• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Special: Pokémon the movie XY&Z Premiere Special

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Special: Pokémon the movie XY&Z Premiere Special
Airs: July 14

Here is some information on the special, courtesy of Dephender.

Pokémon the movie XY&Z Premiere Commemorative "Hoopa and the Clash of Ages"/"Pikachu and the Pokemon Music Squad" Fierce! Startling!! 2 Hour Pokémon Movie Special

The grand "Legend VS Legend" battle airs for the first time anywhere!

The 2015 blockbuster Hoopa and the Clash of Ages & Pikachu and the Pokémon Music Squad.

Also features a smashing world premiere showcase of footage from this year's Pokémon movie, Volcanion and the Mechanical Magearna!

The Fierce! Startling!! 2 Hour Pokémon Movie Special airs Thursday July 14th at 6pm

Hmm I'm not sure that's quite accurate :p

Based on previous experience, does anyone have an idea as to when during this 2 hour broadcast the new footage will get shown? I don't really wanna sit through that movie/short again for 2 mins new trailer...

Hmm I'm not sure that's quite accurate :p

Based on previous experience, does anyone have an idea as to when during this 2 hour broadcast the new footage will get shown? I don't really wanna sit through that movie/short again for 2 mins new trailer...

I think it's implying on Japanese television and it would most likely be after the movie and short and you should be able to find out how long they both go for together if you look up the running time for the both of them.

I'm a little disappointed. I thought we'd get another pre-movie special/semi-prequel.

Dephender;18056821 said:

Cartoon Network might have something to say about that...

SammyW27 said:
Cartoon Network might have something to say about that...

To be fair Kids' WB! used to use the phrase "World Premiere" for their broadcasts of the English dub despite the fact that the dub was like a full year behind the Japanese version back in those days. This is just the same thing, only in reverse.

Yes, indeed. And also...

"The 2015 blockbuster Hoopa and the Clash of Ages & Pikachu and the Pokémon Music Squad."

A bit self-flattering, eh? Considering it bombed at the box office.

How bad did it bomb? And why? This information is kinda hard to find......

How bad did it bomb? And why? This information is kinda hard to find......

I don't know what the film's budget was (and apparently they don't want to reveal it), but it made only ¥2.61 billion (which is about $22 million). Not sure why it happened, though. And it's possible that all that is why this year's movie has barely been mentioned until now.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom