• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Special 2021 Winter Arc

I wonder what those eggs are about? Goh gets a Dialga egg confirmed?!
I'm guessing they may be references to the Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina Egg players can get/create in the HGSS games; probably not, but that would be a pretty cool reference if that was indeed the case.

The promotion episodes for the Diamond and Pearl remake in Switch. Wondering, it going to be good or not. Love to see Seiyuu talking themselves to each other with their characters from another dimension.

I like to think the pokemon were de-age I mean you can see them turning small and you can see pikachu as a pichu.

Also nice TRio (or mirror-TRio) is going to fight with their own Pokémon (Wobbuffet and Meowth), even if they are in a battle suit. I wonder if Morpekko, or in case it's mirror-TRio another old TRio Pokémon, will join the fight.

16361095040372213348042269537983.jpg

Promotional Art for the arc

FDbN2CbXsAo1TPI

Interestingly, Shiny Ash uses "Watashi" to refer to himself, while we all know Ash uses "Ore". Did the Mirror World Ash back from XY use "Watashi" or "Ore"?

Also, pretty cool preview, now I'm just hoping that the anime doesn't go on a break right before this 2-part special arc.

I hope to see the real Team Rocket TRio funny and cute vs the fake serious Team Rocket TRio in BW style (So … the BW TR is from a mirror world? )

What a surprise to wake up to!

Some thinky thoughts :unsure:

-Dawn and Cynthia are returning to the surprise of no one

-Infernape is back as well!

-What’s up with those Mecha Suits Team Rocket is wearing?

-I'm guessing this is some super OP AU version of Team Rocket and not the normal version right?
Cause there's no way in HELL Meowth of all Pokemon could make Cynthia's GARCHOMP struggle to land a hit

-Lucario and Inteleon both get caught in an Electric Net by TR.
So much for those "Lucario is a Gary Stu" arguments.
I don't like that my Lizard baby has to go down with him but as long as he fairs well against Kingdra I will let it slide

-Did I just catch Cinderace wearing one of those Mecha suits?

-Not gonna lie, I like AU Dawn's color scheme a lot more than her Default.

-OMG EVERYONE IS REVERTED TO BABIES!!! SO CUUUUTE!!!! :love:

-If Pikachu has reverted back to Pichu, I wonder if these Pokemon Eggs are the rest of the Gang's Pokemon?
20211105_083542.jpg

-If so then I wonder who's who?
The Brown Egg is probably Eevee, The Purplish Egg might be Piplup, Blue Egg could be Lucario, and idk who tf the Black Egg is. (Maybe Grookey?)

-Speaking of Grookey, there's so little of him in this trailer that I literally forgot he was in this. They really need to do something with that little guy soon.

-Still little to make me care about Dialga and Palkia. I hope that eerie looking place the gang is in is the Distortion World because I want to see Giratina come out and overshadow both of them.

Well all in all there's a LOT to unpack here. Probably a little too much for only 2 episodes.
I hope that they don't rush the hell out of everything

Last edited:
I figured Dawn was coming back and I'm glad to see it; I really hope we get to see some of her team, but with the cast of 4 doubling to 8 due to their Mirror World 2.0 forms, it's unlikely...
The plot seems to begin with Dawn's Piplup getting "kidnapped" by the other Dawn, which sounds like a good excuse to show off some of Dawn's other Pokemon.

As expected, Dawn and Cynthia are here...yawn

I just hope these AU versions act differently from their main universe counter parts like that time in XY.

Team Rocket Serious Mode activated!

Wait...the red chain...could it be? (eh, probably not)

Ah hells, they're even making the kids shrink?! Way to go the extra mil for promotion, OLM! (y)

Though I really hope there's at least one more episode for this arc. (though with the way THIS saga does things and our dumb luck...)

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom