have used a little more spooks up in its roster, and it happens they had a really cool line planned! A voodoo-kind-of-doll evolving into a zombie-looking panda with a dash of Chinese inspiration is just rad of a concept. Also a great way to promote the move Curse as well! How more perfect could this get.
MISSED opportunity. 9/10

Beta-Murkrow: Just its witch origins played more. Glad they ditched this for a more superior mafioso inspiration even though they let the broom-shaped tail jarringly in its final design! 6/10

Beta-Blissey: Ew gross. Final Blissey took the nice simplicity of its pre-evo and injected some well-fitting angelic qualities to it creating a gracious and sweet-looking design without going overboard. This Beta-thing just went into the in-your-face, busy way with two pouches, added blush and a freaking dumb big heart glued on its forehead just to PANDER you with its niceness and how a caring of a Pokémon it is. Really bad, almost as bad as that thing called Happiny. 2/10

Pinsir-evolution: Another long time desired addition. They clearly had an idea here that mutated eventually into a Pokémon called Heracross, thus becoming Pinsir's new counterpart after Scynther decided to conserve its evolution. Kind of cool, even though I mostly see it as a transitory step into a new design. 6/10

Wolfman-line: NO NO NO NO NO NO, HELL to THE NO, to THE TWO TIMES NOS. It's official, Game freaking FREAK definitely dropped the ball on this one. I mean look at that precious little fuzzball!!! A Tangela-sort of critter living into wolf fur like some sort of ice age-themed shaggy yeti is just genius concept, and the execution is so cute and endearing my heart is just melting looking at it, pun intended. Its evolution includes a fair ammount of menace to the design and the result is really cool-looking as well. But the pre-evo makes me almost DEPRESSED it was shamelessly dropped off the final games which I really hate and is a crime of the highest order. And I don't care how much of them were recycled into futuremons, like Snorunt&Glalie or Snover&Abomasnow, or even this gen's Swinub&Piloswine, I need their exact designs in an official game, NOW.
10/10

Beta-Porygon2: This one is... strange to say the least. It definitely has nothing to do with its final incarnation as it design stems from a donut shop mascot logo or something like that. Probably would have getting them into problems as they realised and opted for the straightfoward smoother texturized evolution for Porygon. And Final Porygon2 is underrated and totally very cute, but this one looks cute as well even though its inclusion would have feel wrong. 6/10

Beta-Lickylicky?: What they originally thought as an evolution for standalone Kanto weirdo Lickytung. Definitely very interesting with the cool Middle-Eastern flair and so much more aesthetically pleasing than Lickylicky. 8/10

Beta-Kingdra: Just Kingdra with its dragons origins shown very obviously. Works as a pretty weird mix, but cool enough, but then again I'm not huge on either designs. 6/10

Beta-Legendary Beasts: Won't judge any of these atrocities on their own. Feel like hackmons from a bad fan-made game found on a second-rate editor board. I always felt the Final Legendary Beasts were a bit on the busy side, but looking at these it definitely helped me appreciate them more. 1/10

Beta-Sneasel: I mean it looks they were at a very, very early stage of consideration of the Sneasel idea. It's just a cartoon weasel standing up with big claws. It just doesn't compare to the highly stylized black feather-cat with Egyptian markings we got after that.
I wouldn't mind if it this simply was an early road rodent, but the fact it supposed to represent something so much cooler makes it look so much lamer in comparison. 3/10

Beta-Aipom: Another super highly stylized Pokémon (and with a really adorable goofiness to it at that) with a frankly blah original design in comparison. Still kind of cool on its own right, just a cartoony little chimp with your typical Pokétweak to make it slightly more interesting looking. 6/10

Beta-Leafeon: Well, this one is so much better than we got in the end. I guess they scrapped this idea for Gen 2 because they already had a cool duo going on and didn't want to interfere it with this. But this is vastly superior to the Grass-typed eveelution we got in Gen 4. Actually looks like it's made of organic, plant-based material and coming straight from the rainforest or something, instead of the tacked-on one where it feels like they just glued a bunch of leaves on a generic eveelution model and called it a day.
8/10

Anyway, overall I would these beta-designs were very hit-and-miss (with it being more on the miss side). There's a clear lack of polish and some confused ideas that need more ellaboration. There's some awesome designs of course that sadly didn't make it, but overall I would say the cutting room clearly served as a quality control. Everyone gushing over the betamons while kind of dismissing the final roster is honestly because the demo designs are just new and shiny and refreshing while we've been with the final Johtomons for nearly 20 years.

Honestly I feel like cyndaquil’s line is pretty uninteresting, so I’m a little disappointed to see something I think is a little bit cooler got cut

I wouldn't call it a dumb move so much as a possibly undeserved one. Being promoted to the Elite Four isn't community service - it's a reward. Giovanni would have had to be heroic to deserve that honor.

Maybe if he'd helped the player against Team Rocket, that would have been enough for Lance to pardon him, as it were.
Actually, Giovanni isn't on the Elite Four in the demo- the Elite Four isn't programmed into the game. I believe the mistake was made from people reading the spreadsheet incorrectly where the final game's sprite list is lined up beside the demo's.

For the record, here is the spreadsheet-
View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B5epMdm1Wcvh33qFABpw-SO76uZt6WNSl0UsD5yq_dI/htmlview?sle=true#

And here are the trainer sprites- https://private.sanqui.net/spaceworld/trainers.png

That second line is Rival, Prof Oak, Giovanni, Protagonist, Misty, Bruno, Lorelei, Lance. Most of them have placeholder sprites.

Well, we do know that it apparently evolved with Metal Coat... but it was still Normal-type and still only learned Transform. Base stats were all 50's instead of 48's, so slight improvement, but pretty much a regular Ditto. XD It really would be nice to know what its intended function was, because at the moment it looks kind of redundant.
You're forgetting how Ditto works.

When it morphs, it has all of its stats replaced with the copied Pokemon's.

EXCEPT HP!

Animon has over 50 more base HP than regular Ditto. So it would've been a straight up improvement.

There's nothing actually about Entei that warrants it being called a dog, it looks exactly like a lion. It's only called a "lion dog" by some because it barks, but if that's just an remnant of beta development then it's not really meant to be a dog; like how Arcanine is not an legendary pokemon even though it's called the "Legendary Pokemon".
I looked over a few other Pokemon from the beta and found I was wrong. Some of them had a corresponding entry in Gold but others had one in Silver.
Raikou's Silver entry actually doesn't refer to the thundercloud and does refer to barking:
"A Pokémon that races across the land while barking a cry that sounds like crashing thunder."
Which seems to be entry for Rai from the beta.

As I've tried to explain many times to people, the word for "bark" is the same as "roar" in Japanese since they have no native large cats.

You're forgetting how Ditto works.

When it morphs, it has all of its stats replaced with the copied Pokemon's.

EXCEPT HP!

Animon has over 50 more base HP than regular Ditto. So it would've been a straight up improvement.
Animon has 50 base HP, Ditto has 48 base HP. It's a small improvement.

But it actually appears that a lot of the beta pokemon have 50 on all of their stats, so it may be a placeholder number. Animon's stats may not have been decided at that point, so we really don't know what improvements it may have had over regular Ditto. =/

OH AND IN REGARDS TO ENTEI'S DESIGN:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/452166186575200289/452891221883355146/1505259463382.png

It seems that Muneo was tasked with replacing those dogs and did intentionally give Entei a lion/dog design to make it less regular animal-ish.

Last edited:
Actually, Giovanni isn't on the Elite Four in the demo- the Elite Four isn't programmed into the game. I believe the mistake was made from people reading the spreadsheet incorrectly where the final game's sprite list is lined up beside the demo's.

For the record, here is the spreadsheet-
View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B5epMdm1Wcvh33qFABpw-SO76uZt6WNSl0UsD5yq_dI/htmlview?sle=true#

And here are the trainer sprites- https://private.sanqui.net/spaceworld/trainers.png

That second line is Rival, Prof Oak, Giovanni, Protagonist, Misty, Bruno, Lorelei, Lance. Most of them have placeholder sprites.
But we know that Giovanni, Misty, Bruno, Lorelei and Lance were supposed to battle the player, don't we? And they were placed together if we ignore the protagonist. It isn't a big leap.

But we know that Giovanni, Misty, Bruno, Lorelei and Lance were supposed to battle the player, don't we? And they were placed together if we ignore the protagonist.
I think we know that they were going to be included in the game and not much else about that. The last two sprites in that trainer set (the twin girl section) are actually labeled Elite Four♂ and Elite Four♀.

Last edited:
I think we know that they were going to be included in the game and not much else about that. The last two sprites in that trainer set (the twin girl section) are actually labeled Elite Four♂ and Elite Four♀.
I find it hard to believe that out of four returning Elite Four members, none would have reprised their roles (or been promoted).

I find it hard to believe that out of four returning Elite Four members, none would have reprised their roles (or been promoted).
From what it looks like, and this is a theory I've formed after looking at the map and the trainer sprite list, the games appear to have been like a progression from regionals to nationals. The map is based on the entirety of Japan with Kanto present in the game as a single "city" of which Red is the "gym leader." Assuming Red held his post as Champion at the end of the Gen 1 games, then that would mean that the "gym leaders" in the demo are all actually Champions, and your task is to go around to the different regions to defeat the Champion of each. This would explain the Elite Four being reduced to male and female sprites like generic trainers instead of having their own individual sprites.

Last edited:
Assuming Red held his post as Champion at the end of the Gen 1 games, then that would mean that the "gym leaders" in the demo are all actually Champions, and your task is to go around to the different regions to defeat the Champion of each. This would explain the Elite Four being reduced to male and female sprites like generic trainers instead of having their own individual sprites.
That could explain why half the gyms are labeled LEAGUE, however, it doesn't explain why Red's still says Gym. I also thought that Giovanni and co. were Elite Four because they were found in the same part as the final Elite Four, however a Champion league could have been more interesting.

Maybe Misty's team in the final game was what she was supposed to use there (minus Lapras, and possibly with Numpuff and Grotess as part of the team.

By the way, I thought Animon's stats were scrubbed since most of the beta Pokémon share those base stats.

EDIT: Here are the one's that doesn't have an all-50's stat distribution: Leef/Chikorita line, the Honoguma line, the Kurusu line, Hoothoot, Ampharos, Babul/Qwilfish, Lanceffish/Quagsire, the Natu line, Marill, the Sunmola1 line, Ecksing/Crobat, Donphan, Girafarig, Rinring, Politoed, Slowking, the Lefmew/Hoppip line, Elebabee/Elekid, Miltank, the Tigrette line, the Kurstraw line, En/Rai/Sui, Sneasel, Snubbull and Tael/Aipom. Ho-oh doesn't have those stats, but the fact that they were 100 in all stats looks suspicious.

Last edited:
That could explain why half the gyms are labeled LEAGUE, however, it doesn't explain why Red's still says Gym. I also thought that Giovanni and co. were Elite Four because they were found in the same part as the final Elite Four, however a Champion league could have been more interesting.

Maybe Misty's team in the final game was what she was supposed to use there (minus Lapras, and possibly with Numpuff and Grotess as part of the team.

By the way, I thought Animon's stats were scrubbed since most of the beta Pokémon share those base stats.

EDIT: Here are the one's that doesn't have an all-50's stat distribution: Leef/Chikorita line, the Honoguma line, the Kurusu line, Hoothoot, Ampharos, Babul/Qwilfish, Lanceffish/Quagsire, the Natu line, Marill, the Sunmola1 line, Ecksing/Crobat, Donphan, Girafarig, Rinring, Politoed, Slowking, the Lefmew/Hoppip line, Elebabee/Elekid, Miltank, the Tigrette line, the Kurstraw line, En/Rai/Sui, Sneasel, Snubbull and Tael/Aipom. Ho-oh doesn't have those stats, but the fact that they were 100 in all stats looks suspicious.
There's apparently two gyms programmed for Kanto, but I'm not sure where the other one is supposed to be. The one labeled Gym looks like it might be Cerulean's, which makes sense given Misty's apparent presence in the trainer list, and could be included simply for her sake? I honestly haven't tried to play or seen any part of the game in action and am basing my theory mostly on the information posted in the spreadsheet.

And yeah, I think a lot of the base stats were placeholders and not yet decided or programmed in at that stage.

Edit: Oh wait, that's not where Cerulean is. XD Well... I don't know why it says Gym there. Then again, Kanto is so insanely squished and under-represented, it might be Cerulean- who knows. Weird map, shrinking Kanto like that.

There's apparently two gyms programmed for Kanto, but I'm not sure where the other one is supposed to be. The one labeled Gym looks like it might be Cerulean's, which makes sense given Misty's apparent presence in the trainer list, and could be included simply for her sake? I honestly haven't tried to play or seen any part of the game in action and am basing my theory mostly on the information posted in the spreadsheet.

And yeah, I think a lot of the base stats were placeholders and not yet decided or programmed in at that stage.

There's a second gym in the Kanto City? I guess that explains why I never found the last gym, since the last one I found was Red's (which I think is placed on not-Viridian City). I'll look for the last one later and report what I find.

I wish some of the scrapped monscan be introduced for Gen VIII or Sinnoh remakes (for the evos).
Why did you scrap Baby Growlithe, Baby Vulpix, and Baby Meowth, Game Freak?
I would have liked if they kept Leafeon needing a Leaf Stone instead of a Moss Rock when they re-introduced it in Gen IV.
I prefer actual Pichu, Beta Pichu looked like a ball.
I am glad Togepi and Marill got evolutions.
Is it me, or Beta Scizor looks too much like Scyther?
How would we have gotten Turban if it ain't related to the Slowpoke and Shellder lines?
Pre-Girafarig looks more like a Gastly pre-evo.
Beta Girafarig's design makes more sense than the current one.
I prefer Beta Cleffa, it looks moire alien.
Farfetch'd's evolgot sccrapped because?
Hanamogura doesn't look like it belongs to the Chikorita line.
Beta Tangrowth looks better than the actual one.

Back
Top Bottom