• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

*Sparkle* A wild Beedrill appeared!

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Errr, hello everyone. I'm Viridian Beedrill (or whatever shortened form of that you want to use). I'm a long-time forum observer and even-longer-time Bulbapedia browser. With the Scarlet/Violet DLC hype season in full swing, I thought it was a good time to be brave and finally, properly join! (Also, this is my first experience with any kind of forum, so apologies in advance for the inevitable formatting mishaps.)

My first Pokémon game was HeartGold (with Totodile as my starter), and I've been with the franchise ever since. I'm mainly a fan of the mainline games, but I also keep an eye on spinoffs and loosely follow the anime. I love discussions about Pokémon world lore and theories, learning about the design inspirations of Pokémon...basically anything involving worldcrafting. Pokémon is such a fun universe to explore. Hopefully I can participate in some discussions about those things! I also draw and have been trying to get more disciplined about writing, so I'll probably show up in those forum sections sooner or later.

As far as other interests...well, I enjoy most other Nintendo franchises (Mario, Zelda, Kirby...) as well as Mega Man (which is ironic, since I'm not that good at platformers, heheh). I also have a (weird?) fascination with American superhero and detective stories from the 40's to 60's, both print and radio dramas. My favorite radio show from that era is the Green Hornet, so Beedrill's shiny feels like my own private happy coincidence (hence my avatar and username).

Well, that's enough about me (hopefully my intro wasn't too long?) I look forward to talking about Pokémon with everyone!

Hiya Viridian! Beedrill’s shiny is definitely an underrated variant, so it’s super cool to see someone with a fondness for it! Also super cool niche interest you have! Any other superheroes you’re really into? And yes! Theory crafting and worldbuilding is sooo fun in Pokemon, I’d love to see what you bring to the table here, I love seeing what people create from the Pokemon world.

Hiya Viridian! Beedrill’s shiny is definitely an underrated variant, so it’s super cool to see someone with a fondness for it! Also super cool niche interest you have! Any other superheroes you’re really into? And yes! Theory crafting and worldbuilding is sooo fun in Pokemon, I’d love to see what you bring to the table here, I love seeing what people create from the Pokemon world.
Well, I have a small collection of reprints/compilations of retro DC comics. Some of them are the obvious (Justice League, the Flash), but my favorite of them is a 60's series called Doom Patrol. It's basically this team of people who got superpowers with side-effects that make it impossible for them to live normal lives. They team up against threats that are as weird as they are to show the world that even "freaks" have a place. They develop this really sweet found-family dynamic as the series goes on, and it's just so fun and wholesome (well, the 60's run is, the team got a MASSIVE tone shift in later reboots). Some other more obscure compilations I've found that I enjoy are the Sandman (kind of a shameless Green Hornet knockoff, but I love it anyway) and the Justice Society (Justice League precursor with some members who got counterparts in the League but a lot who didn't).

Hello!! I see a fellow Kirby and Mega Man fan :bulbaWave: (honestly I'm not the best at platformers either lol)
Hope you have a good time here, looking forward to seeing what you draw too!

A belated welcome to ya Viridian, it's nice to meet you!
I'm loving the avatar by the way! Am I right in assuming Beedrill is your favorite Pokémon, or is there another one you like more?
Have fun on the forums; if you ever need help or have a question about something, give us a shout anytime <3

A belated welcome to ya Viridian, it's nice to meet you!
I'm loving the avatar by the way! Am I right in assuming Beedrill is your favorite Pokémon, or is there another one you like more?
Have fun on the forums; if you ever need help or have a question about something, give us a shout anytime <3
Thank you!! (I drew it, so I'm really happy someone likes it, haha). Beedrill is definitely my favorite shiny (or at least tied for favorite) and one of my favorite Pokémon. But I actually tend to say Flygon when people ask for my all-time favorite Pokémon. I genuinely love it, but it kind of only holds "top favorite" status as a matter of strategy. It's both popular enough to be well-liked but not so popular as to have a significant number of haters (cough cough Charizard), so when I'm asked for my favorite, I can use it without attracting much grief. In reality, I just have a cluster of favorites, and which is on top depends on my mood that day.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom