• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spanish Review Pokemon Sun and Moon

Borjitasstoi

Reaction score

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eXhu8TTfME

its interesting how this guy behind his knownledge put this same in bad position first of all he dont have mental problems probraly his speeche is severely over reacted but in overall have good points in other seems hope enjoy and open intereting forum of opinion for this i dont delete anything on topic or off topic are welcome

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched it yesterday, here is a summary: The 7th generation is the worst of it all because its game design.

-You get too much money and too much weapons, making the game very easy.
-Customization is terrible because it means that players have to get more money.
-Even with self-imposed rules, there are only a couple of obstacles, and they can be overcomed easily if you go with more items and a few minutes of preparation.
-The game is completely unbalanced for those who use the exp share.
-All characters act in unrealistic ways, as if you were some kind of demigod, and they always remark how awesome you are.
-The boss battles aren't a way to test your strength, but rather friendly and meaningless stuff.
-The player character never changes his expression.
-You are playing Lillie's story, not your story. You act as Lillie's puppet and everything you do is for her. you stop following your goals just because of the one-sided friendship you have with her.
-The encounters with Skull/Gladion/etc become predictable after a while.
-It becomes very predictable who will be the next capitain, and they all are plain and act like photocopies of each other, except for Nanu and Hapu.
-In past games, you impacted the other characters' lives by battling with them. In this game, battles are just excuses, and the development is untangible, for example when Gladion battles you just because you "let" Lillie to be kidnapped.
-The final scenes are bad and boring and the Tapu Koko fight feels unrewarded.

I agree with some stuff, there is a very childish philosophy in the game, specially in the Melemele part, but the game is fun anyway.

I don't think th way he talks is worse than your average Spaniard youtuber.

If you don't play with the Exp. Share, Lusamine and the Elite Four are a decent challenge. Most would agree that SM are harder than XY and ORAS. Sure, the Totems are largely easy to defeat, but were the Kalos and Hoenn gyms much better? Of course, a proper Challenge Mode would have gone a long way.

Impacting others via battling has run its course. However, it is indeed a problem that we have a silent protagonist "bonding" with key characters in a one-sided way. Then again, Persona pulls it off well enough with player input, so Game Freak can learn a few things for the next installments (probably not USUM).

The God analogy may be valid, but it's a trend that started in XY. And, well, it makes sense given the player's feats. It would help if we had a more active cast that deserved some of the credit, though.

The final scenes are not boring so much as annoying to go through with no break in between. It makes sense that Tapu Koko would be interested in the player after saving Nebby.

I'd say that the games' main flaws are limited exploration in some areas, no post-game areas for more catchable Pokemon, and a lack of regional variants. More character cameos would have been appreciated, too. And obviously the story could have been better, but that's a Pokemon game for you.

Last edited:
It was actually a very well thought out review. I thought it was good, even if I ultimately disagree with his criticisms.

The review was divided into two parts: difficulty and story.

He says the difficulty affected the game design and that, ultimately, the game was way too easy. Comparing it to Ruby and Sapphire (his second least favorite game in the franchise) the number of resources Sun/Moon gives you early on is overkill, and it takes away all the challenge. He says that clothing costing Pokedollars means they have to give you more money so you can afford everything, which ends up with an over abundance of money. In the name of accessibility to newcomers, NPC’s have become item piñatas that say two things and then give you some awesome item, leading to an overabundance of resources. Then there’s of course the standard complaint about the Exp. Share. You know the one. He said that even after depriving himself of all these goods, he only got stuck in the battle with Nanu, and that was more due to his poor team composition. He also points out that having to actively deprive yourself of things the game gifts you just to hope there’s some level of challenge is a sign of poor game design.

In terms of story, he has the usual complaints. Expressionless protagonist, Lillie’s story; not yours. The like. He laments the protagonist having zero impact on the characters or the world. He complains about the game telegraphing all its twists, and about the reliance on the overused Chosen One cliche to pretend the protagonist actually matters.

All valid complaints. They just didn’t ruin the game for me.

I can't say that I paid attention to the free items or money. I certainly didn't take advantage of them.

But it is well established that there should be difficulty settings for those that want more of a challenge, possibly without the game giving you many rewards until the post-game.

I suspect that USUM are going to tone down the Lillie focus in favor of Necrozma. Is that better? Eh. The player will still be reacting to events rather than actually standing out as a character.

Last edited:
It was actually a very well thought out review. I thought it was good, even if I ultimately disagree with his criticisms.

The review was divided into two parts: difficulty and story.

He says the difficulty affected the game design and that, ultimately, the game was way too easy. Comparing it to Ruby and Sapphire (his second least favorite game in the franchise) the number of resources Sun/Moon gives you early on is overkill, and it takes away all the challenge. He says that clothing costing Pokedollars means they have to give you more money so you can afford everything, which ends up with an over abundance of money. In the name of accessibility to newcomers, NPC’s have become item piñatas that say two things and then give you some awesome item, leading to an overabundance of resources. Then there’s of course the standard complaint about the Exp. Share. You know the one. He said that even after depriving himself of all these goods, he only got stuck in the battle with Nanu, and that was more due to his poor team composition. He also points out that having to actively deprive yourself of things the game gifts you just to hope there’s some level of challenge is a sign of poor game design.

In terms of story, he has the usual complaints. Expressionless protagonist, Lillie’s story; not yours. The like. He laments the protagonist having zero impact on the characters or the world. He complains about the game telegraphing all its twists, and about the reliance on the overused Chosen One cliche to pretend the protagonist actually matters.

All valid complaints. They just didn’t ruin the game for me.
it's not that his criticisms aren't valid, it's just that they're very facile.

it's not that his criticisms aren't valid, it's just that they're very facile.
On the contrary, I’d argue his review was actually very even-handed. Hardly superficial. He looked at the criticisms he had from all aspects (even the positive ones) and explained in detail why they didn’t work for him.

In fact, I’d argue it’s us Pokémon fans that sometimes get superficial when it comes to the franchise in order to justify our enjoyment of the games.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom